Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hytar's Ship

4 posters

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

Hytar's Ship Empty Hytar's Ship

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:27 am

Vicky was busy setting up her quarters, after some negotiations and the like she had join Hytar group for a while. Busily she set up her gaming system, though knew since the new upgrade she wouldn't be playing all night. While many races found sleep annoying she found it delightful being able to do it now.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hytar's Ship Empty Re: Hytar's Ship

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:03 am

While Vicky's own destination had been part of the negotiations, Hytar flatly refused to go somewhere like an important information repository with the current team. Saira would try to hack any system she came across, Eleven would probably start a fight and Toby would undoubtedly make a scene.

So they were heading back to Hytar's "base of operations" to drop them off, take a breather and consider the trip.

Hytar wasn't about to pass up the opportunity to access the archives after all, Information was valuable and there was a certain debt he really should be getting back to researching.

Lope, the pilot, spent half his time actually flying the ship and the rest of that time being overly nice to the new recruit.

The girls mostly ignored Vicky, Saira in particular seemed to regard her with the same level of disdain she had for all living things and Toby just didn't like to talk much. She spent most of her time shying away from physical contact, glaring and finding small hideyholes to crawl into and sleep. Like all Felid, she liked to sleep.

Eleven was moderately friendly, in their own way. The young gargoyle didn't have much in the way of social grace but at least they weren't hostile.

After several days cooped up together, they were likely all relieved when Lope came over the intercom to declare they were making their approach and should be landing soon.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:07 am

Vicky listened and grunted as she got up. She didn't go overtly out of her way to befriend the femme side of the crew other then to establish contact and ensure as a crew they wouldn't murder each other in their sleep. She fumbled to put her shoes on (and this funny thing called a shirt) before heading out to go see where everyone was congregating. She had her hair pulled up in a messy pony tail and really didn't seem to care about her looks at the moment.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:31 am

Saira was mucking about on her tablet and didn't even look up when Vicky came into the main crew area.
Toby was nowhere in sight as usual. She'd probably crawled into some small space and hadn't even acknowledged the annoucement.

Eleven was strapping in for landing. "you might wanna get tied in. He's shit at landing this bird."

Hytar and his valet,the small fire shrouded Abner came in. "Oncssse we land, I want you to come with me." Hytar told Vicky.

"oh goodie, the tour." Eleven snorted. "You'll get the big ol' list of rules."

Hytar shot Eleven a shut up glower.

Eleven shut up.

"Get ssstrapped in, we'll be landing ssssoon." Hytar indicated the others do the same.

Saira begrudgingly tromped over and strapped into a chair.

"Where'ssss Tobiasss?" Hytar demanded.

"Who the hell knows, probably hiding with the luggage or something." Saira shrugged.

"You were sssuppossed to keep an eye on her."

"Where's she gonna go? It's a small ship." Saira retorted. "if she gets thrown into a wall because she's too stubborn to come strap in that's her damn problem."

Hytar smirked. "Ssstill." He got onto the intercom. "Tobiassss, lasssst chance, we're landing."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:51 am

Vicky nodded and strapped in, "Can't be no worse then landing in the rattle bucket my old captain had." She found eleven amusing. "Well I gave him the tours and rules of my place guess it fair payback.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:02 am

Hytar smirked and strapped in as the landing thrusters engaged, rattling the whole ship as Lope came down fast.

Maybe he was just excited to be home at last. Maybe it was because trying to land on an asteroid through a small hole in the shielding was actually pretty dang difficult, or maybe Eleven was right and Lope just sucked at landing in any way other than hard. Whatever the case, it was a turbulent landing and somewhere down the hall they'd hear a YOWL and a loud thud as Toby was thrown out of whatever overhead storage compartment she'd been sleeping in.

Eleven and Saira exchanged glances, then the gargoyle burst into laughter.

"FUCK YOU I can hear that!" Toby yelled.

The engines shut off as they hit the tarmac with a final thud and Toby came limping into the main crew area, fur ruffled and tail swishing angrily.

This just made Eleven laugh more.
Saira looked like she was trying very hard to keep a straight face as well.

"You were warned." Hytar pointed out cooly.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:05 am

Vicky smirked but wisely kept her poker face on as she unbuckled. "at least you didn't land in water." She innocently commented while standing.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:15 am

Toby growled, ears flattened she started to smooth her rumpled fur.

"We're here ladies and gentlemen, please lock your tray tables and be be careful opening the overhead lockers, some luggage may have shifted in transit" Lope crackled over the intercom.

Eleven rolled their eyes. "He's not nearly as funny as he thinks he is."

"He's not funny at all." Saira unbuckled and went to get her stuff.

Hytar sent his valet to get his things while he went to talk to the pilot.

Soon enough they'd be ready to disembark, the door unlatched with a pull of a lever and they'd be lead by the valet Abner out onto the runway where a rather nice truck waited to pick them up.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:21 am

Vicky would follow, carying a over night bag she looked at the truck with curiousity. She would let them board before taking whatever seat leftover.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:48 am

"It isn't far." Lope assured Vicky as the truck started off down the well paved road.
They passed through another gate at which point the barren landscape gave way to the lush green of what seemed to be some sort of country estate.
The gardens stretched around them, manicured and landscaped. People were dotted here and there working, planting, raking, mowing. They continued down the long winding drive toward the manor itself, a large stone building that looked far older than it probably was. Certainly the whole place seemed completely out of place situated on a remote otherwise desolate rock like this.

The truck parked up outside and everyone got out. Hytar lead the way up the stairs to the large double doors where a man in a well tailored suit was waiting to open them for the group.

"Welcome home sir." The doorman bowed his head.

Hytar nodded back. "Have you got our new guesssst'sss room prepared?"

"Yes sir."

"good." Hytar swept into the foyer and turned back to the group. "My officssse issss down the hall." He told Vicky, waving a hand to dismiss the others who scattered to go their own separate ways.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:50 am

She nodded at lope and studied the layout, pulling out old habits ands just study. She waited for others to leave before speaking, "not a bad place. I'm assuming the office is where you do the power point of the rules?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:00 am

Hytar chuckled. "No pressssentationsss or anything sssso goache i'm afraid. But it'sss the bessst place to ssstart a tour." He started walking. "In general, if i'm in my officssse, do not disssturb me unlessss it'ssss critically important. No matter what you hear, do not enter without my expressss permissssion do you underssstand?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:03 am

"I figure that much, any one who knows me that unless you knock and prewarn me I will throw daggers in defense." Vicky shrugged, looking around as she gathered info of the layout. "Though, I'm highly doubtful I will have any reason to bother you."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:41 am

"good." Hytar opened the door to his office, a large room with a fireplace, swords hung above the mantle and a large dark oak desk to one side. Bookshelves lined the walls in multiple languages, most of them appeared to be law books, a few reference books and some on demonology and magic?
She might notice there was some sort of rune carved into the stone above the door and a large rug covered the tiled floor.

Tapestries hung on one of the walls that wasn't given over to bookshelves, but looking at them for any period of time had a strange effect, they seemed to move, twisting and writhing and filling the viewer with unease. There was something seriously wrong with those things, but putting your finger on precisely WHAT would likely result in losing your mind long before you worked it out.

"The entire placssse is warded and heavily guarded, ssso you need not worry about sssecurity. If you come acrossss an attractive redhead woman with a manic gleam in her eye and a murderousss aura, give her a wide berth. Ssshe ssshowssss up periodically, sssshe'ssss no real threat to the ssstaff provided they leave her alone. " He smirked and went to the desk to put something away in a drawer, it was probably the contract Vicky had signed.

"My rulessss here are sssimple. Be ressspectful, try not to break anything, and keep perssssonal drama to a minimum. I don't much care what you do with your free time, provided you don't disssturb me or harm anyone elssse. Treat the ssstaff with curtosssy and consssideration, they are not ssservantsss and sssshall not be treated asss sssuch. You are free to explore the groundsss and I encourage you to do sssso, the essstate is large and a working knowledge of where thingssss are will ssserve you well. If a door issss locked, it issss locked for a reasssson, pleassse don't go picking locksss. I only ssssay thisss because a few of my other recruitsss have been inssatiably curioussss and I really don't much care to have to pay for repairssss to your body becaussse ssssomeone ventured sssomewhere they sssshould not have. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:50 am

She nodded, "Fair enough, and don't worry I don't see getting into things unless paid to." She studied the room in a brief but methodical manner. That was really her job in a way, to see what threats could be in a room and know where the escape routes are. "I will probably open up a personal secure channel, I don't recommend any one hacking into it for their own longevity."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:56 am

"sssso long assss it's sssecure and cannot be linked back to here, ssspeak to one of the tech guysss, they can help you get through the ssssignal blockssss." He smiled suddenly and pulled a key from a drawer. "I'll ssshow you your room"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:32 am

Vicky nodded, "I ensure that anywhere I go, no need to make oneself a target." She remarked watching him take the key out with slight curiousity

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:12 pm

It looked like a normal key, the old fashioned kind. "Mossst people thessse daysss have forgotten how to pick a real lock, rely on technology to hack electronicssss insssstead. " He handed her the key, it was metal and shaped like an old fashioned key but had little magnets embedded at regular intervals as well as multiple jagged teeth on both edges. He lead the way out into the foyer again and up a grand oak staircase.

On the landing someone or something watched them from the shadows.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:35 pm

She grinned, "You never had a assassin under your roof then." She took it and followed, her eyes abssntly searching to see who was watching them.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:56 pm

Hytar smirked. "Perhapsss not from your guild, but I have an ex who lovesss to sssend little... giftssss every sssso often. Ssspeaking of which, if you sssee an angry looking redhead with murder in her eyessss, jusssst give her a wide berth. Sssshe'll burn herssself out fairly quickly. If you sssee one of her demon huntersss, feel free to pin them to a wall with ssssomething sssharp and fetch me. They're fairly eassssy to sssspot, they're ussssually yelling ssssomething about foul fiendsss and righteoussssness. " He sounded as if that bored him. He glanced to the four sets of eyes watching them from the darkness.

"Now Ivor, sssskulking in ssshadowsss issss sssomething I expect from your ssssister, but from you? Ssshe's a bad influence." He smirked.

The figure moved into the light, it was a young, willowy, dark haired man with ruddy skin and eyes the colour of dried blood. Perched on his shoulder sat a stern looking black bird with a flash of brown feathers in each wing. It regarded them coldly with red, twin pupiled eyes.

"Vicky, Ivor and Ssssilencssse. " He indicated the pair. "Vicky will be working for usss for the time being." He explained to the pair.

The boy nodded and stared a little too long before speaking at last. He had a thick accent that sounded, nordic? "Good to meet you." He mumbled.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:03 pm

"How many bones can I break before it too 'cruel'?" She inquired innocently. She looked at the two and nodded in greeting, "same to you." Admittedly the cyborg was waiting for someone to ask if they are sleeping together.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Hytar laughed heartily. "mm, i'll leave that to your dissscression. Jussst leave ssssomething to sssend back."

Ivor just stared at Vicky.

"Ivor..." Hytar warned.

The boy turned his attention back to Hytar. "Yes sir?"

"you're doing it again." Hytar told him.

Ivor ducked his head. "I'm sorry. She thinks loudly." He complained.

"He'sss ssstill ssstruggling to control hissss telepathy." Hytar explained. "When I found him he wasss a barely coherent babbling messss going on about all the voicsssessss. "

"i'm much better now." Ivor smiled strangely.

Hytar didn't look convinced. "Hisss family had him committed."

"I escaped." Ivor added cheerfully.

"The poor boy issss quite insssane, but he'sss not dangerousss. If you feel him probing around your head, jussst remind him of persssonal ssspace will you?" Hytar looked to the bird. "You're sssuppossed to be training him."

The bird ruffled their feathers and looked haughty.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Vicky blinked, "My blocks were down?" She asked, somewhat dryly as Ivor may suddenly feel a sharp pain as he got kicked out of head. "Forgive me, normally I am mentally guarded for reasons." She listened and shrugged, "Should see the lot that joins the guild, he probably more sane then some."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:47 pm

The boy cried out and clutched his head, whimpering.

"now now, wassss that really neccisary?" Hytar sighed.

The bird took flight and fluttered over to the banister where it glared daggers at vicky.

"bad... bad... " The boy started muttering to himself. He didn't seem to use his left arm much, he kept it held to his chest as he shook his head repeatedly.

"Asss I sssaid, completely insssane." Hytar continued cooly. "Sssilence, tend to your brother." He guided Vicky away from the pair and toward a hallway. "You'll find rather an unfortunate number of the people here are ssssomewhat damaged. They have their usssesss though, ssso they sssstay. Usssually I wouldn't tolerate sssuch a lunatic under my roof, but he hasss information locked somewhere in that deranged little head of hissss I want." he explained calmly. "Do try not to provoke them, he'ssss not much of a threat, but hissss ssssissster may take it into her head to protect him and i'd ssssooner not have to clean blood out the carpetsss."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:59 pm

"I don't take well with people roaming in my head." She responded and nodded, "Alright, I'll keep that in mind as I interact with them."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next