UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kay looked amused at that remark. [You're probably right. And bottom bunk, because I wasn't willing to argue the point. There were about 12 of us in one room, it was fairly cramped.] Not that he'd spent many evenings IN his bunk considering. Nope, his evenings had been spent locked in an old bunker hoping like heck he wouldn't get out and nobody would find him.

---

Ivor shrugged. "I do.. don't know..." He came out into the hall and closed the door carefully behind himself. "You have animals on a ship?"

----

"If they have no choice, then they are still slaves." Armin bowed his head.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Ivor followed along in silence.

---

Kay smirked at the thought. [Perhaps you could take him all of these, give him some more filing to do.]

---

Armin walked with Starr, not saying much. If she wanted to talk she would talk.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Skye smiled and went over to the goats to check on their food and water.

~~~
Starr sighed and looked over to Armin then around again. She wasn't sure what to say now that they were here.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:12 pm

James sighed and went to watch Skye. Man, why did people have to brainwash people? Poor Ivor, he was so messed up.

~~
Asher snickered. "He'd huff and give me a scornful glare, but I think he secretly likes organizing things. Funny how we have that in common."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Bianca, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:19 pm

"Are you alright Miss Starr?" Armin asked.

---

Kay smiled softly, but it soon faded as he considered the implications. His initial thought was 'of course you do, you're the same person' but then his brain reminded him that he and Kaylr were the same person as well, and that made him feel a bit sick. He looked away. [Maybe we shouldn't annoy him.] He left the books where they were.

---

Ivor lingered in the doorway, looking at the rolling fields in disbelief. It was surreal, he wasn't entirely sure what he was seeing wasn't just some sort of hallucination.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Asher watched Kay's expression, and winced. "Sorry," he said quietly. "I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories." He knew how Kay feared what he might have in common with Kaylr, and he didn't want to bring up things that made Kay remember that man. But sometimes Asher made mistakes, ugh.

~~
James forced himself to smile again as he looked over to see how Ivor was reacting to this. It was a good thing Ivor couldn't read his mind right now. "Impressive, isn't it?"
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:40 pm

Kay lowered his head. [It's alright.] It probably wasn't really.

---

Ivor nodded hesitantly. "h... how... "
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Judging by the look on Kay's face, Asher felt pretty sure it wasn't alright. He was guessing Kay was imagining Kaylr, although he supposed this could be about Ethan too, come to think of it. He wasn't the best at identifying what Kay was thinking.

If what Kay was thinking involved Ethan, he wanted to be pretty careful not to make anything worse. Yay for sharing a face with the guy who had been horrifically abused by the guy who shared your lover's face. "Come on, let's keep walking?" He asked tentatively.

~~
"I really don't know how they did all this," james said. "I think there was magic involved, and a lot of dirt. I helped with some of the fences, but not much else."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:52 pm

"We have an earth mage, and a lot of friends that don't live here. We got a big load of dirt and Ellie grew the grass. Dawn and James mostly made the pens and she got the animals for the separate areas. We have bees in the back corner over there, so don't go in that cage." Skye explained and chuckled "It is pretty amazing, Vestia had it as a place to put a golf course before Dawn kind of took it over."

~~~
Starr shrugged then shook her head "I'm alright, I just don't know what to say, or even if there's anything more to say. I can't stop my thoughts from going to the wrong place at times."
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Kay nodded, yes, that sounded like an excellent idea. He left the library and picked a direction at random.

---

Ivor looked confused. Earth mage? golf courses? what?
"th.. they had.. a woman who could talk to machines... on.. on the other ship... not .. not like you, more like... telepathy... " it was the closest he had to grasp when it came to magic like this.

---

Armin nodded and put a hand on her shoulder sympathetically. "yes, minds have an unfortunate tendency to do that. I am here to talk to, or at if you think it will help."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:31 pm

"Yeah, our plant lady is kinda like that," James said. "I think. She hears plants, I'm pretty sure. Talking to machines sounds cooler though." He nodded to Skye, "Setting this place up was a heck of a project."

~~
Asher followed along, watching Kay with concern, and trying to hide that he was doing so. He tried to think of something he could say to get Kay's mind well away from this topic, but he was having trouble thinking of anything.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:45 pm

"I know, and am glad you are here for me" Starr said softly. She was glad he was here with her.

~~~
Skye nodded then chuckled softly "That's one way to explain it, 'talking' to technology or plants, just like Starr and Shane can 'talk' to the very stars to make things when they need them.
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Kay was also trying to distract himself from the unsettling memories of Kaylr and where, inevitably, that train led. He shook his head and turned down a corridor, then another. Finally he just stopped. [Please talk. About anything. ] He looked a little desperate.

---

Armin bowed his head. "I shall be here for you as long as you need or desire Miss Starr." He meant it, completely and utterly.

---

Ivor nodded slowly. "I... I think... I understand." He took a few tentative steps into the room. "m. my home world... doesn't have magic... Not.. not really. "
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Asher tried to think of something, and finally remembered something Ethan--damnit Ethan, why did he have to be in Asher's mind still?--had told him a while ago. "There's a rumored planet where androids might live free," he blurted out. Hopefully that would be distracting?

~~
"Yeah, where I grew up there wasn't much magic either. Funny how much there is out here, right?" James said. "People who can hear stuff are just everywhere, it's nuts."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Kay looked relieved, yes, that was a good subject. [Free androids? Where? how? do you think there's any truth to it?]

----

Ivor flinched, nodding slowly. Probably a poor choice of words.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:14 pm

Skye chuckled softly. "James, it really isn't. The part that's surprising is that we haven't destroyed the universe with so much magic around."

~~~
Starr hugged Armin, more needing that comfort than any words from either of them. He was someone she could turn to and lean on when she needed help.
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:17 pm

"The rumor came from a Scout at the Guild," Asher said, skipping the fact that he'd heard the rumor by way of his duplicate. "A robot rights group tried to raise money for a mission to buy Six series androids and send them to an uncolonized planet to live away from all organic beings, but were refused funds by the group they petitioned. The scout said it heard rumors that the group did get the funds though. Also the robot rights group's original members have disappeared from the public eye almost completely, which is suspicious."
He added, "I researched the planet a bit, it's not very nice, but it'd be survivable for androids. It's possible there could be truth to the rumor."

~~
"Hey, don't tell me you expected to have people with telepathy and plant telepathy and machine telepathy around you someday," James said to Skye. He looked at Ivor guiltily, "Sorry man, I should shut up."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:21 pm

Armin hugged back, remaining silent because evidently that's what Starr needed right now. Instead he simply held her, resting his head against hers.

---

Ivor hugged himself tighter at that. Now there was a frightening thought.
"it... it's alright..." He lied.

----

Kay's eyes widened. Six androids? Alive? not just alive but free? It was almost too fantastical to believe. [Then we need to go there. Once we've got the kids and done everything we need to do, we should find this planet, investigate. If there are androids there, if they've formed a society, it could help immensely in convincing the terrans of your free will.]
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Skye laughed and shook her head "No, I expected to grow up on the family farm." She said then sighed

~~~
Starr stayed like that, just hugging him for a minute before pulling back. "Thank you"
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:30 pm

Asher nodded. "If it's true, they could be a huge help to our cause, and they might need our help. They've been there a long time if they are there, and I don't think they would have the resources to be fully self sufficient for ever. There's a lot to do first, but once we can, we need to find out. If there's even a chance there are androids there, it's worth investigating." He was glad Kay was distracted now, that was a relief.

~~
"Kind of a big change," James said to Skye. He winced at Ivor's expression. Poor guy. He didn't mean to freak him out.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:04 am

Kay nodded. [It definitely needs investigating.] Yes he was good and distracted.

---

Ivor was watching the goats now, at least they were something vaguely familiar.

---

Armin pulled away gently, arms dropping to his sides. "Always Miss Starr." He told her.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:08 am

Starr smiled up at Armin then turned and leaned against him a little. "Is there anything you want to talk about? You are always asking me, but I don't often ask you."

~~~
Skye looked tot he goats again and sighed softly before going over to the treat box and getting a carrot for the goats to snack on.
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:33 am

"It's hard to imagine what that would be like," Asher said thoughtfully. "A bunch of androids put on a colony ship and sent away to a desert planet. At least they're androids, so their data banks would most likely be well protected from the climate, even if their bodies were the worse for the wear." Decades of sun and dust would wear out even high quality plastic skin eventually, but data banks were much better protected.

~~
James watched the goats with them. "The Imperium keep goats instead of cows, right?" He asked Ivor.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:38 am

"What's a cow?" Ivor asked. He had no idea.

---

Armin looked a bit uncertain, blinking a few times before answering. "I... do not know. Is... there anything you would like to know?" He wasn't so good at talking about himself was he?

----

Kay frowned a little at that thought, poor androids. Good thing they didn't feel pain. [Have you mentioned this to Mourn?]
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:02 am

"A cow is like... Do you remember the big lady with the black fur who questioned you and Silence? They look kind of like her, only they walk on four legs and don't talk," James said. "People milk cows like they milk goats, only cows make more milk." Cows were strangely hard to explain. Huh.

~~
Asher smiled sadly at Kay's expression. Yeah, it wasn't ideal, but a desert planet would be better than a life of slavery, and being killed for being defective, at least. "I haven't talked to Mourn about it. I probably should, he'd probably be interested.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:10 am

Ivor looked bewildered. He shook his head. "we don't have them."

---

Kay nodded. [He'll be delighted.]He smiled, Mourn's fondness for the androids was strange but endearing.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 am

"Maybe that's not a bad thing. If they're anything like our cow lady, they're weird as heck," James said. "Goats are smaller and more portable. Moving a goat must be like carrying a small dog for most Satare, come to think of it." He paused, "Not a dog, I meant a large chicken." People from the Imperium had a thing about canine-type creatures, and he didn't want to worry Ivor more than he already was.

~~
"He'll want to free the lot of them," Asher said. "And will probably end up with an even bigger fan club than he already has. Androids always seem to love him." He looked amused.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:27 am

Ivor really didn't know what a dog was either. He only had the very broadest knowledge of farm animals, having never really seen one up close before.
"i... don't know..."

---

Kay looked amused. [Well i suppose it's difficult not to like someone who's so determined to free you and improve your lives.]
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum