Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

5 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three - Page 40 Empty The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Man that's complicated. " Matt rubbed his head, yeah, that was enough to give anyone a headache. "He's got no moral high ground now though right? Because he's totally got a kid now."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three - Page 40 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 am

"The magic has an impact?" Web was curious. "i'm afraid biology and particularly pregnancy are not something I have much experience with." He smiled softly.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three - Page 40 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:46 am

She weakily smiled, "Yea, at least what little I know. I only known another one of my species that made it through full pregnacy so I have to base what going on by her experience." Thaila sighed, "We lost a lot of biological information when it comes to pregnacies."

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:49 am

"lost it?" Web frowned. How did you lose basic biological information? "I take it you're not a particularly common race then?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:51 am

She shook her head, "There.. Maybe fifty of us left. War and inter species fighting has lead to this." Thaila admitted, "if we weren't long lived we wouldn't be around at all."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:58 am

"wow... My people's numbers are dangerously low, but nothing on that." Web looked sympathetic. "You'll have to forgive my ignorance, Matt really hasn't told me an awful lot about any of you. He talks about people in his letters without any context or explanation of who they are, so a lot of the time I have to guess and fill in the blanks myself. " yeah Matt's scattered way of writing was damn frustrating. "I wasn't even aware our youngest brother was still traveling with you for instance." He smiled softly. "He talks about you a lot though. He's just never been one to bother with nitty gritty details."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:00 am

She chuckled, "Matt is a good main but sometimes spacey." Thaila grinned, "But I love him none the less, I can answer any questions you have of me if you like." She smiled.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:09 am

Web smiled softly. "I'll try not to grill you too much, it seems only fair that for every question I ask, you should be allowed to ask one of me no?" He chuckled softly. "Spacey? that's one way to put it I suppose. Certainly he seems to exist on a different plane to most of us much of the time."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:12 am

She grinned with a nodded, "Yea, but it nice also. And of course, fair play is fair play no? I heard, well honestly very little about you." She laughed.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:26 am

"I am certain there is a place somewhere where they serve grubs here," Tala said. "These people value multiculturality highly." She continued to wander out of the city center, looking for a park area to graze. Finding some grass and flowers, she broke the tops off a few to eat. "You are enjoying this place?"

~~
flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Hewitt shot Ethan a weird look. "you really are quite ignorant aren't you?" He rolled his eyes. "Aketi reproduce by touching hands, and while my seed bearing days are well behind me, i'd still sooner not do it thank you."
"Well how the hell would I know that?" Ethan muttered. He looked a bit grossed out, and maybe even less comfortable having Hewitt lean on him than he had been before. Which was irrational, he realized, but his mind was a pretty darn irrational place today. Thanks, Kay. "Right, so I guess handshakes aren't a thing with these guys," he told Sonata. "Good to know, I guess."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:28 am

"well at least we know it's not just me he doesn't tell things then." Web smiled softly.

---

Hewitt smirked at Ethan and continued to lean on him. "Precisely."

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:56 am

Thaila chuckled, "Yeah, it can be a but frustrating." Absently her eyes wandered around the square, "So...He sorta told me your a royal but never gave much detail."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:33 am

Web ducked his head. "it's.. a little complicated to explain." He admitted. "Uh..." yeah how did you explain it? "Okay going back millennia... there was a great cataclysm in the system, the stories refer to it as the coming of the second sun, something happened to one of the stars in the system, meaning what was a dim solar twin suddenly became much brighter, much fiercer. This lead to massive environmental damage as you can imagine, and entities who called themselves gods intervened, taking mortal form to guide the people through this. Another entity also intervened, Fate. Fate isn't a god, least, not a god as the Kevali understand them. She's something else entirely, something older and altogether more alien. " he shook his head. "Anyway, she didn't take mortal form, we don't think she actually can. Her grasp on this plane of existence is tenuous at best. So instead she took an emissary, a prophet to speak for her. His name was Vaali, and he lead the people underground to safety, away from the fury of the suns." Web hesitated, this was a long story but it was the easiest way to explain the whole thing. "Fate and Vaali had a deal, she would take as a vessel the first born son, down the generations to speak for her and to rule alongside the gods, who had by this point started to call themselves the High Council of Enlightened Elders." He snorted. "Gives you some idea of how insufferable they are. " He chuckled. "Anyway, Matt and I are direct descendants of Vaali, and as the elder brother, it falls to me to speak for Fate. My role is simultaneously political and religious, I am guided by Fate herself but I also have to use my own judgement in day to day rule. Our government is... fairly complicated as you can imagine. I don't think royal is quite the right term, but I can't think of any that would work instead. I am referred to as Ishvara, quite simply Lord, a term I don't think really quite translates effectively. I don't quite have the absolute power you'd expect from a true monarch." He smiled softly and looked apologetic. "I hope that explains it... as I said, it's incredibly complicated"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:38 am

She laughed, "You did pretty well honestly. I have heard of more complicated royal settings. Okay, what you want to ask me?" She grinned, then paused "so this means, technically our children could come back 'royal'?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:58 am

Web nodded. "technically. I mean, if I don't have any kids, when I die Matt inherits, and then any sons he has." He shook his head. "I can just imagine him yelling at me to hurry up and have kids and not die just so he doesn't have to go back to the underground." He laughed. "he hated it there..." He frowned, trying to think of what he wanted to know. "hmm, questions. Well uh, why don't you tell me a bit about your own race? You said you had magic? What sort?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:07 pm

"It uh... Varies. Like I am a telepath, a Shapeshifter and a pyro." She explained, "another keeper here has realm abilities. It honestly varies, though the base is shapeshifting, immortality, extreme healing and nearly impossible to kill." She shook her head.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:19 pm

"Realm abilities? What does that even mean?" Web asked. "You're immortal? Well that must make things difficult."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:36 pm

"Yea, jumping from realm to real that sorta stuff." Thaila nodded softly at the last part, "While I stay young Matthew will age... " she trailed off.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Web bowed his head. "Truthfully, as half breeds we have no idea what our lifespan may be. Satare live at most into their nineties, but Kevali can live well into their eighth century. Just most don't because of the environment, still it isn't unprecedented. " He shook his head. "Perhaps he'll end up somewhere in between, but I think it's unwise to focus on the length of time you have together, instead, try to make what short time you may have as good as you can. You never know how long anyone has, regardless of life spans. Things happen, external influences." He looked sad and averted his gaze. "I hope you have a very long time to enjoy one another's company."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:34 pm

She softly smiled, "Yea, no matter what the galaxy throw at us."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:39 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Matt actually laughed. "We used to get him to keep the fire going when we ran out of fuel."

Web nodded. "Sadly that's actually true. Matt even threatened to poke me with the fire poker if I let it get too cool."

Matt grinned. "I was such a jerk!"

"was?" Web smirked back.

Kelli managed to giggle, before looking back at where her brother was and gasping with a delighted smile. "Tin-Tin!"

Starrnico wrote:
"I agree, what the pack has done for your group is incredible." Starr said to Jason and smiled a little "You have created a new culture that has never existed before and have given hope to some that desperately needed that. Your Stormhowl has likely saved many lives and not just those of your own group."
Before Jason could say anything, a shadow loomed over the duo, and the boy turned before his ears flattened in awe. "Titanus..."

In front of them stood two, one was Lupa, her white and furry head held high as she stared down at the crying kid. The other, a great wolf, his fur shining like silver, as if he were a moving construction of fine metal rather than an organic beast, and he carried himself with regality of a nobleman, if a wolf could be a noble man, his tail waving like the flag of a nation. What's more was his size, standing at six feet tall at the shoulder.

Titanus' pack, the Pack of the Howling Storm Peaks, were dire wolves.

Titanus himself had eyes that nearly bled intelligence. Lupa's paw was on his shoulder. She stared at Starr. "He says he recognizes a Star-Maker when he sees one, and he recognizes the signifigance of your eyes."

Indeed, Titanus stared at Starr for a moment, and the tail lowered, bearing less of an authoritative threat. A recognizance of Starr's status.

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Hewitt shot Ethan a weird look. "you really are quite ignorant aren't you?" He rolled his eyes. "Aketi reproduce by touching hands, and while my seed bearing days are well behind me, i'd still sooner not do it thank you."

"Eeew!" Jay had overheard that, turning to look at the talking adults.

Kaleb had too. "Don't do it, Sonata! It's not worth it! He's not --!"

"K-Kaleb!" Sonata had to shut the kid up before she suddenly made a weird grinding noise at the back of her throat before she attempted to pass off the beginning of a giggle-fest as a cough. She composed herself, though the sides of her mouth twitched into smiles, "My apologies, professor. Where I come from, it's a sign of respective greeting."

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Swarm tilted their head. "the infection, it mutates, it changes." They explained.

"Shapeshifting illness also shapeshifter?" Mourn suggested.

Swarm nodded stiffly. "in a manner of speaking we suppose. A lot of strains, variations, some man made, some natural mutations. A dangerous thing to toy with." "Powerful weapon though." "so were nuclear bombs." "doesn't mean it's worth the risk."  They chattered to themselves.

"Mhm. Where the Druids come from, they tried to use it as a new form..." The wolf-man nodded.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Ethan relaxed a bit at Sonata's apparent amusement, although he still looked uncomfortable. He was so not in the mood to be leaned on by a guy with sex organs on his hands, okay? Not that he was going to complain about it. You don't complain about things like that, ever, it's always a bad idea.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:02 pm

"Mammals." Hewitt snorted derisively.

Amity extended a hand though. "Don't worry, i'm just a hologram." He told Sonata.

--

"Dumb idea." Mourn said matter of factly.

Swarm shrugged. "If they had gotten it right, it could have worked."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:09 pm

"So their archdruid said," The man agreed with Mourn, "But students do not always listen to their teachers."

~~~~~~

Sonata mimicked shaking a hand with Amity, saying her her greetings while giving Ethan a sideways glance. By her change of posture one could tell that she had picked up the droid's discomfort by his body language, and gave him a look that inquired his state of mind.

"What is so bad about mammals, might I ask, Professor?" Sonata gave Hewitt a calm look.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Kooshie wrote:"I am certain there is a place somewhere where they serve grubs here," Tala said. "These people value multiculturality highly." She continued to wander out of the city center, looking for a park area to graze. Finding some grass and flowers, she broke the tops off a few to eat. "You are enjoying this place?"

~~
"Well how the hell would I know that?" Ethan muttered. He looked a bit grossed out, and maybe even less comfortable having Hewitt lean on him than he had been before. Which was irrational, he realized, but his mind was a pretty darn irrational place today. Thanks, Kay. "Right, so I guess handshakes aren't a thing with these guys," he told Sonata. "Good to know, I guess."
"Its okay." He said with a shrug, "It not home and it filled with over powered assholes so..." He found a place to sit and eat. "We can only hope they'll help us or if not they'll burn first."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Ethan met Sonata's eyes, looking a bit unsure. He didn't really know how to get across what he was thinking, and explaining it out loud sounded like a bad idea at the moment. Bleh, stupid bad memories messing with his head, he knew he could tell Hewitt to find someone else to help him, or just get a wheelchair, but at the same time he couldn't spit it out.

~~
"You are not threatening them, are you?" Tala wiggled her ears in amusement at her joke.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:26 pm

Web nodded. "It's nice to see my brothers have all found someone, reassuring really. I always worry about them" He smiled softly. "I guess that's normal for older brothers though right?"

--

Perhaps surprisingly, Amity, despite being, as he claimed, a hologram, did manage to produce some simulation of something for her to shake. It was a tiny localized forcefield.
He gave Sonata a please don't get him started look.

Hewitt however, took the bait quite happily. "Oh let's see... you're squishy, you smell bad, you secrete all manner of ... fluids..." He shuddered.

"I don't think you need to continue sir." Amity attempted.

Hewitt waved a hand and continued "You're full of foul smelling, disgusting looking goop, frightfully fragile and susceptible to death from something as simple as losing a limb! And as a general rule, seem utterly preoccupied with reproducing and creating MORE disgusting squishy oozing creatures." He smirked. "but other than that, nothing at all."

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40