Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

3 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 5 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Kooshie Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

(Starts on day 15 at the Guild, I believe)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 5 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Mourn worked quickly, typing away and copying across the code he'd saved. He always kept his code, it saved so much time.
After a while he nodded, it was done.
"Try now, turn off pain. " He instructed.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 5 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:17 pm

Ethan concentrated for a moment, then let out a sound of confusion. He looked at his hands and flexed his fingers, incredulous, then reached up to touch his hurt shoulder.

There was no pain. There was no sensory response at all. There were only readings of weight and temperature that steadily streamed through his mind, telling him what readings were safe for him, and what readings would be safe for everyone else. Everything was calculated and precise and not at all dictated by personal preference, just by some database that was supplying everything he should know to interact with the rest of the world. "How do you handle this?" Ethan asked James.

James blinked. "It's not that bad! I like it!"

Ethan gave him an odd look. Androids here were so weird. He looked at Mourn, then reached out to touch his fur.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:18 pm

Mourn giggled as Ethan touched him. "It work yes?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:24 pm

"It worked," Ethan said. He looked at his hand again, rubbing the fingers together. "This explains why androids here are so bizarre. This explains everything."

James snickered. "Okaaay, man. Can we fix your arm now?"

Ethan winced a bit, then nodded. "Might as well try, I guess." He went to unplug himself from the computer.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:25 pm

Mourn cackled. "Make fix easier, no more struggling." He nodded and picked up his tools again. "What you mean androids weird here?" He was curious.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:40 pm

Ethan sat back down so his shoulder could be looked at again. "They're so docile and harmless here. You should've seen how hard I had to push James to get him to hit me. It must have something to do with them not having a clue what anything feels like. And Asher's hurt people before, but he's pretty uncomfortable with causing pain, too."

"Hey!" James said.

"If I grew up this way, I'd probably be scared to hurt all those squishy organics too," Ethan said with a shrug. "No context for one of the major organic experiences, of course you'd grow up confused."

James looked indignant.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:51 pm

Mourn shrugged. "Robot medic?. He medic, should understand damage least... He no seem scared hurt. Shoot boyfriend just fine. And slavers." He sounded dismissive. "I fix now, yes? no see face. Tell when done." He moved behind Ethan and set to work.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:57 pm

Ethan didn't think it was quite like that, well okay, it sort of was, but it was a little more complicated than that, but he nodded. Okay, Mourn.
He braced himself for all the creepy feelings he always got with someone being so close to him, but when Mourn started fixing him, everything was bearable. Weird as hell, but bearable.

James watched. Yay, Ethan not freaking out! That was nice.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:12 pm

Mourn took off the skin and set it to one side,then set to work reconnecting the various wires and anything else that was loose. Then he moved on to filling in the gaps in the skin, gluing the gashes shut as best he could before reapplying the entire section to Ethan's back. They'd need a supply of extra synthetic skin too. He mentally added that to the shopping list.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:17 pm

Ethan waited, turning his head a bit to watch Mourn work. This was so, so strange. He helped hold the piece of skin in place as it was glued.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Mourn finished up, clapping his hands together. "All done." He declared. "Should no hurt now... think... " Yeah he wasn't totally sure he understood the pain programming, it was really weird.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:35 pm

Ethan switched sensory modes, almost reluctantly. This new mode was weird, but it also didn't have years of paranoia attached to it, which made it kind of a welcome change. Still, he was used to the other mode.

He rubbed his shoulder experimentally, and his shoulder didn't burn with pain any more, it was just the dull ache that all old injuries had for a while after you fixed them. Good. "Doesn't hurt now," Ethan said. "Thanks, Mourn." He got up and put his shirt back on.

James realized he should put on his shirt already. Oops? He went and grabbed his shirt, and put it on before picking up his armor. "I'd better drop this off," he said, holding up the armor, "And then I gotta go help out my baby bro with all the hurt people."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:40 pm

Mourn tilted his head, then nodded. "I try fix hologram. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:43 pm

"Good luck, man," James said. He headed off.

Ethan smiled his odd smile at Mourn, then left as well. It was late, but he decided to go knock on Hewitt's door just in case the guy was up. He was worried about him.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:53 pm

Mourn went back to work on the little drone.

---

Hewitt felt a bit better now he was in a nice humid environment. His leaves were still a little droopy and he still had some nice holes in him but oh well, it'd heal. Eventually the holes would grow over.

He frowned at the knocking. "Who is it?" He answered grumpily.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:59 pm

"It's me, Ethan," Ethan called through the door to Hewitt. "Mind if I come in?"

~~

James got changed, then headed to the med bay where Asher was reading and occasionally unplugging himself to go check on people. Asher looked relieved to see him.

James took all the notes from Asher to read, while Asher briefed him on Esk's situation and told him to check him regularly.

James nodded grimly, then tried to send Asher to bed.

Asher refused to go. He didn't want to wake up Kay, and he didn't really want to be alone right now either, okay? Better to stay here. Much better.

So the brothers stayed on medic duty together that night.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:03 pm

"it's not locked." Hewitt told him. "I'm not getting up." He'd settled down on the bed, legs folded sort of snoozing, eyes closed, tendril roots writhing around him as he absorbed the damp air.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:05 pm

Ethan came in. "I thought I should stop by, since Amity is out of service for the foreseeable future." He registered how wilted and bullet-riddled Hewitt looked, and his eyes widened. "Professor, what did you do?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:29 pm

The professor opened one eye, and a sly smirk crossed his face. "Fools thought their bullets could stop me. HAH. Aketi are not nearly so easily hurt." He looked pleased with himself.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:31 pm

"You just walked out in front of them, without even putting on armor?" Ethan frowned. "You're hundreds of years old, you don't need to be pulling stunts like that at your age."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:35 pm

Hewitt laughed. "At MY age, you're beyond caring." He sat up straight, opening both eyes now. "Don't tell anyone..." He grinned. "But I enjoyed it. Made me feel eighty again." Now he understood why animal species liked physically assaulting one another, it WAS satisfying.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Ethan shook his head. Old men and their eccentricities, he supposed he should be used to it by now, but they still managed to surprise him. "Nothing like a few bullets to the face to make you feel youthful, I guess. Please tell me you at least fought back, and didn't just sit around letting them shoot you."
He wasn't worrying about Hewitt, really. At least, that's what he told himself.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Hewitt cackled. "of course, scared the life out of them. Quite satisfying. Sent them scurrying off weaponless." Ahh yes, satisfying.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:52 pm

Ethan snorted. Okay, he admitted it, that was great. "Glad you had fun, Professor."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:54 pm

Hewitt nodded. "And we won. All in all, a successful day." He paused, the asked. "How IS Amity?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:56 pm

"Mourn says he can be repaired, probably," Ethan said. "We'll need some parts we don't have, though. For the moment, he's completely offline and can't be powered on."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:04 pm

Hewitt nodded, looking a little disappointed. He was fond of that little drone. They'd been through a lot together. "Aketi space is a few weeks journey from here." He'd been studying the stars, working out where they were. It was a bit tricky with all the magic interference, but he was mostly sure he knew approximately where the guild was located now. "Of course they'll argue it's more efficient and cost effective to just buy a new one." He shook his head. "but all my preferences are logged into that one. I don't want to have to teach another one." Ahh selfish to the end.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next