Upon Vestia: Chapter TWENTY

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter TWENTY

Post by Miss Heny on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Heny stood there and listened as the two spoke, her heart beat rising. She had visited him a couple of times but found it too painful with eveything going on.
Miss Heny
Admin

http://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter TWENTY

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:54 pm

Luka laughed "well you better!"
Once they reached the holodeck she started browsing through settings to find a nice open area they could ride horses through. "any preferences?"

flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet
Name: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:01 pm

James looked at the list, then grinned, homing in on the Japanese garden category. He wanted to show Luka those koi fish! And he also wanted to see them himself! He chose a garden preset that had nice wide paths for horse riding, and loaded it up.
The garden shimmered into view around them, with lots of paths and streams and pretty trees. "That should work," James said. "Holodeck, add some ducks!"
A couple of ducks appeared in a pond.

Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:11 pm

Luka laughed. "Wow, this is...formal." She looked around, peering into the streams. "Orange fish!"
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:19 pm

"It's some old traditional style of Terran garden. Very planned." James nodded in a way that suggested he knew a lot about gardening, although actually he had just recited pretty much the extent of his knowledge. Oh well.
He went over to a steam to peer in at the fish, "Whoa, those are some big fish."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:20 pm

"They're huge!" Luka crouched down to get a better look. "these are the fish you were talking about?"
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:26 pm

"Yeah, these are the ones," James eyed the fish suspiciously, as if they might bite. "They're traditional in this type of garden I think, I have no clue why though."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:42 pm

"They're pretty." Luka dipped her hand into the water experimentally. One of the Koi came right up, expecting food.
"oh.. they're tame!" other fish followed, rising from the depths to examine Luka's hand just in case she had tasty treats. One sucked on her fingers and she shrieked in surprise and withdrew her hand. "that was weird."
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:46 pm

James snickered at Luka's reaction and put this fingers in the water too. "Be careful, they might be carnivorous."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:51 pm

Luka looked serious. "You think so?"
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:54 pm

James tried to decide if she was teasing or not. He couldn't tell, so he decided to play it safe. "I'm pretty sure koi eat insects, not people. We're probably safe."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:57 pm

"and the holodeck has safeties too right? " Luka tentatively dipped her finger back into the water.
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:02 pm

"Yeah, holodecks are First Law compliant, they can't hurt you intentionally and they try to prevent you from getting hurt." James pulled his hand out of the water and showed the jagged scar of glued together skin to her, "I mean you can get hurt here if you're really dumb, but it's not easy."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:16 pm

Luka hissed, even though she knew James couldn't feel pain her brain still insisted that had to have been painful. "You're lucky you're an android, that looks like it was nasty."
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:24 pm

"Heck yeah, I would sooo not like to have been organic for that," James agreed, turning his hand to look at the scar for a few moments. He smiled, "Pro tip: wear gloves when you're jousting in the holodeck. And modern armor. Although getting hurt is pretty unlikely, regardless."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:30 pm

"Jousting? Wait, is that the thing where you ride a horse and hit the other person with a really big stick?" Luka asked, she frowned a little. "No I don't think that would have been very pleasant for someone organic, messier too I bet." She shook her head. "I think i'll pass on the jousting just in case."
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:35 pm

"Yeah, you try to knock them off their horse with your lance. It's awesome if you like gratuitous violence with your horse riding. Not so great for health and safety though." James reached into the water again and ran his fingers over the back of one of the fish, "Fortunately most of the holodeck isn't that hazardous."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:17 am

"sounds like it'd be great to watch." Luka shook her head. "Shall we find our horses?"

---

Web went to find Esk, who was still sitting on the Silver Devil.

Web warily climbed up onto the ship, looking around the old rusty cramped ship with mild trepidation. Yes, this looked far more like the sort of space ships he'd flown in, and it brought back bad memories. He shuddered, he didn't much like space travel.

"Esk?" He called, frowning a little as he ducked to avoid hitting his head on some cross beams.

Esk heard the voice and did a quick mental calculation. Softer tone, no use of slang, no jokes, probably Web.
"I'm in here." he called back flatly.

Web headed that way, relieved when the ceiling height extended so he could actually stand up straight. "This ship is worse than the caves back home." He remarked.

"you get used to it." Esk replied.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like I got trampled by a horse." Esk told his brother dryly.

Web smiled softly and bowed his head. "Well, yes." He pulled up a chair. "I thought I should come and say hello now you're more coherent."

"How out of it was I?" Esk asked, forcing himself into a more upright position with a groan of pain.

"I don't know." Web admitted, flinching a little as Esk moved. "i don't really have a non drugged up baseline to judge by."

Esk snickered. "At least you're honest."

"I don't believe you said or did anything overly regrettable at least." Web reassured him.

Esk frowned. He'd gotten far too used to his oblivious unobservant other brothers. "good."

They both lapsed into awkward silence. Truthfully they'd never had that much to do with one another, they'd kept out of one another's way growing up and hadn't seen one another in years.

After a while Esk spoke. "Worked out why you're here yet?"

Web shook his head. "I have learned rather a lot about this Family and the oncoming war, perhaps Fate simply wanted more information?"

"Your god needs to send scouts?" Esk scoffed.

"Fate's sphere of influence is limited, she can't interact very actively in this realm. I'm not just her prophet, i'm her eyes and ears as well." Web explained.

Esk snorted.

"I am of course, only guessing. I don't know why I was guided here nor what i'm supposed to do but i'm certain it'll become clear soon." Web continued calmly.

"How long you gonna wait around for clarification?" Esk challenged.

Web bowed his head. "I don't know. I feel a sense of dread, that something is brewing on the horizon. Part of me just wants to leave, get away from this place before the storm breaks, but I don't believe that's what i'm supposed to do. Fate's guidance is... frustratingly obtuse, you know well enough how vague my visions are. "

"yeah, you'd think a god would do a better job of communicating their wants."

Web shook his head. "Fate doesn't think the same way we do, they probably make perfect sense to her and she finds it just as frustrating that her vessels are too stupid to decipher them. It's much like trying to speak to someone who doesn't just not speak your language, but communicates in a manner that's totally alien."

"you're way too accepting of this shit."

"What else can I do? Whether I like it or not, I am the Ishvara, my options were either to accept it, or resent it. The universe isn't a fair place, sometimes we get more than our share of burden. You can either let it crush you, or you can pick yourself up and keep moving forward."

Esk sighed. "When did you get so philosophical?"

Web looked grim. "I suppose my brushes with death gave me a degree of perspective." He folded his arms across his lap, tugging on his sleeves idly.

"The Captain of this ship is suicidal." Esk told Web suddenly.

Web frowned. "Why?"

Esk shrugged. "He saw shit during some stupid war, he lost his only friend, his planet's destroyed and his people are mostly dead, his robot doesn't love him... basically he's a huge fuckup."

"That's an awful lot of reasons to be down." Web nodded. "But why are you telling me?"

"Because I don't know what to do about it okay? " Esk snapped. "You know what it's like to be in that sort of state, I don't want to have to clean up another mess because the Captain can't deal with living."

Web lowered his head. "Don't let him be alone.. distract him..." He shook his head. "I don't know either. You and Matt offered me a second chance, and I remember resenting you both for interfering. " He shook his head. "Now though... I know I owe you both a debt I doubt i'll ever be able to repay. I put you through hell."

"oh don't start doing the guilt thing, Kay does enough of that shit."

Web smiled weakly. "i'll try not to. But I don't think I ever actually thanked you. So thank you, for... cleaning up my mess."

Esk looked away. "So what? We just leave Acus and hope he comes to his senses?"

"only he can pull himself out of this state. You can lower a rope, but he's the one who has to climb out of the pit." Web shook his head. "I'm sorry there's no easy solution."

Esk looked annoyed. "He's in no state to captain this crew, but they're all so loyal to him, none of them will relieve him of command."

"and you don't want that responsibility?" Web asked

Esk shook his head. "I'm not a leader, I take orders, I do the crap nobody else wants to do. Besides, the wouldn't follow me. They all thought a break might do him some good, but I dunno... I can't tell if him giving up drink is a good sign, or a really bad one."

Web nodded.

"Don't get any dumb ideas, I don't like the guy, he's a total asshole, but he pays my wage and the rest of the crew will be insufferably angst ridden if he offs himself."

Web smiled softly. "of course, pragmatism."

"I mean, what happens to the ship? To James? to our jobs?" Esk continued.

"Well, it sounds like you have sufficient motivation to want him alive." Web spoke softly.

"He's just being... inconsiderate." Esk huffed.

Web tried not to laugh, it wasn't something you should laugh at but Esk's annoyance was somewhat amusing. He forced a serious tone. "Whatever happens, you'll work it out. You were always very good at solving problems."

Esk snorted derisively. "I hate uncertainty."

"I think everyone does."

"It's fucking wierd having you here." Esk told Web flatly.

Web nodded. "It is, it's good to see you again though."

Esk quirked an eyebrow, looking skeptical. "really?"

"We may not have been overly close, but you are my brother. Like it or not, we're stuck with one another." Web smiled.

Esk scoffed.

"Regardless of our differences, you all still matter to me. Even Jess, we can't see eye to eye but, she's my sister and I love her even if I don't like her. So yes, I mean it, it's good to see you again."

Esk glowered.

"Shall I leave you to it then?" Web rose from his chair. "Or would you like to come get something to eat? I hear tell there's a cafe somewhere."

"I'm fine." Esk said automatically.

Web nodded. "Very well. Take care brother, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Try not to fret about your Captain, this is his battle to fight, not yours."

Esk shrugged. "Yeah... "

"I will, i'm sure, see you later. " Web bowed his head and left.

Esk watched him leave and sighed. Why DID he give a shit about the captain? Was it because this was, for the first time, a job he actually didn't hate and a crew he actually sort of.. almost.. liked? It wasn't the captain he cared about, it was losing all this.

He struggled to his feet. He had to try to find the captain, before he went to ruined everything.

flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:49 am

Dawn had left her room, wandering the halls a bit and thinking.
Starrnico

Character sheet
Name: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:02 am

"Yeah, let's." James smiled. "Holodeck, give us our horses!"

The horses shimmered into existence near the two, already wearing tack, and looking like they were the same ones James and Luka used last time.

~~
Ethan was heading out of the library, planning to leave Vestia for a bit to head to the capitol. He was a bit nervous that Kay might pounce on him in the hall, but he wasn't panicking about it, so that was good.

~~
Ellie was still totally babysitting dragons probably.
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:25 am

Dawn looked up and saw Ethan. She smiled and waved to him. "Hey Ethan"
Starrnico

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:29 am

Ethan started at the sound of someone addressing him, then reminded himself that that was a thing you expected in this ship. He nodded in greeting, "Hello, Dawn, where are you going?"
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:31 am

Dawn shrugged and glanced around. "Nowhere, I'm just wandering."
Starrnico

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:37 am

Ethan nodded. "Oh. Boredom, or relaxation?" Hey, being a librarian had made him nosy.
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:46 am

"Relaxation I guess." Dawn answered "I'm taking a break from my studying."
Starrnico

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:53 am

Matt was totally helping babysit, he loved babysitting.
When the dragons finally took a nap he finally could talk to Ellie about serious things. "Ellie.. listen.. i'm sorry I didn't tell you what was going on with Thalia and me. We didn't really want anyone knowing till we were okay with it ourselves. Esk guessed because he's annoying like that." He sighed.

---

Luka went to her horse and patted it on the neck before awkwardly mounting the saddle. "So where to?"
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:56 am

Ethan looked interested. "Medical studies, right? What are you planning to specialize in?" She probably wasn't going to learn everything, right? Then again, Dawn seemed to be a pretty motivated girl. You never knew.

~~
"It's okay, I get it," Ellie said, smiling up at Matt. "If you told me, Kay would overhear it in my brain in ten seconds. And anyway, it is a big thing to get used to. I'd freak if I was pregnant."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:01 am

Dawn shrugged again at that question "I don't know, probably just stick to general practice. A little bit of everything"
Starrnico

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum