Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

3 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 31 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Asher considered his words for a few seconds, glancing around the room as he thought, then looked to Kay again. "I've been thinking over everything that's happened today, and I feel like it would be wrong for me to leave Terra before the androids have been granted their freedom," he said. "I think it might be in the best interests of the children and the androids if I stay on Terra while Vestia goes on to the Imperium." He wished he could have phrased it better, but he just didn't know how. Ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 31 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:41 am

Matt nodded, looking serious for a moment. "You gotta hang onto that you know? or else you just... sink." He shook his head and poured himself a drink of straight vodka, or it might have been rum, it was clear and alchoholic and he didn't much care either way. "We'll go find your lady too. She's out there somewhere."

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:04 am

Tala nodded in agreement. "And I suppose if we do not find Nadira or your Thalia, they will find us, and most likely have many words to say."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:22 am

Matt gave Tala a coy smile. "I hope your mate isn't as stubborn as mine."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:34 am

"She is deeply stubborn, but she is a fine cow who understands common sense," Tala said. "She will still have many words, I think. I have been gone much longer than we expected." She twitched her ears forward, "I have heard that humanoids often hide from their mates when their mates are angry. You will be hiding much, I suppose?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:33 pm

Matt snickered. "Man I can't hide from Thalia, she's got all her magic shit and hiding just makes her angrier. Which.. while really hot... if she gets too mad it stops being hot and is just you know.. bad. " He shrugged, he hadn't really pushed her that far... yet. He didn't plan to. He was kinda hoping she'd be distracted by the whole baby incoming thing.
"even when people aren't all magic and crazy powerful, hiding from them when they're mad just seems to make them madder you know? it's better to RUN! " He cackled.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:37 pm

"Your mate seems to have only one mood," Tala said, amused. "You are more sensible than the humanoids I heard of though, hiding is silly and a waste of time."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:27 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Mourn leaned into Skye's hand, purring softly.
Skye smiled softly, glad she could make Mourn happy, even just for the moment.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:28 am

"Nah, she's not as grumpy as everyone thinks." Matt shook his head. "She's just.. you now.. not very good at the whole.. group... social thing."He looked a little grim for a moment, but it passed. "We have fun. Just.. other people don't see that."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:25 am

Tala snorted in amusement. She'd talked to Thalia exactly once, and only about Thalia's pregnancy, so she had a limited frame of reference here.
To be fair, Thalia had seemed more freaked out than vicious that time, though.
"You often talk like she is as savage as a plains-cat, and I do not know her myself," she said. "It is fine. Among minotaurs as well, there are some who like their mates to claw their faces from time to time. Sometimes even in the literal sense. We do not judge them if they are happy." She shrugged.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:19 pm

Matt looked amused "you guys have claws?" Yeah, he kinda did make light of Thalia's bad side didn't he? hmmm, maybe he should stop that.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:28 pm

"They are more fingernails than claws. One can do much damage to someone else's nose with their fingernails, though," Tala said. She held up her hands for Matt to see. Her fingernails looked broad and blunt, probably very sturdy but not sharp. "Mostly I just liked my plains-cat analogy and wanted to keep using it," she added with a humorous wiggle of her ears.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:45 pm

Matt laughed. "Hey i'm sure there's a load of hot cat ladies out here somewhere too." He drank down his drink and poured another. He shrugged "Hey what you like you like, there's plenty of species out there with some pretty weird mating rituals." Like mantis ladies who tried to eat you.. ahem. "Apparently some Kevali bite, which seems like a terrible idea. They can chomp through bone man! The amount of restraint you'd have to use to not really hurt the other person... " Okay that was kinda hot but yeah, also really bad.. ahem. He shook his head. "that and the elemental thing, maybe it's a good thing they live in caves where there's less colateral damage." He snickered at that thought.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Tala shook her head, realizing that Matt probably didn't know what a plains-cat was, and it might make it hard for him to follow her analogy. "Plains-cats are wild animals, they do not speak or think. In the olden days tribes would send out large hunting parties to kill them, for the cats would try to prey on the young of our tribes."
She added helpfully, "My excellent analogy was that your mate sounds to be violent and without reason, like a plains-cat."
Yeah, Common was Tala's third language, and that made more complex ideas a little tricky to get across.
"You seem to be fond of violence and unreasonableness, which I do not judge," she finished.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Matt nodded "ahh, gotcha." He looked thoughtful. "you know.. aside from infected.. we don't really have any predator animals in the Empire... huh... guess any that did exist got wiped out. " He smiled. "Thalia has reason and to be fair, she's not actually THAT violent. okay she totally punched Kay once but he was being a massive dick... " He shook his head. "so.. no more violent than Esk?" and about as likely to threaten people randomly. Huh.. go figure.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:22 pm

Tala considered that. "In a way you have it worse than we do. The plains-cats are terrifying and have been known to kill even great warriors, but the lycanthropes you have are just as vicious, and they can turn good people into savage monsters. It is worse to kill something that was once your friend, then it is to kill something that was always a hunter."
"Well I am glad to hear your mate is better than I thought. If she is like Esk, then that is not so bad." Hey, Tala was kinda fond of Esk.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:54 pm

Matt looked grim. "yeah... " He shuddered, he'd never seen an infected outside of those people in the mirror universe and Kay, but they'd all been natural shape changers, not just regular people. He'd heard the horrifying descriptions of the twisted monsters those folk became and that was enough. He managed a wry smile. "you actually really like my brother don't you?" He tilted his head. "is he less of a dick to you guys because you're not family or what?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:52 pm

"He makes a good drinking companion, and shows proper respect for the chain of command when on missions," Tala said. "I know not his relationship with you or Kay, so I cannot shed light on why he acts the way he does. Mayhap the two of you are secretly nuisances." Her ears wiggled.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:18 am

Matt snickered "You might be right. I mean, Kay finds me annoying." He shrugged. Oh he kinda understood why Esk didn't like Kay, didn't mean he agreed with it of course.
"man.. i'd kinda love to see what he's like with you guys you know? See that side of him. " He shook his head. "ahh well I'll have to take your word for it. I mean, you like him, Dawn likes him, he can't be all bitchiness all the time."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:24 am

"No doubt he will never let you see that side of himself, he seems to uphold his values carefully," Tala said thoughtfully. "It is something you are destined to only hear of in tales."
"I do not find you or Kay especially annoying," she added, "You both seem like nice young men as well, although Kay's scent is distracting at first and you have no obedience in combat."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:40 am

Matt looked a bit sheepish. "yeah... i'm not a soldier." He admitted.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:16 am

"I noticed," Tala said, amused. She recalled suddenly that Esk had asked her to shoot Matt in the leg if he acted stupid, sadly she hadn't been able to do that before the battle had dragged them apart. Hmm.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:29 am

Matt lowered his gaze. "yeah.. I just... don't take orders well. " he shook his head. "want another drink?" He didn't like this topic, he knew his current condition was entirely his own fault after all, he didn't need reminding.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:49 am

" You are certainly not a soldier, " Tala agreed. There was no use scolding Matt or regretting not shooting him, that was all in the past now. "Another drink is an excellent idea."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Matt nodded and poured a drink with slightly less enthusiasm than before. This one got a stick of celery though, because garnish made drinks look pretty right?

"It's gonna be weird going home..." He mused. He intended to be able to walk by then, he was pretty determined that Thalia was NOT going to see him in a wheelchair damnit.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:45 pm

"You will be going with the Silver Devil into the Imperium, then?" Tala asked. "My thanks for the drink. It is most decorated." She took the drink, considered the piece of celery, and ended up eating it first. Hey, it'd poke her in the nose if she didn't.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:43 pm

"I dunno. I mean, I probably should. Kay can't and we kinda need people who are citizens right? I might not look much like a Satare, but I AM a citizen and they can't ignore that. " hey if they were willing to force him to fight for them, they had to accept him as a citizen. "Luka's probably the best person to act as the face of the whole thing... you know, being full blooded Satare and all... and an actual soldier." Matt shrugged. "But me and Esk know the colony. It's our home after all." He looked down at his wheelchair. "that is of course assuming I can walk by that point." He sighed.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:20 pm

"Does it matter if you can walk or not? Asher was on the Silver Devil in a wheelchair, and he was fine," Tala said. Trapped on the lower deck for a while until they'd realized they could teleport him up, but still. "I wonder if any of the star dragons have been to the Imperium before, or at least know the language," she added thoughtfully.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next