Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

3 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 6 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Asher considered his words for a few seconds, glancing around the room as he thought, then looked to Kay again. "I've been thinking over everything that's happened today, and I feel like it would be wrong for me to leave Terra before the androids have been granted their freedom," he said. "I think it might be in the best interests of the children and the androids if I stay on Terra while Vestia goes on to the Imperium." He wished he could have phrased it better, but he just didn't know how. Ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 6 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:36 am

Mourn grinned expectantly at everyone.

Amity had joined Sawna in the cafe, serving coffee and cake. He smiled broadly. "Greetings guest." He tilted his head, she wasn't in his database.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:57 am

"Hello" Sawna said as the two came in. She smiled and came over to them "I am Sawna, welcome." She said to Celia, uncertain of who she was.

Shane stayed happily enough, eating and drinking with Ellie. He looked to Mourn and Celia and waved. "Hi"

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:58 am

Starr smiled at the group again and dipped her head "Take care."

Nova came over to Asher and smiled softly. "Looks like we will have another adventure together."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:07 pm

Celia hesitated, these guys seemed friendly, but from what memories she had left, she knew Asher didn't trust her and he might have passed that distrust on to these guys. "I'm Celia," she said after a moment. "It's nice to meet all of you." Wow, there were a lot of people in here.

"Greetings, Celia," Tala declared. "You are the computer of the enemy! You have shrunk very rapidly, I say!"

Celia blinked. "Thanks?" She stayed near Mourn, and looked to Sawna. Minotaurs were a lot more intimidating when you were small.

~~
"See you later," Asher said, "Thank you again, Starr." He smiled at Nova, "I guess you haven't seen the last of me yet, I hope you're not too disappointed," he joked. "I'll be glad to have you there with me. Your assistance was invaluable on Mars."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Sawna chuckled softly and nodded "Ah, so you are here to meet and greet, not eat. Still you are welcome to come in, we are having a gathering." She said cheerfully.

Shane tilted his head at the android then shrugged. "I'm Shane, that's Tala and this is Ellie." He said, starting introductions.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:20 pm

"And the cute holo-boy is Amity," Ellie added, snickering.

Celia relaxed slightly, it looked like these people weren't going to take a instant disliking to her. "Yes, I'm just here to meet the people on this ship. Mourn thought I should take a tour." She smiled at Shane's introduction, "Good to meet all of you. I saw some of you at the protest, well, on the news feeds. It was very nice. Heartwarming." She nodded.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Kay ducked his head, what was this knotting feeling in his gut? Was it.. jealousy? Possessiveness? He took a deep breath and wrote [You'll need to pack.]

---

"We have been through this Guest Thomas, I am not a boy. I am a Host Drone." Amity told Ellie politely.

Mourn grinned. "Computer lady not computer any more, giving tour now have legs. " He looked to Celia. "legs good yes?"

"You are welcome... Celia." Amity smiled to Celia. "Would you care for a warm beverage or sweet baked good?" He was oblivious to her being an android.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Asher saw something worrying in Kay's expression, although he wasn't sure what to make of it exactly. He resolved to try to figure out what that meant, and try to reassure Kay as much as he could. If he could.
He nodded. "Yes, there's definitely packing to do. See you later Nova, Matt."

~~
"Hologram boy," Ellie snickered. Yeah, she thought it was funny to confuse the poor drone.

"So far, so good. It's different being this small though," Celia told Mourn. "Definitely better than staying in my old body when my creators find out what I've done, I'll give you that." She looked to Amity, "No thank you, I'm afraid I don't have a digestive system, so food and drink would just gum up my hardware." She smiled slightly.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Shane chuckled at that "Guest Thomas?" He asked curiously

~~~
Nova dipped her head and smiled "Until later." She agreed, following them out to go back to what she had been doing.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:30 pm

"Your companions name is Ellie Thomas is it not?" Amity asked Shane, looking a little flustered and bewildered. "Oh, forgive me. I was not aware you were one of our synthetic guests." He added to Celia.

"How long before find out you think?" Mourn asked.

---

Matt waved and headed out, he had a lot more drinking to do. yes. He'd return to the cafe to see what everyone was up to.

Kay nodded to Nova as she left, though he didn't look overly friendly. Maybe it was just all the stress, yes, that was it. [I'll help.] He told Asher, no, he wasn't letting the guy out of his sight okay? He was freaking out about leaving him behind on terra when there was this potential for a massive civil war breaking out.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:46 pm

Ellie nodded. "Ellie Thomas is my name, yeah. Not many people know that." She grinned at Amity and Shane.

"That's all right, the point of being an android is to blend in, so I guess it's working. Don't worry about it," Celia told Amity. She looked to Mourn, "They were starting to act suspicious, asking me questions and ducking out of camera range. I think they'll find evidence of my meddling soon, but for now it's still well hidden. Hopefully there will be enough time for the androids to be shipped to safety."

~~
Asher smiled softly. "I was hoping you would." He still thought something seemed off about the way Kay was acting, even considering the situation. Oh dear.
He led the way to his own room first, that was where he had his backpack and a lot of useful robot supplies.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:53 pm

"They have to do turing tests again." Mourn nodded. "this time robots pass." He sounded so certain of that.

"Everyone either employed or as a guest upon this ship has their details in the database, it is standard procedure is it not?" Amity asked. He assumed it was, it always had been. Vestia kept record of her crew just like his old ship had kept record of hers. How else would they get paid?

---

Kay followed along, quiet and a little sullen. He was trying not to think about Asher being gone, or worse, Asher alone with Nova. Eugh. She seemed like a nice enough woman, so why did he feel such resentment? Was it because she was getting to stay with Asher on Terra? because she could protect him where Kay couldn't? He had no idea, he wasn't a psychiatrist. He just knew he was uneasy about it all.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:07 pm

Asher couldn't help glancing to Kay a few times as think walked, and he decided maybe he'd better try talking to the guy before focusing on packing. He led the way into his room, and closed the door behind them, then looked to Kay again. "Kay, I'm sorry to have thrown this change of plan at you so suddenly. It's a lot to think about, and I know you're worried. Do you want to talk about it?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:31 pm

Shane nodded then shrugged "I guess it's just weird hearing her called 'guest Tomas' instead of just Ellie or crew Tomas." He said uncertainly
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02 am

Celia nodded. "As long as a test is run, the androids are going to pass with flying colors." She looked proud.

Ellie smiled. "It makes me feel important, like some sort of sophisticated lady, when he calls me Guest Thomas," she joked. "What's your last name, Shane? I should probably know this by now, since we're, like, dating." She'd probably asked him at some point, but since it barely ever came up, she'd forgotten. Whoops. "Then we can call each other Guests, and it'll be awesome."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:10 am

Kay frowned, then shook his head. [I can't stop you Asher. We've always known that at some point you'd have to go do... this.] He looked pained.

----

Mourn looked confused. "Why they no run test?" He asked.

Matt turned up.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:56 am

"Jenkins" Shane said with a shrug. He didn't like it much, but there wasn't much he could do about it. "I would rather just be called Shane though."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:44 am

Asher nodded. That was true enough, Kay had known about his plans before they'd even gotten together. This wasn't really anything unexpected.
"That doesn't mean you can't tell me if something's on your mind though," Asher said softly. He didn't want to pressure Kay into telling him anything, but he did want to give him the opportunity. Especially since Asher had the lingering feeling that he was missing something here.

~~
Celia shrugged, "Maybe the corporations will convince the government there's nothing to see here. It's the job of all their PR firms to mislead people, and they're pretty good at it," she said.

"Guest Jenkins!" Ellie said, giggling. Maybe he liked her first name better, but she wanted to say his surname at LEAST once.
She saw Matt coming in, and waved. "Hey Matt! Welcome back!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:51 am

"hey guys, what's going on?" Matt asked, looking to Celia curiously. Who the heck was she?

Mourn made a face. "Hard convince people all protest just glitch in code. People ask questions. Test be done. " He nodded, yes, it would happen, everything would be fine. he genuinely believed that.

---

Kay shook his head, looking a little desperate [Can we just spend a little time together not talking about this?] He didn't want to talk about it, he didn't want to face it, he wanted to distract himself and then sulk in private when he had a chance damnit.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:03 am

Asher winced, but nodded. That was fair enough, he supposed. "Of course. Let's... pack some stuff, and then we can do something else." He went to get that backpack he'd gotten from Vestia out of a dresser drawer.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:21 am

Shane dipped his head then looked over to Matt "Hey Matt, meet Celia."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:31 am

"Let's hope they care as much as you think," Celia said. She didn't have quite so much faith in humanity, after all, she had spent her entire life around people who had knowingly created and enslaved sentient life. "Hello, Matt. Nice to meet you."

"Hey Matt, what's your last name?" Ellie asked, not caring much about the more serious part of this conversation.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:38 pm

"uh..Hi Celia?" Matt waved and wheeled over to Ellie. "Surname? Uh.. Ackermann, why?"

Mourn nodded and went to get something to drink.

---

Kay waited patiently for Asher to find that bag. [I'd like that.] An evening together, before potentially several months of being apart. It wasn't that much to ask was it?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:00 pm

"Hello Guest Ackermann!" Ellie said, giggling some more. "Amity called me 'Guest Thomas', and now it's the topic of the hour." Hey, the drone wasn't sentient, she could joke about his mannerisms, right?

Celia smiled at Matt, and went to sit down somewhere, not too close to anyone else.

~~
Asher found the backpack and took it out, looking at it thoughtfully. It wasn't very big, but then, he didn't need to bring much stuff along. And packing it was an easier problem to solve than thinking about his relationship problems, yep.
"Want to try to fit things in it while I gather the stuff I need?" he asked. "We can pack faster that way."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Matt snickered. "o... kay then?" Oh Ellie, always weird.

Amity had returned to scrubbing counters, smiling calmly as he did so.

"so... you're the computer aren't you?" Matt asked Celia. "or.. were? I dunno"

---

Kay nodded and would do just that, trying to arrange the bag in such a way as to maximise space. Asher didn't need a lot but still, it might be a bit tricky to fit everything neatly.

He tried not to think about the fact he was packing Asher's bag, that this meant Asher was leaving. But it wasn't an easy thought to dismiss and he continued to look gloomy and sullen as he folded things.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Asher got some clothes out of the dresser, some basic repair tools off a shelf, and various other useful items from around the room. He even added his badge into the pile, just to make sure it didn't get left behind. It really didn't take all that long to pack, he didn't have that many possessions to begin with, much less ones that needed to be brought along.
"Thank you," he told Kay when they'd finished packing. "I suppose I'll probably think of a couple more things to add later, but for now, I think we're good." Thankfully. Kay did not look happy right now.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:57 pm

Kay studied the badge thoughtfully, turning it over in his hand a few times before adding it to the bag, stowing it carefully in a little internal pocket so it wouldn't get lost at the bottom. He nodded to Asher, looking over at him. [what now then?] He asked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next