Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

4 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 26 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Cause Esk is lazy and he wants someone to wait on Dawn, even though he has a massive crush on her and could wait on her himself," James grumbled. "At least that's what I assume was his motivation," he amended. "Your brother is weird. So Dawn's probably okay and not infected, that's good at least."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 26 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:44 am

Kooshie wrote:Ellie didn't want to go anywhere. They'd be here until the end of the movie, after which she might take Shane to the city to explore, because hey, Terra! And he was half Terran.

(I'm not sure what time it is at this point. Is the meeting soon do we know?)
(I don't know either.)
Shane would still worry about being seen on Terra, though he had changed his appearance after leaving the first time. He would stay with Ellie because he wanted to have some fun, though he still wasn't sure about leaving with the transport ship or not. The dragons staying on it were making changes to the interior to make it better, but they didn't need help right now.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 26 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:47 am

(let's just pick a time out of thin air! let's say it's... five o clock! WHOO. Also, where'd we leave Luka and Rigel? hahaha)

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:48 am

(Haha, time is confusing. We can probably skip to the meeting fairly soon, I think.)

Tala tilted her ears in his direction curiously. "Greetings, Matt. Have you enjoyed your return to Terra?" She remembered hearing that Matt and Kay had first met Vestia's crew while they were here.

~~
Vestia notified Asher that Amari was awake, but that he was probably going to be sleeping more soon, and Sawna was watching over him. So he probably didn't need to go check right now.

Asher would stay in the med bay in case any more dragons stopped by, and quietly worried about Amari.

~~
Ellie would make them stay on Vestia today since Shane was concerned about being spotted. Tomorrow she resolved to find someone to explore the city with, or to just go exploring by herself.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:56 am

(Rigel and Luka were exploring a random national park thing. lol, they can be headed back or already returned if you want.)
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:00 am

(lol, somehow I think it's kinda hilarious to leave them elsewhere and let everyone wildly speculate on their whereabouts. I should go dig up that post though, so they can have a chat right?)

Matt shrugged "Yeah, I guess. I mean, it's kinda weird being back here and having actual jobs and like.. money." He looked thoughtful. "feels like a lifetime ago we were here last, but it hasn't been that long at all."

----

Kay settled down at his desk to get all the notes properly filed into medical records. It might take a while.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:01 am

Despite his low level concerns about being seen, Shane wanted to make Ellie happy. He resolved to finding an amusement park or something like that to take her to the next day or this evening. They weren't really needed at this meeting anyway.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:02 am

(lol, just start a line, it'd be simpler)
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:06 am

"Much has happened in this year. It makes the time feel longer than it is," Tala agreed, nodding. "You must not have thought you'd be back here, I doubt you expected to stay with Vestia this long if you were so poor."

~~
James went to start having the machine analyze the blood, making some comments about this was gross as he did so. Asher helped Kay get the information into the system.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:18 am

The few remaining dragons had basically sent time requests to see them in a conference room nearby the next day, so there wouldn't be anymore coming to see them today.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:24 am

"I dunno what we expected really." Matt admitted. "I didn't really have a plan. And now? it's like.. home..." He looked around the room fondly. He did love this ship.
"What about you? Once we get to Hakon and find your wife, what do you think you'll do?"

---

Kay rolled his eyes at James.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:31 am

"It is easy to grow to think of this ship as home," Tala agreed. "The people on board are friends mostly, some consider themselves to be family. It is not so different from my own tribe." Other than the fact that her tribe kept slaves, anyway. "I do not know what my plan will be, I suppose I will go where my mate and my tribe do. I doubt they will be happy in the enclosed walls of the ship after a life on the plains."

~~
James stuck out his tongue at Kay, huffed, but kept working. The war really had improved his work ethic.

Asher pretended to ignore the two, although it was pretty clear he was trying to force back a smile.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:49 am

Matt nodded. "Yeah... I can see that. Even with really big spaces, it's still quite a change from open area." He sighed. "I hope you can find a new home, far away from the Imperium and their bullshit."

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:15 am

"So we all hope," Tala agreed. "I hear there are many planets with ample grazing lands, where perhaps we can go. Or perhaps we will leave the ways of our people behind us, already much has changed since I have been gone, and no doubt much more cultural change is yet to come." She looked thoughtfully at Matt, "It is odd to think that we must travel to the heart of the imperium soon. Only the suicidal and the delusional have ever tried, that I know of."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:28 am

Matt winced, yeah he wasn't looking forward to that part. Seeing Thalia and the kids, yes, actually going home? not so much. "We have imperium citizens on board, much as they're assholes they won't just murder us. I don't.. think." Hmm, he wasn't totally sure now. "We're gonna need shapeshifters and probably send one of the smaller ships right?" He'd actually given this some thought. "If we get like, Esk, Me, Luka and anyone else who can pass as either Hexenfolke or Satare, we can sneak through their blockaide, just tell them we're going home, returning citizens back to contribute to the mighty imperium blah blah blah. I dunno.. it might work. Then we land, we get the kids and Thalia and we leave. They never stop ships that are leaving their space, they don't care so much about people leaving. That or.. Thalia flies that cloaked ship outta there. Meets us at the border. " but that option was way riskier. That little shuttle was tiny, if something went wrong there was far less chance of them fighting their way out. He looked grim. "It'd all be a hell of a lot simpler if I could just walk."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:41 am

Tala considered that. "Well as you cannot walk, it is no use to yearn for it." She didn't see any point in thinking over past mistakes. Matt had been foolish in the battle, but he understood that, and she figured he should stop thinking about it. Then again, she wasn't a terribly empathetic person.
"The Silver Devil would be the best to enter Imperium space. It is large and capable in a fight, but does not stand out much. Besides, perhaps the dragons can shield it from attacks, which they cannot do for Starr's shuttle." She chewed thoughtfully, "You think that you or your brothers will be good enough spokesmen to get you into imperium space without incident?" She knew Matt and Esk had a lot of scorn for the imperium, and of course Kay was mute and had creepy eyes. Not ideal.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:45 am

Matt shrugged. "probably not me, but.. Esk's pretty good at talking to people when he actually wants to. I dunno much about Luka but, she's got family back in the empire, they'll want to see her and our sister might... be able to pull some strings if we have to resort to that. But i'd kinda rather not get her involved. " He shook his head. "kay shouldn't go, it's too much of a risk. If we land and have to hang around for any reason... the odds are it'll be at least one full moon and I don't think any of us want to see if those old cellar doors still hold." He shuddered.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:36 pm

"That is true, perhaps Luka could be of use. We do not wish to take advantage of her family if we can avoid it though, as they are not involved in our affairs," Tala said. "I wonder if Luka will wish to stay in the imperium when we leave." She nodded, "You are right, it is best to keep Kay well away. It would not be well for him to maul someone."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Matt flinched a little at Tala's final statement. "yeah... it.. it's not good." Now there were a whole load of bad memories he didn't want to delve into.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:54 pm

Tala nodded. She knew about lycanthropy, it was a horrible disease and not something they wanted to activate. "He can stay outside of imperium space when some of you go. And Haakon has only two moons, it is safe enough if we time the visit right."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:02 pm

Matt nodded "yeah, he's sensible and Vestia has a good brig. " He wheeled over to grab some food and awkwardly brought it back to the table. Bah, he hated this stupid chair. it made everything so much harder.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:07 pm

Tala watched Matt. That wheelchair still looked like a nuisance, she was glad she didn't need one. "Very true. We have contained Kay before," she said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:09 pm

Matt nodded. "yeah..." He looked uncomfortable, locking his brother up wasn't something he found overly fun to talk about. He took his plate off his lap and set it on the table. "So, how was the whole.. beating up slavers and freeing dragons thing? Did you burn the whole place to the ground?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Tala's ears perked up, talking about battlefield conquests was something she always enjoyed. "It was most excellent. We slaughtered all the slavers that we saw, and rescued many slaves, although the ones who were not dragons were loath to trust us, and had to be tranquilized and captured. Hytar arranged to have the hold rigged with explosives, and the flames and blasts burst forth from windows and doors in glorious manner as we raced our ships to the safety of the sky!" She flared her nostrils. "The blood of our enemies ran greatly on their day, and we struck fear into the hearts of our foes everywhere."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:48 pm

Matt actually smiled, nodding. "good." He hated slavers, and his bloodthirsty desire to see them all dead showed in his expression.
He shook his head, pulling himself out of such fantasies.
"What's he like? Hytar. I mean, Esk has nothing good to say and neither did our foster mother but... " he'd never been totally comfortable with the idea of working with the guy, even if he was super good at killing slavers. He'd grown up with no good feeling toward the man. "He didnt' hurt any of you right?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:58 pm

"He was all right, from what I saw. He fulfilled the contract competently, and he did not try to cause trouble with us, nor do I think he tried anything with the slaves he transported on his ship." Tala shrugged. "Of course we do not trust him, but he was satisfactory to work alongside."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:43 pm

Matt nodded slowly. "okay... " He still looked uncertain but he couldn't help but be curious about the guy. He was Esk's dad after all. "So what happens now? There's still more dragons to save right?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:04 pm

"I am aware that he has done many undesireable things. It seems he does not wish to damage his business opportunities though, which is sensible." Tala found Hytar to be pragmatic and capable, which were two qualities she did appreciate very much. "The dragons are considering a continuing rescue effort, possibly with the assistance of Hytar. We will be discussing the arrangement this evening."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next