Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

3 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 35 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Asher considered his words for a few seconds, glancing around the room as he thought, then looked to Kay again. "I've been thinking over everything that's happened today, and I feel like it would be wrong for me to leave Terra before the androids have been granted their freedom," he said. "I think it might be in the best interests of the children and the androids if I stay on Terra while Vestia goes on to the Imperium." He wished he could have phrased it better, but he just didn't know how. Ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 35 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:09 pm

"Yeah, I can imagine," James said. "You're not sure how okay with the whole 'I've been chilling with aliens' thing your family will be, right?"
He smiled a little, "At least they'll be proud of you for helping to defeat the Family, I mean, those jerks were planning to enslave the entire known universe."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:20 pm

Luka shrugged, dipping her head. "yes... something like that."

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:04 pm

"It'll work out I'm sure, they're your family and they love you," James said, trying to be reassuring. He didn't really know what else to say.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:34 am

Luka nodded slowly. "It's just... not an easy conversation to have." Maybe Ethan was right, maybe she should just lie.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:22 am

"Yeah." James shook his head. "The Imperium can't be the easiest place to go home to after being out here. If you need my help with anything, I'm here. Although I can't actually imagine any way I could help you with this except by being supportive." It wasn't like he could help her explain things to her family, they'd probably just be mad that she was chilling with weird Hexenfolke or something, he figured.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:39 am

Luka sighed. This wasn't all of her concern of course. Sure it was difficult to think of how to explain to your family that surprise! you weren't dead after all and had spent all this time with aliens, but there was also the explanation of why it had taken her so long to come home, and Rigel, and the fact she really... really wasn't sure she actually wanted to stay in the Empire after all this. It was going to be strange going back to such a insular culture after seeing all she'd seen and learning all she'd learned.

Swarm questioned her telepathically. Do they know what happened to you? What DID happen to you? You have never explained how you ended up lost so far from home. What went wrong?

Luka flinched at the barrage of questions and shook her head. "There was an accident, we crashed." She glanced at James. "they want to know how I ended up lost in the first place." It seemed polite at least to explain that, as James couldn't hear Swarm.

So far from Imperium space? Swarm pushed.

Luka looked flustered "yes! It's.. a long story and... I don't think I can really explain it. Something went wrong, we weren't supposed to end up where we did and" She took a deep breath, truth was, she'd never been entirely sure what the experiment was either. It was need to know only, typical of the military, she was just the pilot, her job was to do as she was told and fly the damn ship. It wasn't a memory she particularly enjoyed dredging up. "Oh... they'll want to debrief me..." She covered her mouth with her hand. "I don't know what to tell them."

---military--- ---secrets?--- Swarm spelled out.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:53 am

James frowned. He'd never asked Luka about how she'd crashed really, he just assumed she'd been fighting some enemy of the Imperium, and crash landed, and wouldn't want to talk about it. So Swarm's blunt questioning, and Luka's answer, was a kind of startling.
"That's... not good. Can you sneak past them and avoid that?" James had a feeling you couldn't really lie to your military superiors, not without getting in biiig trouble when they found out, and the truth couldn't possibly be something they'd want to hear. Hmm, they might not want to let her go if they found out what she'd been doing out here...
"What the heck were the Imperium trying to do when they sent you on that mission, anyway?" He didn't care about the mission being classified right now, and he didn't entirely get the fact that Luka didn't really know, either.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:17 am

Luka shook her head. "I don't know and.. i'm not supposed to talk about it." She flushed a little, she'd probably already said too much.

Swarm was of course, insatiably curious.

Luka glared at them. "it doesn't matter anyway, it failed. We crashed. Eckhard died... " Her voice trembled. "and I ended stuck out here." She chugged back the last of her beer.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:28 am

James winced. Poor Luka, what a load of crap she'd gone through, all because of some order from some superior in the military who, he cynically assumed, didn't give a crap about her life or Eckhard's. That was so unfair.
"I'm so sorry," he said weakly. "That really sucks."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:16 pm

Luka nodded, blinking back tears. It still hurt.

Matt, apparently sensing that somene needed more booze wheeled over and held out a bottle of beer to her. He hadn't been listening in till she'd started getting aggitated. "here."

Luka stared at him and took the bottle. "thank you." She spoke quietly.

Matt nodded and went back to his station.
He figured he wasn't really supposed to be involved in this conversation. "Hey Swarm, get over here!" He called.

Swarm, curious, went to see what he wanted.

Luka opened her beer and swigged it. "Can we talk about happier things?" She asked James, shooting Matt a grateful look as he managed to get Swarm to leave her alone.

Matt was now teaching the insects how to make a Bloody Mary.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:44 pm

James gave Matt a grateful look. Yeah, getting the overly curious Swarm away from Luka was a good idea. "Yeah. Happier things." That was actually a tricky request for James right now "Like... movies? Or fun stuff that's happened lately?" He scrambled to try to figure out a topic of conversation that wasn't going to loop back to one or both of them feeling depressed.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:24 pm

"Are you looking forward to seeing the children?" Luka asked. "Danika is.. almost your niece isn't she?" almost, it was very odd for sure.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:45 pm

James managed a smile at that. "Yeah, I guess she is, in a kinda roundabout way. It'll be good to see her and the others again. From what Starr says, they've grown a lot." Such a weird family tree. "Do you have any nieces or nephews?" He wasn't sure it was safe to ask right now, whoops.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:55 pm

Luka shook her head, then hesitated. "well.. not that I know of... unless one of my brothers has been busy." She snorted, that actually amused her. She hadn't been gone THAT long surely?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:01 pm

James laughed. "We could compare notes on being aunts and uncles. Then again, maybe it's fine if we don't get to do that. I mean, your brothers don't need to hurry up just so we can brag at each other. That'd be dumb."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Luka smiled softly and swigged her beer. "Ulrich's the only one I remember having a girlfriend even. " She shrugged. "things change, you never know." Hmm, maybe that would be nice.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:33 pm

"It gets weird when your siblings start dating," James said sagely. "Not judging anyone who does of course, but it's just weird to suddenly realize someone you grew up with has a significant other. Especially if they have a kid. It is kinda cute though, so it's not a bad thing or anything, just a surprise."
He still wanted to ask about Rigel, but he didn't want to make Luka uncomfortable with questions about her dating life. She was almost like a sister to James, okay?
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:49 pm

Luka shrugged. "My brothers are all older than me so I dunno, it's not that weird." She tilted her head. "Maybe it's stranger for you because you aren't... you know.. organic... so that sort of thing isn't really as natural for you?" Was that racist? she hadn't a clue.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:02 pm

James shook his head, of course it was weird to everyone! Then took a couple moments to actually think about Luka's words.
"I don't mean it's life-changingly bizarre or anything," he said. "Just slightly surreal to have your sibling go off and date someone, you know? Or is that just me?" It could be a robot thing, he supposed. Or an aromantic thing, or a James thing. It was really hard to tell sometimes.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Luka smiled softly. "I think it's nice... Finding someone to love."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:46 pm

James nodded. "Yeah, it's nice when people are happy together." He thought it sounded stifling and tiring, but it seemed to work for a lot of people, so that was nice for them. "How about you, are you dating anyone currently?" James was truly the master of subtlety. At least he glanced around to make sure nobody was listening in first.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:52 am

Luka looked suddenly awkward, almost choking on her beer. She composed herself, coughing a bit, but yeah, she wasn't good at hiding things was she? "W.. what?" She stalled.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:42 am

James tried to keep his sudden amusement off his face. Luka's reaction definitely wasn't suspicious at all. "I mean, you and Rigel have disappeared more than usual lately. At the same time, I mean, not at different times." That was an important distinction to make. "Or you could be dating someone else, or nobody. Regardless, I'm curious." He shrugged.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Luka flushed, looking awkward. "not THAT much.." She protested weakly. She was no good at lying though, never had been. "we.. were watching movies." She managed, which didn't mean anything! "and I.. I know that captains shouldn't fraternise with the crew but this isn't the military and things aren't so strict here." She was rambling, she was nervous and she rambled when she was nervous. "He's lonely and he's my friend... and..." She trailed off, staring at her own shoes.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:24 pm

James covered his mouth, trying to hide his smile. Luka really wasn't much good at lies, and it was pretty funny, but he knew it wasn't nice to be amused by this. "It's okay, I'm not going to judge you, whatever you and Rigel are doing," he said. "Remember, I was the one who had sex with the old captain. Can't exactly judge you after that." Normally not something he brought up these days, but if it made Luka feel less awkward, that was a good thing.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:50 am

Luka continued to stare at her shoes. "We aren't DOING anything..." She mumbled, which technically was true, they really hadn't done much beyond confess feelings for one another and cuddle. Certainly no sex.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 am

"'cept for you guys watching movies together," James said. "Although to be fair, you've watched movies with me too." He thought a moment and then added, "Hey, I'll stop bothering you about this since you don't want to talk about it. Sorry for prying." He and Luka didn't seem to cross paths much any more, the last thing he wanted to do was drive her the rest of the way away.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next