Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

4 posters

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five - Page 20 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by Starrnico Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Starr shrugged and looked out the window again. "I don't know. I just want things to be normal."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five - Page 20 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 am

Hmm. Daniel wondered why Mourn wasn't noticing him talk. Could he be deaf?

Mourn might be able to write some sort of tool to scan through Daniel's files, find the matching timestamps, and update their locations in the index. Manually changing the information would be a pretty agonizing process, there was a lot of data to go through, so it would probably be a good idea to use a program to automate the process.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five - Page 20 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:20 am

Mourn tapped away, trying to fully diagnose the problem and work out a solution.
He'd have to get the system to reassign all those locations, which even with a tool was going to take a while.
Still, a small program didn't take long to code and with that done he tried to get it to run through the index. Stupid android code, so ineffecient and so stupid in so many ways.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:28 am

Thankfully Mourn's code seemed to work as intended. Also thankfully, updating the index file wasn't going to take nearly as long as defragging Daniel's memories had. It involved seeking out numbers and changing things in a relatively small file, instead of moving hundreds of terabytes of data around. Still, it'd probably take an hour or so to finish.

Poor Daniel was confused as all heck, and having his memories slowly start clicking into place was weird. He tried to stay calm, but honestly, that was hard to do when he didn't know where he was or why, and didn't really understand what was happening to him. His thoughts flickered frantically across the monitor as he tried to figure out what was going on.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:32 am

Mourn noticed the thoughts and turned around. "files not talking to each other, program fixing. Take a while,. Soon you remember." He hoped anyway.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:40 am

Daniel nodded uncertainly. "And will my owner come back? You didn't steal me, did you?" That was a thing he'd just remembered could happen. Oh dear.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:51 am

Mourn cackled. He liked that idea. "No, shop man come back for you. I get paid!" He liked that even more. "hush, sit. When finish you say if can remember things yes? then I see if work, see how much space free. Don't worry robot, I fix."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:53 am

Daniel's thoughts showed relief. Good, he didn't want to be stolen. He knew being stolen was bad. He obediently hushed and stayed sitting until the program finished up.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:43 am

Mourn kicked his legs, bored as he waited for the program to finish.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:57 am

Finally the program finished up. Daniel looked at Mourn. "May I speak now, Mourn?" he asked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:45 am

Mourn looked up. "It work? You remember now?" He asked, staring at the android intently.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:12 am

Daniel nodded. "You're Mourn, Scott brought me to you in hopes of extending my life. I've been here two days." He smiled. "It feels good to remember." He paused, "I seem to have regained about eight years worth of storage, so it seems you've succeeded."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:33 am

mourn clapped his hands. "Good good! " he looked delighted. "Still working on program that fix stupid storage problem. But no reason can't do again if storage get low yes?" He transferred that fixing the database program onto a little thumb drive. It was going to be essential to this part of the process.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 am

Daniel nodded. "It should significantly increase my life expectancy to be able to do that as necessary," he agreed. "I can't imagine erasing more than I already have though, it seems like at some point erasing things would destroy your identity."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:49 am

Mourn shrugged. "Organic do it all the time, forget so much. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:53 am

"I suppose so. It's different for them though, they don't have to choose what to forget," Daniel said. He smiled. "I suppose we should contact Scott and tell him he owes you money now?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:57 am

Mourn snickered. "yes, yes, we get shop man back." He dug around for contact info. "He be happy yes? He like robot?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:11 am

"He'll be very happy," Daniel said. "We've known each other all his life, he isn't looking forward to losing me. I can send him a message if you don't mind me using your computer."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:34 pm

Mourn nodded. "You happy then?" He asked, tilting his head and standing up so Daniel could unplug himself and use the computer
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Daniel unplugged himself and got up. "I'm happy. I get to live longer, and that's a good thing." He went to the computer to write a message to Scott.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:46 pm

Mourn frowned a little, but he let Daniel do what he needed to do. He didn't think Scott was a bad person, he did seem to actually care about the androids in his care so at least he wasn't a nasty owner. Still.. he couldn't help but be curious about how the guy thought of the robots really and what he'd think of them wanting personhood. But eugh, he couldn't ask. Not yet anyway.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:51 pm

Daniel wrote out his message quickly. [I'm awake again. Please come to Vestia at your convenience. ~Daniel]

A reply popped up a minute or so later. [Aer you okay? Im' on my way]

Daniel smiled at the message. "He never did touch type well," he told Mourn.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Mourn peered over Daniel's shoulder and laughed. "Stupid terran."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:07 pm

"He's not stupid, he just has trouble keeping his fingers in order," Daniel protested. He was kinda protective of the guy.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Mourn snorted.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Scott rushed in after a few minutes, sweaty and red-faced from running so fast on a warm, sunny day. He grinned when he saw Daniel and hugged him hard, before looking to Mourn. "He's okay?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Mourn looked up at Scott in bemusement. "you run all the way here?" Silly terran.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:37 pm

Scott nodded, trying to catch his breath, and wiping his forehead with his hand. "Of course I ran. Is he all right?" Apparently this guy kind of had a one track mind.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next