First topic message reminder :

(Day 11 I think)

Last edited by Kooshie on Wed May 10, 2017 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Nineteen

Post by Kooshie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:16 am

Armin would find James near one of the teleporters, preparing to go up to the upper levels.

Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 am

Kay nodded. [I'll be fine.] he wrote again, more trying to convince himself. He hated full moons, they sucked but logically nothing should happen,. they were nice and far away from it all right? still, not knowing made him apprehensive.

Esk rolled his eyes. "come on." He started walking toward the brig.

[See you in the morning.] Kay waved to Asher, hesitating for a moment before hurrying after his brother,

---

Armin bowed his head to james. "People are looking for you my friend. You are not joining us?"

flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet
Name: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:23 am

Asher smiled weakly as Kay headed off with Esk. He shouldn't worry so much, ugh.

Oh well.

He headed off to find the baby dragons.

~~
James waved in greeting to Armin. "Hey, man. Yeah, I'm not sure I want to. Luka got attacked by those minotaurs today and I kinda don't want to leave the ship without her. Also werewolves are out there."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Heny on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:26 am

Acus would find his crew hiding, which as he listen to james he arched a brow but let them finish speaking before he said a thing.
Lord Heny
Admin

http://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:29 am

Armin bowed his head to Acus as well. "Perhaps we should speak to her, a great many people will be going, and we will keep her safe from minotaurs. It would be a shame to miss out on a celebration because of the actions and prejudice of a small group of strangers would it not?"
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:32 am

"She's in no state to party," James said, "She's seriously sick of the Guild and their racism, and who can blame her? She's a satare, and they hate satare here. You should've heard them muttering about her after the minotaurs attacked." He looked up at Acus. "Oh... hey, Captain."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Heny on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:33 am

"Honestly I find it amusing my pilot is busy hiding herself instead of showing the bravo I know she has." Acus commented with a shrug, "I plan on going, if my crew desire to follow me they can but as captain I must make a example."
Lord Heny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:39 am

Armin nodded to Acus. "Shall we try to convince the others to join us then? "
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Heny on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:42 am

"One may try but one doesn't always succeed." He said with a sigh, "trust me james, if they knew my history Luka would be viewed as a angel I suspect."
Lord Heny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:43 am

"Put yourself in her shoes for a moment," James said to Acus, "Luka's a satare, she spent her life around people who look like her and think a lot like her, so she isn't used to this. She's in an alien environment where people hate the empire she grew up knowing and loving, and by extension they hate her as well, and it's exhausting for her. And she's still a teenager, so it sucks even more." He sighed, "She's my friend, she's tired, she needs a break."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Heny on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:48 am

Acus shrugged, "Very well. I have my own experiences that I will not drag into this conversation, do I believe perhaps showing she is different could help? Yes, but I come also from a planet that is, "He paused, "was still into the mind set one is to be judge by their family of birth, no matter what you did to prove them wrong so I can relate on that aspect of fear."
Lord Heny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:58 am

Armin looked sympathetic. "The Vavare are often feared for how we appear, many races unfamiliar with our race can react violently thinking us monsters. From a young age we are taught to understand this, that people do not act out of malice, but rather out of ignorance. We must attempt to prove their preconceptions wrong, for nothing will ever change if we simply hide away. " He bowed his head. "If you think she would prefer to be left alone then so be it, I will not harass her. But I would hope she would not allow the bigotry of a few dictate her freedom in this place. It is not right that one should feel shunned in a place supposed to be so accepting. "
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:01 am

Moone and Skye were playing with the baby dragons and chicks in the nursery on the ship. They had plenty of pillows for when the dragons wanted to go to sleep, but currently had a nice kids movie playing for them.
Starrnico

Character sheet
Name: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:10 am

James sighed. "She's brave and strong, and she wants to prove them wrong, but that's a big task for one girl who's so far from home." He considered, "I guess i can't speak for her, if you want to talk to her you can, but she sure seems sick of this, and I'm not willing to go if she isn't."

~~
Asher knocked on the door and came into the nursery. "Sorry I was gone so long," he said apologetically, "I hope you two have been all right?"
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:52 am

"you are a good and loyal friend James." Armin reached out to put a hand on James' shoulder. "We are all most fortunate to have you."
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:57 am

Skye looked over to him and smiled then chuckled as Danika ran over calling "Dad, dad" Skye chuckled again. "We have been doing fine."
Starrnico

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:51 am

James smiled softly. "Thanks, man."

~~
Asher couldn't help but smile at Danika's greeting. Being called Dad by that little dragon never got old. He picked her up gently. "Hello Danika," he told her. "What have you guys been doing?" He asked.
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:31 pm

"Watch movie." Danika answered and grinned at Asher, cuddling into his hold.
Starrnico

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Heny on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:28 pm

The chicks were busy trying to 'establish' a pecking orde within their group...

---

Acus nodded, "I shall go speak to her." He said, moving into the cockpit he called out. "Luka?"
Lord Heny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:29 pm

Armin nodded. "good luck my friend."

---

Luka looked up, eugh, the captain. "Yes captain?" She sounded grumpy.
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Heny on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:35 pm

He smirked, "the last time I heard a female gave me that tone I ended up in the healing rooms of the temple." He carefully sat where they could see each other, "I heard your not going to the festival, may I ask why?" Acus held no judging tone, in fact he seemed almost understanding.
Lord Heny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Luka flinched. "I'm sure you've already been told all about the fight." She looked away, pausing her video. "you gonna order me to go?"
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Heny on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:46 pm

"No, but I would like to tell you a story. It may not change your mind but it may at least make you feel better." He said with a shrug.
Lord Heny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Luka sighed. "Of course sir." Pissed off though she was, she still had a grudging respect for Acus and the hierarchy.
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Heny on Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Acus leaned back, and took a deap breath before speaking. " once, there was a chick that hatched..differently. They were born with a rare condition that many of their kind never saw. Their parents, in fear of their child being isolated chose to hide the fact and made them hide the issue. Of course though as the chick grew up they were teased, bullied and treated differently. That chick wanted to give up, and they did for a very long time. Until, one day they met a friend who believed in them." He paused, shifting slightly, "even though it was scary at first, they started to accept who they were. Even leaving the temple that they met to change to who they were. This chick wouldn't of done it without that friend. Now, I don't know your full relationship on this crew... But maybe like that chick you'll find a friend to trust enough to prove those bullies wrong." He stood up, this story was about himself. Though it didn't tell the full truth. "Believe me when I say, that when a person believes in you that hatred of others die away."
Lord Heny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:17 pm

"With all due respect sir, the problem isn't believing in myself, the problem is a large group of extraordinarily powerful beings who seem to have it in for not just me but my entire race. And it's not just here, wherever I go i'm spat at, cursed, threatened. Why do you think I joined this crew? you were the only ones who would take me. If it wasn't some shit about being just a girl, it was flat out racism. " She sighed. "Today Esk got hurt because I'd had enough and didn't back down, he could have been killed. " She looked to Acus. "I'm tired of having to defend myself, my family, my entire culture. For all they claim to be inclusive here, today it... really didn't feel like it." She lowered her head. "I don't think i'm welcome, no, I know i'm not welcome, and it sucks. "
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Heny on Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:27 pm

"Unfortunately life sucks. Severely." He remarked, "And it won't get better, not unless we pick ourselves up. I am not going to force you to this party but I reccomend preparing for one day you'll have no choice but to confront those demons. I don't ever expect a crew member to act perfect, if that was the case I would of burn myself on a stake a long time ago. You'll be surprise on possible how close we are on experiences, unfortunately you had to grow up much quicker then I in this galaxy of dog eat dog. Would you like me to bring something back for you?" He asked.
Lord Heny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum