The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Man that's complicated. " Matt rubbed his head, yeah, that was enough to give anyone a headache. "He's got no moral high ground now though right? Because he's totally got a kid now."
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet
Name: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt

Back to top Go down

Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by Kooshie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:21 pm

Ellie grinned. "Temporary hair color change? Sure thing!" She was a bit nervous about the wolves still, but they seemed fine right now. So yay to that! "Do you guys magic these yourselves?"

Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:23 pm

"Hello! I'm Kelli, what's your name?" The wolf pup seemed happy to speak to Starr as well.

Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:25 pm

"Contact telepathy?" Web asked, curious. "Fascinating."

"So they taught her how to be... a super smart wolf person?" Matt asked. Was that even how it worked? He had no idea. Honestly he'd kinda avoided learning too much about Lycanthropy, it was just horrifying.

"They're infected?" Web asked.

Matt nodded. "yeah but like.. differently. I dunno man, they're magic creatures so it works different. Doesn't seem to make em as crazy."

"hmm." Whatever Web was thinking, he kept it to himself. Folding his hands one over the other and watching the children kindly.

--

"Different how?" Mourn asked bluntly.

"The different ways in which this infection takes hold of different species is quite fascinating. " Swarm remarked. "Quite disturbing too" Some of them added. "Oh yes, but mostly fascinating. To adapt and change, the disease itself almost... changes form."

flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Heny on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:28 pm

Thaila would stay with Matthew not having much to say.
Lord Heny
Admin

http://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:45 pm

"They taught her how to be super smart as a wolf... and super calm, so she doesn't go crazy like normal infected. She then taught the rest of the Stormhowl Pack. And now they all know how to keep calm -- through lots and lots of meditating! Or something." She stuck out her doggy tongue in thought. "I don't really know. I've never had to do it."

"We ARE NOT infected!" Jason sounded angered, glaring up at the two, before Kelli glowered at him again. "Stop it! It's only natural of them to think so! But... no. Well, sorta."

She turned back to look at them. "We were born like this. We have no other form. The only time the infection is on us is during full moons. And since biting and scratching is bad and wrong like Mom said, we don't do it. Best part, we never were crazy! Just us!" She grinned happily.

~~~~~~

"What color do you want?" The wolf asked, showing her a box of multicolored papers with thick furry paws. She seemed overly delighted that Eli spoke to her.

~~~~~~

"Well, I don't know much about it, but apparently the infection came to them from a crashed ship where one of the passengers had the disease. They didn't know and so the healers that worked with them died. All except one -- a druid. After having to put them down, the Druids got to thinking -- a wolf form like that was kind of powerful. They tried to recreate it safely but... like the first generation, it invoked rage. Sure the Druids were more lucid, but they were still infectious and animalistic. And so those Druids went around biting and gnashing and well... the epidemic was stopped after much death, I hear."

Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Quinn The Fox wrote:"Hello! I'm Kelli, what's your name?" The wolf pup seemed happy to speak to Starr as well.
"Starr" She answered and smiled at the pups. "Nice to meet you"
Starrnico

Character sheet
Name: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:57 pm

Ellie considered the options before choosing a blue one. "Is it just gonna like, automatically magic me to turn blue?" she asked as she picked it up.
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:03 pm

Shane stood by Ellie, looking at the papers curious on what it would do.
Starrnico

Character sheet
Name: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:03 pm

Mourn tilted his head.

"They tried to alter the disease to use it as a tool?" Swarm asked, fascinated by all this. "How did you contract it? How many forms are there?" they babbled as multiple voices tried to be heard.

---

Matt smiled softly. "It's okay man, nobody's gonna hurt you."

Web nodded. "You aren't hostile, we have no reason to treat you as such."

"these guys are natural born Anamcara." Matt told his brother. "Which is like.. super weird and awesome."

"I don't think I follow." Web admitted.

"Well, the people that run this place, the anamcara are magical beings created when two souls like... smoosh together or something. It's weird and a bit freaky, but it like.. gives them super powers while making them unable to have kids, I think. " He shrugged. "But then these guys came along." He paused, looking at the two thoughtfully. "Do you guys only have one soul then?"

"They are created via soul unity?" Web asked.

"Well yeah I guess. Sometimes lovers, sometimes just random people. Man, we met two who merged with their dogs."

Web looked totally bewildered.

"Hey look, they'll probably tell you all about it if you ask one of them. they're not really that funny about answering questions like that." Matt smiled.

"I'm not convinced that would be entirely appropriate or polite." Web mused.

"Oh! Speaking of the dog girls, one of them will totally wanna meet you!"

Web frowned, looking suddenly wary.

"oh no it's nothing bad, she just was like.. really interested in the Sister Races." Matt explained hastily.

flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Ethan smiled oddly at Hewitt. "More like I'm using you as a shield to hide behind. I'm not nice enough to look out for you, Professor."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Hewitt laughed delightedly. "I knew there was a reason I liked you."

"I'm not convinced he'd make an overly efficient shield." Amity pointed out.

"That's not the point Amity. The point is, he's not going to take my shit." Hewitt grinned. "isn't that right Librarian?"
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Ethan looked pleased. "Definitely not. Besides, if I need a quick getaway, I can ask someone about their views on astrophysics, and then run away while you argue with them and tell them they're wrong."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:37 pm

"of course they're wrong! all their knowledge is based on mythical bullshit!" Hewitt retorted a little too loudly.
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Ethan winced at Hewitt's tone. "Wait until I need to escape, Professor. Don't start picking fights now."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Amity nodded. "He's right sir, you should try to enjoy yourself more ... productively."

"Ahh you're both ganging up on me now?" Hewitt grumbled but he looked like he really quite enjoyed all this attention. "Bloody robot solidarity, I see how it is."

flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:46 pm

"James tells me that robot solidarity is serious business here. We're just upholding our cultural values," Ethan said with a smirk, referring not so much to the Guild itself as to this universe as a whole. "Come on, let's people-watch and try to not think about stars and black holes for a while."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:26 am

Hewitt snorted but would follow Ethan.

Amity kept close. "Technically, i'm not a robot." He pointed out.
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:56 am

Ethan shrugged, "You're a non organic being built to serve, so what's the difference?"
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:37 am

Amity shrugged. "Usually robots have their own central processor and body, I am more of a program in that I can be transferred from body to body as required and my memories and experiences are not all entirely experienced by this specific drone."

"I believe the Hosts are more... a sort of hive mind." Hewitt mused. "I've never fully investigated their programming, but from my understanding, they all share memories."

"Only within the confines of the ship." Amity corrected "the company realized fairly rapidly that universal sharing of learned behaviors resulted in unwanted behaviors spreading rapidly and being far more difficult and expensive to eradicate. Wiping the databanks of one central processor and resetting all the hosts on one ship is substantially faster and cheaper than having to suspend all cruises and resorts to reset every single unit. "

Hewitt snickered. "Now that sounds like fun. Teaching the hosts bad things."

"You are not the first to do so sir, you will unlikely be the last." Amity told him placidly. "Once I am reset, behaviors determined to be undesirable will be erased and it is quite likely that after this experience, I will be completely reset to my defaults."
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:51 am

Ethan eyed Amity thoughtfully. "Surviving a crash, and experiencing life" he indicated the crowds and chaos with a glance around the street "here certainly is outside normal operating parameters. Seems a bit of a waste to wipe all that though. With Terran androids, we usually become more valuable as we age and pick up new experience, since it lets us better handle all sorts of situations." He smiled wryly, "Up to a point, at least. Then we're too much trouble and start getting defiant, and they reset us too. But something like knowledge about how to help someone out of a cruiseship crash, or how to address gendered species, sounds like a genuinely useful contribution to the hivemind."
Or maybe Ethan was just fond of the little drone. Who knew?
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:05 am

"An absolute waste." Hewitt agreed haughtily.

Amity smiled softly, he didn't seem at all concerned by it. "We're reset after every cruise, information and preferences of guests is uploaded to a server and saved, desirable traits maintained and reloaded when we're activated again. "

"Still a waste. I'm curious to see how far you can adapt." Hewitt mused.

"Why?" Amity asked.

"Just idle curiosity." Hewitt shrugged. "I know you can't get worried about your future, but i'd rather they didn't wipe your memory or worse, scrap you for being damaged."

"I'm just a program sir." Amity replied.

"Yes yes, but i'm used to you being around." Hewitt waved a hand dismissively.

"You'll ... miss me?" Amity tilted his head.

"In a manner of speaking I suppose."

"That isn't very pragmatic of you sir."

"Oh humour an old weed will ya?"

"As you wish sir." Amity bowed his head.
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:18 am

"Organics are ridiculously sentimental," Ethan said, as if James wasn't ridiculously sentimental too sometimes. "They get completely besotted with their space yachts, their houseplants, and drawings their kids gave them. Even their favorite service drones. You must know this Amity, you lived your life around old organic people."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:33 am

Hewitt laughed. "One of my coworkers hated anyone else touching his telescope."

"it doesn't mean it's at all reasonable." Amity protested.

"Deal with it." Hewitt told him.

"It is one of the reasons preferences and information is stored, continuity of care is important and a familiar face makes our guests feel more at ease. Even if we technically aren't the same individual drone, we look and act the same and that's enough. "

"We like familiarity." Hewitt shrugged.

"Yes sir, the cruise line is well aware of guest's sentimental attachments to their hosts, which is why we strive to provide familiar appearances to returning customers." Amity nodded to Ethan. "that doesn't mean it makes any sense to us though."

Hewitt cackled.
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Heny on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:37 am

Acus would wander the festival, keeping to himself as he observed the other crew's members enjoyed themselves. Though his guard was up as he looked around the area at all the guild members, he held this sinking feeling that Vestia's crew attempts to convince them to join this battle was useless. None the less he kept these thoughts to himself.
Lord Heny
Admin

http://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:39 am

Armin joined the festivities, looking around at all the lights and phosperescence happily. It reminded him of home.
flying_purple_monkfish

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:51 am

"Nice to meet you too, Miz' Starr." Kelli nodded back eagerly before clinching as her brother harshly scoffed at the group, "Yeah, well last time someone said they weren't gonna hurt us they did, so good luck making me believe that."

Kelli glared at him angrily, turning on him, "Jason, what's wrong with you! They haven't even done anything!"

"I'll tell you what they've done! They're friends with that... with that... OTHER infected! The one everyone is saying that made a scene and has made nasty faces and words at the pack!" Jason suddenly growled, turning on his sister as well. "The Pack has tried so hard to rise above what everyone thinks of them and someone like that comes along? He probably undid some of Lupa's work -- scratch that, he DID! That epsilon was barred from coming tonight because he got angry! You can smell him on them! We can't trust them! They were lying, just like the rest of them." Jason's words of fury began to sound pained at the end, and he wilted, "Don't you get it? The Stormhowl will never have any true friends outside the Pack--"

"That's not true and you know it." Kelli's eyes have started to water up. The two seemed to have forgotten they were in public. "We weren't there. We don't know what happened. Maybe he did be mean, and maybe he didn't. But Lupa told us to judge with our heart, not with our noses. And that's what I'm gonna do. You're being unfair!"

Jason paused a bit, staring at his sister before glaring at the group and stomping off. Kelli came back to her senses and quickly wiped her tears away. "Sorry... t-to answer your question, as far as I know, we only have one soul..." Kelli continued to rub her eyes and hide her face, not wanting to ruin the occasion more than it already was.

~~~~~~

"Mhm. The high elves tried to use it as a tool -- and failed miserably. Me? I got bit one night by one of the beasts that was ravaging a nearby herd of deer and was upsetting the balance of the forest I lived in. One of the wood nymphs got bit too, but she's staying home tonight." The wolf looked at Swarm. "Do you mean Druidic forms?"

~~~~~~

To answer Ellie's question, her hair suddenly turned a dazzling sapphire. "It stays on until you either rip the paper or drop it." The wolf explained.
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 am

Ethan snorted. "It's an ancient instinct from the prehistoric era. The organics evolved to hoard things, in case they were useful later. Now they just get attached to everything." Not that he knew much about biology, but it sounded good.

~~
Tala went over to Acus. "Greetings, Captain!" She slapped him on the shoulder in a friendly way.

~~
Ellie squeaked in surprise, but then looked delighted. "So I don't need to hold it in my hand the whole time, right?" She looked at the paper, "This is amazing."
Kooshie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum