Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

4 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 33 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Cause Esk is lazy and he wants someone to wait on Dawn, even though he has a massive crush on her and could wait on her himself," James grumbled. "At least that's what I assume was his motivation," he amended. "Your brother is weird. So Dawn's probably okay and not infected, that's good at least."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 33 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:40 pm

"That's an idea," Tori agreed. With the huge number of androids here, she could definitely see that becoming useful. "For now I'd think the priority would be organic medical facilities though, since android health issues progress much more slowly in general."

~~
[I'll tell you in person. Luka with you?] James replied, instead of just being useful and answering.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 33 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Dawn smiled again and nodded "It's something to think about, and plan a place to have it, probably the level you all live on if not in or near one of these." She said, standing up to go to the guest medical facility.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:12 pm

[Yes, we had stopped to grab a bite. We'll head back soon.] Rigel sent back
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:15 am

Kay nodded and would follow Dawn and Tori. Somewhere for the androids to patch themselves up was a good idea as well, some of them could be oddly private about the whole thing.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:07 am

Dawn thought about that more as they walked then looked to Kay again when they reached the transporter. "Maybe we could put James over that room? Or just figure out some kind of rotation?" She was just throwing out ideas at this point. She didn't want to lose James as a partner, he was fun to be around and made time pass quickly but they were all aware of how he was with blood.

~~~
After Hytar and his people left, Sawna headed back up to Amari's room to check on him again.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:46 am

Kay considered that. [He's quite useful to have around, despite his ridiculous hemophobia.] He smiled softly [perhaps some of the other androids would like to work with those specific needs?] After all, they wouldn't need medical expertise for that right? [We should suggest it anyway, see if anyone likes the idea of a more permanent and specific role. James may very well jump at the idea of getting out of medical duty. Otherwise, keeping it all rather holistic will probably work fine. Have James or Asher or whoever isn't busy go deal with any android specific issues as and when they arise. ] Much as he was fairly sure he could do the whole skin repair thing, he was well aware that Asher particularly was a bit odd about the idea of organics being part of the whole process and he respected the privacy and comfort of these people. They would probably be more comfortable with a member of their own race helping them out, much like he was certain women would rather discuss female problems with a female medic.

---

Matt wheeled over to James. "you okay man?"

---

Hytar would walk back to his ship with the star dragon and arrange a meeting to discuss the specifics of their mission.

---

Silence left and headed back toward where Ivor was. It was a bit of a walk.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:56 am

"We can certainly ask." Dawn said with a nod and a chuckle. "We have enough androids now to be able to make a new position like that, no matter who ends up in that role. I figured it would be easier to have an android over it, both in that they have much better control and they would know how to do even simple fixes better than we would."

~~~
Starr looked out at the spaceport after walking with the group to the ramp. She wasn't going to go out on her own, but she did look to watch the people and sky curiously.

~~~
Travis stayed with Hytar to arrange the meeting, though he was free at almost anytime currently.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:10 am

Tori kept pace with the medics as they headed toward the larger med bay. "A lot of androids prefer to deal with their injuries in private when they can," she said thoughtfully. "Then again, that may in part be because there isn't usually another android on hand to help. They might like having an android medic available to help them." Yeah, androids in general weren't overly comfortable with organics helping them with repairs. Between the belief that the average organic found them disgusting, and the desire to not show weakness around the species that controlled them, most androids avoided organic help when they could.
"It's an idea worth pitching to the others. I'm not sure what they'd think, but it'd be worth finding out."

~~
"I'm fine, I just want to know what those guys have been up to," James said to Matt, sighing. "At least they'll be back soon, Rigel says."

"They totally hooked up, didn't they?" Ellie said excitedly.

James tried not to frown.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:02 am

Kay nodded to Tori [So we've noticed.] He seemed to remember something [Have you been accosted by Mourn yet?]

----

Matt laughed. "Dude she's like, young enough to be his daughter!" He made a face. "not to mention it's like.. totally unprofessional." He snickered again, ahh professionalism, it didn't exist on this ship did it? "oh man, nobody tell Kay, he'll get out the pamphlets again!"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:25 am

Tori looked amused. "Yes, Mourn found us and talked Ivan into letting him look at his mind. When I left, Mourn hadn't figured out how to free us, but I don't think he's planning to give up."

~~
"Yeah, I probably should have lectured them both about how bad it is to sleep with captains." James shook his head. "I tried it once, it wasn't a good idea." Especially not when you spent the months afterward flirting with the guy. Oops?

"I guess this could answer the question though," Ellie told Matt, "We wondered if she preferred old scarred dudes or boring average guys, remember?"

"Hey!" James yelped.

~~
Asher headed to the med bay. Vestia told him where the medics were, so he changed course and went to look for them.

~~
Tala headed out to the city again.

~~
Ethan headed back toward the library.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:38 am

Kay smiled. [He won't quit till he's figured it out. So your code is different enough to present a problem?] Interesting.

----

Matt laughed. "oh man, I remember that! " He grinned at James. "You're not boring James."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:30 am

Dawn smiled and looked at the room once they reached it. "This is nice" She said as she looked around the place.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:38 am

"I guess our code is. It makes sense, we are built by a different manufacturer, after all," Tori said. It felt so odd to be talking to organics about something like this. But they seemed okay with it. Everyone seemed okay with it. She wasn't sure what to make of this yet, but it seemed nice.
She followed Dawn and Kay into the med bay. It was a lot bigger than the other one, with more beds and even removable partitions to give patients some privacy. There was also the surgery room where Esk had had his operation.
"Yes, this looks like it could be a very good medical facility," Tori agreed with Dawn. "The capacity is much better for the number of people on board."

~~
"At least someone thinks I'm not boring," James huffed.

Ellie snickered.

"I should probably go to the shuttle bay so I can intercept Rigel and Luka, I don't want them trying to avoid me," James said thoughtfully. They totally would try to avoid him, and talk to someone else instead, he was sure.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:43 am

Kay nodded [It's further away from where most of the crew are, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem for the passengers. ] The star dragons were closer to this facility weren't they? [Hopefully we'll never need to run this at full capacity though. ] He shook his head at Tori's remark about code, shrugging. [I suppose it's a little like how all organic races are different. It's quite a challenge medically.]

---

Matt grinned at James. "you could never be boring man, you're too weird." He laughed. "in a good way!" He wheeled back and forward a little. "What you gonna do? I mean, whatever they're doing, is it our business? You know, aside from the amusement of gossiping that is. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:59 am

Tori nodded. "We hope this place will never be full, but in my experience it's always best to be ready for the worst-case scenario." Ninety-nine-point-nine percent of the time, the place might be at less than half capacity, but that point-one percent of the time, they'd be glad to have the extra space ready.
She nodded. "Different species with different biology. I guess it's an Android thing too."

Asher arrived at that point. "Oh hello. You guys are thinking about expanding the medical facilities?" He said, smiling.

~~
James frowned. It wasn't his business, not really. For some reason he felt like it was though, if Rigel and Luka were going to sneak off and be lovebirds, he felt like he should know. Was he jealous? Sort of. He didn't want to date Luka OR Rigel, but it was bothering him anyway. Maybe that made him a jerk. Probably it did, actually. "I dunno man," he told Matt. "I guess I just want to know."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Kay nodded to Tori, it made sense... sorta.
He looked to Asher. [How did it go?] He frowned a little, having Hytar on board made him seriously uncomfortable.

---

Matt nodded. "fair enough. Go easy on em okay? And then come rant to us about what morons they are after." He grinned, that was probably a joke.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:19 pm

Dawn looked over to Asher and smiled "Yeah, we are thinking of me and James and Tori running this one, since we actually have passengers to take care of now." She said happily.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Asher smiled softly. "That sounds like a good idea. We're going to need a bigger setup for all these new people." He looked to Kay, "The meeting went well enough. Starr set up a five year contract for the rescue of her people, and I think we caught any dangerous loopholes in the contract."

Tori was trying not to stare at Asher. She was kinda scared to ask if he was the fourth medic here or not.

~~
James nodded. "I'll be nice to them. You guys be good, okay?"

"We will! Give us star stickers later!" Ellie joked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Dawn looked over to Tori again and smiled "Have you met Asher yet? He's another of the medics, he works with Kay." Yeah, she wasn't going to explain their relationship, who knew if they wanted anything said or not.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Matt waved. "See ya James!"

Swarm scattered, but some of them would follow James because they were nosy.

"uh. bye swarm too." Matt looked a bit guilty, he'd kinda forgotten they were there. Oops?
"So, what now?" He looked to Ellie.

---

Kay nodded slowly. [Alright.] He still looked a bit anxious, chewing his lip.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:37 pm

"We haven't met yet, no," Tori said. She smiled at Asher, doing her best to not think about how the heck two androids on this ship had ended up so badly injured, "I'm Tori, I'm joining the medical team here."

Asher smiled back. "Welcome aboard. I hope you'll enjoy working here. I heard you actually have medical experience, which is something James and I really don't. We're glad for your knowledge."

Tori smiled. "Thank you."

Asher looked at Kay again. "The deal is pretty good. It should help a lot of people."

~~
James waved, and headed off to the shuttle bay to hopefully intercept Rigel and Luka.

~~
Ellie looked uncertain. "I don't know. We could like, explore the city or something." The sun set late-ish in summer in Ottawantreal, after all.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Kay nodded again. [I hope so. He's gone now yes?]

---

"Ooo exploring. Kay and I went out earlier but he's a total killjoy and wanted to see like boring stuff like museums and crap. Let's get a bunch of people together and go check out the nightlife!"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:46 pm

"Yes, Hytar left to discuss the plan with his crew and the guy Starr appointed to represent her," Asher said. "He's left the ship, and I doubt he'll be back."

~~
Ellie grinned. "We can bring Shane along, and maybe some others, I'm not sure who," she said. She'd forgiven Shane pretty much after the makeout session and the movie. Her anger didn't last long, her attention span was too short.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Kay looked visibly relieved at that. Good. He nodded again.

---

Matt was kinda oblivious to Ellie's grumpiness with Shane anyway. He nodded. "Yeah, let's do this! Vestia, who's free and not a total buzzkill?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:54 pm

Dawn went over to one of the beds, sitting on it and pulling her legs up so she was sitting cross-legged on the bed. "We also had an idea to use a room for an android medical room, have everything you need in one place and maybe James or one of the new androids over that room." She said to Asher.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Vestia snickered. "Do you want me to limit that search to people who can drink, or is anyone okay? Cause there are a lot of androids around. Also Skye and Mourn are around, and Helen. A lot of people look tired or are total buzzkills, or already left though."

~~
"That's a good idea. I don't think we should let James quit organic medic duty, but I'm sure there are some androids we could talk into taking the job," Asher said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Skye and Jewel were sitting on top of Vestia, resting after their long flight.

Shane was still in the conference room, doing something on his tablet.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next