UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by Kooshie on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Asher considered his words for a few seconds, glancing around the room as he thought, then looked to Kay again. "I've been thinking over everything that's happened today, and I feel like it would be wrong for me to leave Terra before the androids have been granted their freedom," he said. "I think it might be in the best interests of the children and the androids if I stay on Terra while Vestia goes on to the Imperium." He wished he could have phrased it better, but he just didn't know how. Ugh.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Bianca, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:37 pm

Mourn cackled, buying more robots hadn't occurred to him. Huh. He hastily finished his tuna.
Then he picked up his laptop and headed for that shuttle bay.

"Maybe should buy more used robot, safe here." he mused aloud. He'd briefly caught up on the news when he woke up, idiot terrans were being idiots, figured.

---

Kay nodded goodbye to the dragon babies and headed after Asher and Starr.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:44 pm

Asher smiled softly at the young dragons and told them it had been fun to visit them, then he went with Kay and Starr to the meeting.
They'd reach the room pretty quickly.
Asher smiled when he saw the others there. "Thank you for coming to this meeting," he told them. Another meeting, yep. "We need to decide a meeting point near Imperium space, so the Silver Devil can rendezvous with Vestia somewhere after picking up the children."

~~
--I think at this point, we need to hope the robots will just be freed,-- Vestia told Mourn. She got the box out from where she'd put it, so it was easy to see in the shuttle bay.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Esk had found a comfortable place to sit and was swigging on a bottle of beer Matt had had on him.

Matt started laughing at the mention of another meeting.

"Told you." Esk remarked cooly.

"Man it's always a meeting." Matt complained. "Wait, places to meet?"

"you didn't really think we'd manage to sneak a ship this big through Imperium space did you?" Esk reminded his brother.

[You're drunk.] Kay accused Matt.

"Yep." Matt waved a hand dismissively. "it's fine."

Kay frowned. [If you have a hangover in the morning, don't come crying to me.]

Matt snickered "Sure mom, whatever you say."

Esk smirked.

Kay glared.

Esk looked from Kay's sour expression to Asher. "That's not the only reason is it?"

---

"Terrans stupid but have tests, did before, long time ago." He'd read up on the history okay? It interested him. "This time robots pass." He nodded, certain of this victory.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:05 pm

--You're probably right, but I still don't think that buying them is what they need right now-- Vestia said. --Also we don't have infinite funds, despite popular belief, we don't want to go broke buying androids--

~~
Asher was about to reassure Matt that he could come to him for painkillers, when Esk asked him what the other reason was. He looked suddenly guilty. "I'll be staying here with Nova," he indicated Nova, in case the others didn't recognize her, even though Esk at least definitely would, "While the rest of you continue to the Imperium to get the kids. We'll be joining you guys as soon as we can, possibly meeting you near Imperium space."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:08 pm

Mourn shrugged. "no my money." He grinned lopsidedly at the nearest camera. He might not have been entirely serious.

Upon reaching the cargo bay he set about trying to open that box.

---

Esk stared at Asher. "So you've decided to embrace your role as leader of the revolution?"

Matt frowned. "You're.. isn't that like dangerous? I mean, there's so many assholes out there, and if megabrain issue a recall and..."

Kay raised a hand to indicate Matt should stop talking, immediately.

Matt sighed. "is it safe is all... I'm sure you're a great bodyguard." He told Nova. "But... still.. "
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:25 pm

Vestia's lighting faded in and out a few times in a purple hue, probably her trying to portray laughter. --True, true.--

The box wasn't too difficult to open. It was taped shut, but the tape could be cut pretty easily and then the box would open.
Inside was a large piece of foam padding, and once that was removed, Mourn would see what appeared to be a Terran woman, who looked to be asleep. She was wearing a plain shirt and pants, as well as the ever-required badge, and the shirt had a MegaBrainTech logo on it.

~~
Asher sighed. "I think since I played a large role in starting this thing, I should at least try to stay around to finish it. My people are risking everything right now, trying to change their own futures, and they deserve all the help they can get, all the help I can give them. Yes, there are risks for me, but with Nova here, they're much smaller."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Mourn tore the box open with his claws and then paused, staring at the woman. Was this a fully blank android? Weird.

He set the computer down and set to work on this brain transplant.

---

Kay tried to hide the admiring look he was giving Asher, ahem.

Esk pretended not to notice, ew. He nodded. "How long do you think it'll take?"

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:45 pm

The same server that had just contacted Mourn sent him a pointer to a huge package of data for him to download. Upon inspection, it was pretty similar to the standard android firmware, albeit with the freedom code already installed and what looked to be about forty-five years of memories, which seemed to have been heavily encrypted so they couldn't be read. There seemed to be a few other tweaks in the code, mostly to optimize system speed.

The android body itself, when connected to a computer, would notify Mourn [OS missing! Please download missing firmware from the MegaBrainTech website, or take your android to a licensed technician!]

With all Mourn's experience, it shouldn't be too hard to load the firmware into the android body.

~~
"I don't know how long it'll take. With all the androids protesting, that might speed things up, or it might still take months. It's hard to give an estimate," Asher said. He didn't notice Kay's expression, he was pretty distracted by the topic of conversation. "The Terran Empire is relatively competent and open-minded, but it's still a massive empire, and they're hard to predict."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Mourn sat back and let everything install. It might take a while. He regretted not bringing along a snack or something to pass the time.

"She be happy have body you think?" He asked Vestia.
He thought she should be, having a body was great.

---

Esk nodded slowly. "so we need somewhere with regular resupplies and decent communications." He looked thoughtful.

"There's a few outside the border..." Matt was wracking his memory. "uh.. no.. banned from that one.. the owner hates me... oh.. no.. can't go there either... "

Kay rolled his eyes. [Is there anyone you haven't pissed off left in that region?]

"Hey I didn't KNOW she was his daughter okay!" Matt protested.

Esk shook his head. "idiot." He set his bottle down. "What about Unity?"

"what?" Matt asked.

"Unity station, it's right on the border, uncontested space, neutral territory." Esk explained.

Matt hesitated, why did that name sound familiar? "I... dunno... I don't think I pissed them off. "

[What sort of station is it?] Kay asked.

Esk shrugged "Science, research. It's run by a committee from various planets and empires, some sort of.. I dunno, galactic unity and cooperation crap. They get travelers through ever so often because they're the only resupply for days once you leave the Imperium proper. Most transport ships don't need to resupply so soon leaving. From memory they have everything people living on a space station might need, shops, a few small family run restaurants, a bar... and a really damn well equipped hospital."

Matt stared at Esk. "how the hell did you end up on a science station?"

"I needed fuel."

[Do you have any contacts there?] Kay asked.

Esk shook his head. "nah, it was a fleeting visit. Still, this lot should fit right in. All the people I talked to were wierdly welcoming. Thinking about it, they probably wanted to cut me open to see what made me tick."

Kay frowned. It was so hard to tell if Esk was joking or not.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:39 pm

The installation did indeed take a while. It was a lot of data to download and push across. Thankfully it wasn't as agonizingly long a process as defragging Daniel's system had been, it'd take a little over an hour instead of two whole days.

--I have no idea. I've never had a body with limbs and only two eyes, so the idea of moving into that body seems pretty weird to me-- Vestia said. --It might be very weird for her too--

~~
Asher looked uncertain when Esk mentioned them possibly wanting to cut him open. He had no clue how seriously to take that. "It does sound like a good option," he said after a long moment. "Starr, what do you think? Have you heard anything about this place?" She had traveled a lot, maybe she'd heard a rumor at least.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Mourn shrugged "Maybe. Least be able move now. " He made a face, he couldn't imagine not being able to move. it would drive him nuts. He yawned "this take long time."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:47 pm

--Being able to move is definitely a plus-- Vestia agreed. --I'm impatient about this too--

They did have to wait a while. Eventually the system finished the installation. [Installation complete! Reboot to OS now?]
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Mourn confirmed the instruction, tapping his fingers boredly as he waited for the OS to start up and the robot to come to life or whatever it was supposed to do.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:58 pm

Booting up took a little longer than usual since the system had to finish setting up, but before long it was complete. The android opened her eyes, then sat up carefully, looking around the shuttle bay, then warily at Mourn. Even if she'd pretty much put this plan together and she'd seen Mourn before and knew who he was, she still had her concerns. "Hello again, Mourn."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:09 am

Mourn grinned "Hello computer."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:49 am

Celia got up carefully and stepped out of the shipping box, then unpinned the badge from her shirt and turned it over in her fingers, frowning. "So this is Vestia, I'd guess," she said. She'd seen Vestia before Vestia had switched to a pseudonym, after all. "Doesn't seem like you modified anything more in my code," she added speculatively, "That's nice."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:50 am

Mourn tilted his head. "you no ask. " He shrugged and wound up the cable from his computer, tucking that back into his hair before he got up, laptop under one arm.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:07 am

"There's always that worry though, when you're having someone put your mind in a new body," Celia said. She looked up at the ceiling. "This is so strange. I thought having all those memories from the androids would prepare me for this, but the processing speed is just terrible."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:18 am

Mourn laughed. "Maybe ask for upgrade. Robot upgrade me, much better now." He nodded and tapped the metal plate in his head.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:33 am

Celia smiled wryly. "I don't think any amount of upgrading this body will do much. Moving from a data center to a single body is... kind of a huge downgrade in computing power. But I'll consider the possibility."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:39 am

"What now? you want talk to robot? find room? want tour? Everyone have tour when first get here, big ship, easy get lost." Mourn grinned up at Celia.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Celia paused, considering her options. "It'd be good to go on a tour of the place, to decide if I want to stay or if I want to take my chances out there on Terra," she decided. "I should also decrypt the evidence against my creators, and give Amalthia Daco the information she asked for before long, seeing as you've upheld your end of the deal."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:23 pm

Mourn nodded. "we do tour, maybe find dragon lady yes?" He nodded and headed for the door. "come come, we see ship. Good ship, better than terra."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:46 pm

Celia followed quickly, she was pretty curious to see this mysterious ship. "So how did you break into headquarters, anyway?" she asked as they walked, if Mourn looked her way. "I didn't see you at all. Only way I found out it was you was when you guys called."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:35 pm

Mourn cackled "Magic" He answered vaguely. A thief never gave away their full hand.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:49 pm

"Magic, hmm. Teleportation, I suppose? My research said that magic users usually need to visit a place before they can accurately teleport in though." Celia frowned. Hey, when someone sneaked past your thousands of watchful camera eyes, you got curious.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Mourn cackled and wriggled his fingers "we good lots of stuff." He stopped walking "this engineering." He pointed down a corridor. "that way storage." he pointed down another corridor. "this way teleporter"
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum