Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty

3 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty - Page 12 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty

Post by Starrnico Sun May 20, 2018 12:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Skye nodded and smiled a little "It's a little scary though, when you only see your own kind then see a city with the others."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty - Page 12 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Kooshie wrote:"Good. Although you could totally beat him in a fight, I bet he's totally scared of you now." Ellie looked smug.
Shane shook his head a little "He wouldn't care about that, just looks. Maybe they haven't seen past my change in appearance"

Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:59 pm

"I'd be scared of you if I was a cowardly crime boss, so he totally is," Ellie said. She grinned at Shane, "You don't look that different, you're still totally cute."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Shane chuckled and got back to work. "I stayed 'cute' for you."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:04 pm

"Just for me? Aww, that's so sweet!" Ellie stopped what she was doing to go over and kiss Shane on the cheek. "I mean I hope you wanted to stay cute for your own sake too. Cause if you didn't like being cute in the first place, that might not be so good."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:26 pm

Shane chuckled adn shrugged "THe more average you look, the easier it is to hide in plain sight." He said though he hugged her close
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:53 pm

"Wait, so you wanna look less adorable?" Ellie frowned at that. "I mean I'd still like you if you looked boring, but the cuteness is a major plus."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:12 pm

Silence frowned. "Why?"

Ivor understood better though. He nodded. "you.. m.. must really like books."

---

Kay stopped walking. [Asher, if the Family couldn't break us apart then neither will this. I stand by you just I hope you would stand by me in a time of need. Isn't that how relationships are supposed to work? I'm not going to run away just because things get difficult.] His expression hardened. He wasn't going to allow it damnit. [You know how my people feel about autonomy. The loss of self that this update was supposed to force is.. unacceptable. A fate many would argue is worse than death. Remind yourself of that, it's better to die than to continue on as a shell of yourself isn't it? And in the end, the rest of the universe will be watching the terran empire and how they handle this. Can they really afford a civil war?] He shook his head. [People in power aren't stupid, once the curtain's drawn back and androids begin to rebel the general public will start to question all they've been told. I'm certain there's a substantial number out there who already had their suspicions about your sentience. Right now though? there's nothing any of us can do. We have to let this run its course, wait for the next move. ] He frowned, looking tired. [You can fret and worry but believe me, there's absolutely nothing you can do right now and worrying won't change anything. The box is open, you can't close it again. ] Of course he was one to talk wasn't he? He worried about everything all the time. But it did mean he kinda knew firsthand how futile and unhelpful it was.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:51 pm

"I don't know why Vestia lets everyone access the books, maybe she just likes giving us things, like how some people like pampering their pets. Or maybe she's just that idealistic that she likes giving her passengers opportunities to learn and stuff," Ethan said. "Most people I've met wouldn't share anything that valuable with anyone else. But they're there for anyone to look at." Which he really appreciated. "Yes, I do like them." He smiled oddly.

~~
Asher stopped when Kay did, looking at him worriedly. "You're right that this revolution needs to happen of course. You usually are right about these things," he said. Yeah, Kay might have issues, but when it came to pragmatism and doing the right thing, his moral compass tended to be pretty good.
"I'm not suggesting we break up, I'm not suggesting anything like that. But I know this is going to be a miserable experience for both of us in any number of different ways, and I don't want you to emotionally wear yourself out trying to support me." His fears weren't something he could quite articulate, they were more just a mixture of stress about what was coming, his old anxieties, and the memory of Kay's self destructive pain and grief in the mirrorverse. "I don't know if what I'm saying makes any sense. I just don't want to drag you down, I want you to try to take care of yourself."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:02 pm

"books are.. valuable?" Ivor asked. Mm maybe that was why the hospital had so few?

---

Kay patted Asher's shoulder. [I can take care of myself Asher, trust me.] Inwardly though, he felt uneasy. Asher was doing his whole damage limitation thing, trying to cut things off before it got too hard and honestly, that hurt. Kay chewed his lip. [We've had a lot of miserable times of late. We'll get through this the way we got through everything else.] He was worried though, not so much for himself, but for Asher. He remembered too well how easily Asher detatched back in the mirror verse and with the family, the way he could just close himself off and do unspeakable things, losing sight of his, well, for want of a better term, humanity. It scared Kay, rather more than he'd like to admit. So long as Asher was still expressing fear and worry, maybe, just maybe, he wasn't going to be lost completely.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Kooshie wrote:"Wait, so you wanna look less adorable?" Ellie frowned at that. "I mean I'd still like you if you looked boring, but the cuteness is a major plus."
Shane laughed and shrugged "If I wasn't looking cute for you I would be looking 'average'. I don't want to, it's simply what would have been."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:05 pm

"They can be expensive, yes. Depends on the book of course, some of them are pretty cheap. But they do add up quickly when you have a large collection," Ethan said. He'd put a fair bit of thought into that the times he'd dusted his masters' books, thinking of how much trouble he'd be in if he somehow damaged them all.

~~
Asher nodded. "I do know you're capable, that you know how to take care of yourself. I've hurt you before, and the thought of doing it again terrifies me, but ultimately we both chose to be a couple of our own free will, and face all the chaos of our lives together. And since you've made your choice, several times, I guess I should stop questioning your choice." He ducked his head a little sheepishly, it was hard sometimes to know when he was right to worry about Kay, and when he was being overprotective. And he knew that being overprotective could be frustrating, or even downright insulting for the person you were fussing over. A small smile crossed his face, "I'm glad you're here. I don't know what's going to happen to my people, or what this campaign is going to do to me as a person, but since you're willing to come along for the ride, then I'd rather share it with you than anyone else."

~~
"Wait, do you have any average faces handy?" Ellie asked. "I kinda wanna find out if I still like you when you're average now."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 pm

"I haven't made any yet." Shane replied with a chuckle. "I didn't feel a need to."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:09 am

Kay smiled sadly and pulled Asher into a hug. No, he had to stay, if he left Asher would have nobody to pull him back from the brink.

----

Ivor frowned. "oh." He said simply, not sure how to respond to that.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:32 am

Ellie giggled. "You should totally make some other faces, I'm curious now. But I mean, no pressure." She started setting things up for the party again.

~~
Asher hugged Kay back, feeling guilty that Kay was having to deal with his problems and emotional baggage so much lately, but also relieved that Kay was still here despite that. "I love you so much," he said quietly.

~~
"Anyway, the library's there if you want it, and if you have any books you want to request," Ethan said with a shrug. "Or don't. I don't own you."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:06 am

Kay looked up at him, smiling. He drew one hand away to quickly sign <I love you>

---

Ivor nodded "t.. thank you."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:08 am

Shane smiled then shrugged "I'll give it some thought." He would too, just to see her reaction. He was curious. He changed his appearance, going as 'average' as he could look. "How's this?" He asked to draw her attention again. He had brown hair, brown eyes and was wearing a tee with jeans and sneakers that would easily blend into the crowd in the city
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:35 am

Asher smiled at that. Aww, it felt good to know someone loved you despite all your flaws. "My siblings always did tell me I must be lucky," he told Kay, "there've been times when I doubted that, but right now I'm pretty sure they were right all along."

~~
Ethan smiled oddly. "You're welcome I guess." He still wasn't entirely clear on how the whole thanking people thing was supposed to work, or why you should thank someone. Confusing. Oh well. "I should get going," he added awkwardly. Still bad at excusing himself.

~~
Ellie stared at Shane, it was really weird to see some other guy standing where your boyfriend had just been. Wow. She walked over, looking up at him and trying to figure out if it was him, or if it was one of the other dragons playing a prank or something. How could you even tell? "Not as cute as how you usually look, but I still like it," she decided. "Not sure I'd wanna kiss you though, that'd just be awkward." Said the girl who had made out with Matt once just out of curiosity.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:55 am

Shane laughed and went back to the face and clothes he had been wearing before. "I'm just glad I can do that and avoid trouble for everyone."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:08 am

"I like you better that way," Ellie said as Shane changed back. "It's nice that you can keep yourself safe by changing appearances though, saves us all some trouble."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:42 am

"bye bye" Silence said, waving one massive clawed paw vuagely. She hadn't quite got the hang of waving.

Ivor nodded. "S... sure.. of.. of course. We won't.. delay you any longer. It... it was.. nice to meet you?" He didn't look overly sure about that but he was too polite and anxious to say anything else.

---

Kay nodded slowly. Asher WAS lucky, he was sure of it, which counter balanced his terrible curse.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:52 am

Shane nodded with a smile, reaching over to hug her "Thanks, I like this me better too."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:59 am

Ethan wasn't too sure about the waving thing either, so he didn't. "Nice to meet you," he said. Then he headed off. He really was such a pro at excusing himself.

~~
Asher smiled softly. Yeah, the dangers to come were terrifying, but at least he wasn't alone. He was glad for that. He watched Kay's reaction carefully as he pulled him into a kiss, making sure Kay was all right with that.

~~
"Even when you look boring, you still are a dragon though, and that's awesome," Ellie said sagely. "So wait, do the Silver Devil people even know there's going to be a party?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Kay tensed initially, they were after all still kinda in public but he quickly relaxed into the kiss. He really had missed Asher desperately.

---

Silence watched him go. "Strange man." She remarked.

Ivor started walking again. "P.. perhaps... he has a point about your form." He looked wary.

Silence let her tongue loll out of her mouth in a strange expression of disgust.

"Okay... forget I mentioned it." Ivor ducked his head and kept walking.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:30 pm

Asher didn't much care right now if Vestia was watching. He did pull back before long though, he did know that Kay wasn't very comfortable with anyone watching, even if it was just Vestia, and he did respect that. "Sorry," he said a little sheepishly.

~~
Ethan would wander off, he'd most likely head back to the library if he didn't see anyone else.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Kay smiled and pulled away gently. [I'm starting to get used to it.] Though he'd probably never be fully comfortable with public displays.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:49 pm

"Um...I don't know" Shane answered then shrugged. Oops?
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Matt wheeled into the room Shane and Ellie were in, some bottles on his lap. "I brought drinks!" He declared. Hey, he remembered there was a party. Vestia could tell people when they were ready right?

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next