Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty

Post by Starrnico on Sun May 20, 2018 12:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Skye nodded and smiled a little "It's a little scary though, when you only see your own kind then see a city with the others."
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty

Post by Starrnico on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am

"We have many festivals." Starr answered with a smile. "I hope to bring them back."

Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:36 am

Tala nodded. "Good. Your people need something to celebrate." She selected another cookie.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Bianca, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:17 am

"You HAD to bring that up now didn't you?" Hewitt complained. "now it's ALL I can think about." He looked disgusted. "if I start wilting, it's on you."

--

Matt cackled "I have my ways!"

Kay rolled his eyes and walked with Asher.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:42 am

Ethan snickered. "I'm so glad I don't have a respiratory system, it sounds awful. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine."

~~
Asher and Kay would reach the party.

James waved enthusiastically. "You made it, guys! I thought you might avoid the party entirely."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Kooshie wrote:Tala nodded. "Good. Your people need something to celebrate." She selected another cookie.
"I may add a new one when we are all free." Starr said with a smile.
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:47 pm

[I wanted to.] Kay wrote, smirking slightly at James.

---

Hewitt scoffed. "Still, it's ON you."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Tala ate her second cookie happily. "What sort of celebration?"

~~
Asher smiled softly. "When do we ever turn down the chance to see our friends? We love social occasions."

"I'm surprised," James said. "Happily surprised, that is. Never knew you guys were such social butterflies." He slapped Asher's shoulder cheerfully. "Enjoy the party. I'm gonna text Rigel and Luka, they both seem to be mysteriously missing again."

~~
"I'll drag you back to your room and water you, you'll perk up just fine," Ethan said. He caught sight of Asher and Kay coming in, and subtly tensed, although he did his best to hide it. Being in the same room as Kay was always uncomfortable.
"Besides, all the carbon dioxide the organics breathe out is good for you, right?" He asked Hewitt, forcing his attention back to the guy.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Starr shrugged and smiled "I'm not sure yet, some kind of celebration for being free and together again."
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:28 pm

"I have no doubt they will enjoy that. There are many of your kind who have been imprisoned for so long," Tala said. "Have a cookie, they are most excellent!" She indicated the bot with the platter of cookies she had just been sampling.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Starr smiled and nodded, getting a cookie to try. One wouldn't be bad for her, though she wouldn't want to get more, even for the low sugar ones.
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:44 am

Tala had forgotten about sugar not being healthy for star dragons. She probably wouldn't have suggested it if she remembered. Oh well, at least Starr knew her limits. "Will any of your people be attending today?" she asked Starr.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:44 am

Hewitt shrugged "That's one way of looking at it I suppose." He noticed Ethan's weirdness and having little in the way of social grace just had to know. "Why ARE you so uncomfortable around those two?" Was it a clone thing? Maybe it was a clone thing.

---

Matt knocked on Esk's door.

Esk opened one eye, muttered something and called out "What?!"

"Oh Esssssk." Matt called sweetly.

Esk groaned. "Not you. Go away. "

Matt laughed "What? busy?" He really didn't want to know WHAT the hell esk was doing in there.

"Sure whatever, go away."

"Everyone's having a kinda get together, i'm sure Vestia told you." Matt insisted.

"yeah and I have better things to do." Esk replied, sitting up in bed and stretching.

"Better things to do? Name ONE" Matt challenged.

"Washing my hair." Esk replied with a smirk to himself.

Matt burst into laughter.
"Come on man, at least open the door. You are decent aren't you?"

"no, i'm stark naked." Esk told him flatly. He wasn't. "you don't wanna see that."

"Man i've seen you naked before." Matt laughed.

Esk made a face. Yeah, growing up in close confines did rather limit your privacy.
"Not in over a decade."

"Well put a towel on and open the damn door." Matt insisted.

"If I don't, what will you do? Just sit there all night? Go enjoy your party Matt, leave me alone."

"there's snacks." Matt tried. "Probably like, cake and shit. And Dawn might be there too"

"Fuck off."

Matt sighed. "Fine, keep being antisocial, but i'm not bringing you any cake if there's any leftover."

Esk rolled his eyes.

"Welcome home by the way." Matt told him through the door. "if you change your mind, we're in the ballroom okay?"

"Goodbye Matt."

"I'm just saying, you know, if you decide you want to be sociable or grab a beer or something..."

"Good BYE Matt." Esk repeated.

"Yeah yeah, i'm going." Matt wheeled off back to the party then.

Esk decided to get up and grab a shower. Stupid brothers waking him up, bah.

---

Kay looked around and helped himself to something to eat from a tray.
[Rigel and Luka?] He questioned Asher as James left to go.. do whatever.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:43 am

Ethan flinched at the question, and tried to figure out what to say. He usually assumed everyone on Vestia knew about his history with mirrorverse Kaylr, but of course, Hewitt hadn't been to the mirrorverse. And Vestia's crew were strangely unwilling to gossip about what other people had been through.
"Kay in the other universe had a bit of a reputation for being a terrifying psychopath," he said, avoiding mentioning that he had been the property of said terrifying psychopath. "Makes you want to be a bit cautious."

~~
Asher frowned. "They weren't at the meeting with Hytar either, I guess that's what James is referring to, maybe. They do love flying, they're probably reluctant to go back to being cruise passengers." There hadn't been that many signs that Rigel and Luka were in a relationship for Asher to pick up on during the trip, and he was pretty darn bad at picking up cues from body language and conversation anyway. So if he'd seen anything suspicious, it had flown straight over his head.

~~
James got out his tablet and texted Luka. [Welcome home party going on in ballroom. Wanna join in? Also, you seen Rigel lately? He's missing too...]
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:40 pm

"ahh.." Hewitt nodded. "You think perhaps, there's a little of those alternate selves in their doubles here?" He found this concept of a mirror universe very interesting after all. He looked thoughtful. "It all, I suppose, depends on what you believe regarding nature, and nurture. What can change a man's nature? A great many things it seems, but can environmental factors completely turn a person into something else entirely? " He glanced over at Kay thoughtfully. "To make a man a ... monster, for want of a better term, that's no easy task. You would only be able to amplify and enhance something that was already there." He shook his head "though, remember, all such primates are, beneath their attempts at civility, just animals. Subject to the whims of their own instincts, their own... primitive, violent nature."

Kay glanced over at Hewitt who quickly looked away. Kay frowned. What on earth?
Eugh, no, he didn't want to know.
He looked back to Asher. He nodded. [It must be hard for her, giving up the pilot seat.]

---

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:25 pm

Ethan smiled grimly. "All the evidence suggests that this Kay is a good man who wouldn't slip easily into the path of evil. Whatever the hell happened to make his duplicate the way he was, Kay didn't experience that here. Sadly, my fear isn't based on facts and evidence, so I can't really fight it with common sense." Nope, Ethan pretty much trusted Kay on an intellectual level, it was years of instinct that made him go on alert whenever the guy was nearby.
He tried not to look at Kay, although he totally was keeping the guy in the corner of his vision just in case he tried to sneak up.

Asher kind of missed the fact that Hewitt and Ethan were clearly discussing Kay, or maybe he just didn't want to think about it. Ethan wasn't someone he was overly fond of, even now. "She really is one heck of a pilot, and it's clear she loves her job." He smiled.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:59 pm

Hewitt shook his head, looking bemused. "All the neurosis programmed in..." He mused to himself.

Kay nodded. [Fleet pilots are, well the polite way to put it is to say they're passionate about flying.] He smiled softly. [Usually at high speeds. Adrenaline junkies, the lot of them.]
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Ethan frowned. Yeah, he couldn't really explain why he was so neurotic without explaining some stuff about his past to Hewitt, and he didn't really want to get into that. "Yeah, it's stupid, but it's not something Mourn can really fix without making me into a different person. So there we are." He looked awkward.

Asher looked amused. "She cares for spacecraft, and doesn't destroy them with reckless flying, so I'm all for her enthusiasm. It'd be nice if she showed up to the party though, she's been important to so many missions for Vestia."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Kooshie wrote:Tala had forgotten about sugar not being healthy for star dragons. She probably wouldn't have suggested it if she remembered. Oh well, at least Starr knew her limits. "Will any of your people be attending today?" she asked Starr.
"Yes, they will, those who are not watching the kids." Starr said as some of the other dragons came in.
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:22 pm

"Excellent," Tala said, watching the newcomers arrive. "They deserve celebration. Did they fight to decide who should come to the party or stay with the young?" Her ears wiggled in amusement at the thought.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:51 am

Starr chuckled and shook her head. "No, Some are just more shy than the others, so they stayed with the kids."
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:39 am

"Ah. That also makes sense." Tala nodded. "Is Nova coming too, as she was on the mission?" If Nova was already there, there were enough scents in the room that Tala couldn't identify hers.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:50 am

Starr looked around and pointed "I believe she's over there with some of the others."
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:44 am

Luka texted James back. [Sorry, I was having a rest. Rigel's here, working on the ship. We'll head over okay?] Was that obtuse enough? She hoped so.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:32 am

"Good, she deserves to be here. I should go greet her," Tala said. She snagged another cookie.

~~
[See u soon!] James texted back. He had this feeling that Luka's excuse wasn't true, that Rigel and Luka really were dating now, and the thought made him feel oddly sad.
He forced it down as well as he could. He shouldn't be jumping to conclusions, and he certainly shouldn't be sad if his friend had found happiness, even if it meant she might have less time for him as a result. That would just be awful of him.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Starr smiled and nodded. "Alright, go mingle as I shall."
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Tala headed off to greet Nova. "Hello companion, I am glad you also could make it to this celebration of our excellence."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Silence stared at James. "your face looks funny." She told him bluntly, ramming some more canapes into her mouth awkwardly. An advantage of her necklace talking for her, she could talk AND eat simultaneously.

----

Matt returned to the ballroom.

---

Hewitt nodded. "What is a man without his memories?" He mused.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum