Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

3 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 19 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ivor was pretty thankful for Tala's quiet thoughts, if her unshielded thoughts were anything like her speaking voice, he'd have had a headache already.
He nodded slowly.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 19 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:51 pm

"Oh." James shook his head. Right, that did make sense. "Nah man, I gotta stay here in case Armin starts shedding his skin. I don't want to be unreachable at a bit moment. See? I'm totally responsible." He nodded.
"Besides, you and Dawn can actually carry conversations, I think. At least, probably better than I can." He and Dawn were pretty darn different, so it wasn't uncommon for him to be pretty confused by her. And he was pretty sure she felt the same way about him.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 19 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:53 pm

"that's not exactly saying a lot James." Esk folded his arms and leaned against the wall.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:03 pm

James ignored the jab, and mirrored Esk's posture, leaning against the other wall in the corridor. "Still, I might be better at talking to her than you are soon. I don't recall you stopping by to see her all that much while she was healing, seems like you just ordered me to take care of her and then promptly skulked off."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:06 pm

"I didn't skulk off." Esk snapped. "you were better qualified." He smirked again. "Which is probably the only time i'll ever tell you that." He shrugged. "I don't wanna play at nurse. I'm no medic."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:18 pm

"I'm sure she would have liked the company. I may be better at medical stuff, but you know, hanging out with different types of people is nice when you're sick and have to stay in your room a lot," James said. He shrugged. "At least she's got most of her energy back now. That's good."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:35 pm

"i'm not good company." Esk muttered. "She must be better if she's going to Mars."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 pm

"No, you usually aren't," James agreed. "I got the impression she likes hanging out with you anyway, but maybe I'm wrong. Believe it or not, sometimes I am."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:53 pm

Esk made a face. "Dawn's weird." He remarked, as if that explained everything.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:58 pm

James smiled lopsidedly. "Yeah, man. I think so too."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:59 pm

Esk nodded, see? it explained everything. He looked somewhat uncomfortable though, straightening up and dropping his arms to his side.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:00 pm

"You okay man?" James asked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:04 pm

"yeah, i'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" Esk snapped. There was that not wanting to talk about himself thing again.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:10 pm

James snorted. Oh yeah, the no emotions thing. Yay. "I thought you had an emotion other than bored or pissed off for a moment. I guess I was wrong."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Esk glared. "go fuck yourself." He moved to leave.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:32 pm

"I would, but I'm not driven by animalistic urges unlike you," James said in what he hoped was a haughty tone. It was the best witty comeback he could think of on the fly, okay?
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:41 pm

"Right James, because I'M the one who tries to jump into bed with anyone I meet" Esk's tone sounded a tiny bit bitter. "Of anyone on this ship, i'd have thought you'd agree with me on the belief that sexual relationships are always a terrible idea."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:44 pm

"I don't do that any more!" James huffed. "And they're not always a terrible idea, they're only a terrible idea if you're fucking a crazy person or if it isn't optional for one of the people involved!" He looked annoyed.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:47 pm

"most people are fucking crazy." Esk replied curtly. "Haven't you noticed?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:53 pm

"Not Vicky crazy," James said. "Pro tip: the first time your partner picks you up by the collar, run. Most people don't do that because most people aren't batshit insane!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:59 pm

Esk sighed "yeah, she was a special kind of nuts." He shook his head. "but it's not like I had much choice. Without her Acus would have thrown me out an airlock, or worse." and you know, telling someone like Vicky no was a bad idea. She'd been an angry, unstable wreck. Yet he still couldn't quite hate her. Be glad she was far far away sure, particularly after her last outburst, but weirdly enough he just couldn't hold a grudge. "She got me a job I don't totally hate so.. I guess she was good for something. I prefer not being dead."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:18 pm

James winced a little. "Yeah, being stuck in a situation like that sucks." He could empathize with Esk's former situation with Vicky, James had had sex with Acus in part because even though the guy had said it was optional, he hadn't felt like it would be a good idea to refuse. In hindsight, he knew he could have refused safely, but... yeah. Being in a situation where you didn't feel entirely safe kind of changed your decision-making process.
He shook his head, "Acus and Vicky were weird, they talked about no-strings-attached hookups, but they had too much leverage over us, and it was crappy even before they got attached. But... those were pretty unsual situations. I don't think that sort of thing usually happens in relationships, there just isn't that sort of ridiculous power imbalance most of the time." He'd put some thought into this since the Acus fiasco. It had been on his mind a lot.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:31 pm

"there's no such thing as no strings attached, it's never meaningless sex. It always means something to someone." Esk frowned a little. "If you can't or won't give someone everything, don't sleep with them. " that was his take away from all this anyway. "they're gone now, things worked out. We're alive, we're free. Whatever." He sounded dismissive. He didn't like dwelling on the past.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:34 pm

James nodded. "Maybe you're right, man. Gotta be careful certainly. I mean, there's a reason I don't hook up with people now, other than you know, not having a sex drive. It's risky, and I don't want to have someone hoping for a relationship."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:39 pm

"not much in it for you then." Esk really didn't get the whole romantic thing. "seems like way more trouble than it's worth even with a sex drive. You see the people here, being coupled up doesn't seem to do much more than make them all a bit more miserable. Fuck that."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:42 pm

"I dunno, my brother seems like he likes it," James said. "I mean he's a ball of quiet angst anyway, so I don't think Kay's dragging him down any more than he would be otherwise." He shrugged. "And they seem like they have fun sometimes with their signs and stuff." He thought it was kinda cute how Asher liked to goof off with Kay.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:49 pm

Esk looked momentarily disgusted. "your brother has awful taste in partners." He remarked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:00 pm

James waved a hand. "Your brother's not so bad, He's got issues, but I've never seen him be a jerk to my brother, so that's a big checkmark in his favor."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next