Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

5 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three - Page 4 Empty The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Man that's complicated. " Matt rubbed his head, yeah, that was enough to give anyone a headache. "He's got no moral high ground now though right? Because he's totally got a kid now."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three - Page 4 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by Kooshie Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:36 pm

"Yes, let's go home," Asher agreed. "There are things to attend to, and at some point we can put Danika to bed and you can get some free time." He thought Kay could probably use some more time away from Danika, even if he did like her. This was all just so new.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three - Page 4 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Kay smiled softly. [Today has been a very strange day.]
They'd head back to the ship.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:02 am

Mandeep chuckled. "So it seems. I've only seen one type of baby dragons. The hatchling wind serpents that Chou and Akari take care of together..." He suddenly frowned, "I haven't seen them in some time, come to think..."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:13 am

"the serpents or Chou and Akari?" Matt looked back at Mandeep. He had no idea who these people were. "or all of them?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Mandeep. "The serpents. Chou was the fox woman that introduced us. Akari is one of her crewmates. Akari dreams of going off and exploring the galaxy but it's apparent that her culture is a bit... wary of reaching out to the other species after what had apparently happened last time..." He frowned, "Don't ask me what happened last time. They seemed uncomfortable to tell me, so I didn't pry."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:48 pm

"Has Chou come to see you since you recovered?" Matt asked softly. She'd seemed awfully worried about him.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:52 pm

"Once, yes, but being a ship maiden someone has to keep their scouting ship clean. I think she said one of the Pilot Brothers would come to visit in her stead later tonight when they had the time."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Matt smiled. "Well that's nice. Sounds like you made some friends." He did sound genuinely pleased about that. "oh!" He spotted some insects. "Swarm!" He called.

the insects pooled into a solid humanoid form and stared at him. "You again?" They asked.

Matt grinned. "Yeah me again. How's it going?"

The swarm tilted their head. "We do not believe you came to speak to us specifically. What are you seeking half breed?"

"Oh now that's just rude." Matt didn't look offended. "You seen Kasi?"

The Swarm managed something that almost sounded like a sigh. "He is playing with the whale exhibit." The told him.

Matt looked amused. "uh.. so where's that?"

The swarm gestured.

"Cool. Thanks Swarm! Go back to uh.. whatever it is you do." Matt shook his head and lead Mandeep toward the whale exhibit. "That was a swarm." He explained. "That one's a jerk." He kept his voice down. "The one on our ship is much less uppity."

The Swarm scattered again as they left.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:16 pm

"Kitsune culture was overwhelming." Mandeep groaned, looking slightly uncomfortable, "They're adamant on hospitality and eat much fish. Rice is a staple and they live heavily in mountainous places... don't get me started on their festivals! And their Sky..."

He suddenly shuddered, "Their Sky... I know by instinct that's not how a sky should look..."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:19 pm

"What does their sky look like?" Matt asked, man, that reaction.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:23 pm

"It's forever dark... not, like, dark of a night sky, but an almost ghastly violet-red, from the mix of star debris in their atmosphere. You can see the stars from outside the nebula shine through it. And their August Celestials..."

He paled again. "I know they are of great importance, but seeing beings of such massive size float around the sky like that? They're three times the size of Asteroid Manifest in that form! And to see them as the world is caught in perpetual twilight... it makes me feel... hauntingly isolated."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Matt shuddered. "okay, that IS creepy. Like.. really super creepy. Must feel good to be away from there." Oh there was Kasi, playing about with an interactive exhibit about kelp.
"Kasi!" Matt called.

The Kalvair looked over. "Kanistha!" He spotted Mandeep and tilted his head, leaving the kelp to come over, the bells and hooks and other bits threaded through his hair, ears and clothing jingling as he walked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:33 pm

Mandeep nodded, "They were very kind people, if a little terrified that I appeared out of nowhere and seemed suspicious at first... But their sky..." He shuddered again and shook his head, looking over as Matt spotted Kasi, and promptly fell silent yet again.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:36 pm

"hey any kind of appearing out of nowhere's gotta be scary for people, both sides.. appearing somewhere weird and just..appearing. " Matt grinned to Kasi. "Hey Kasi, this is Mandeep."

Kasi tilted his head at Mandeep. "You are an outcast?" He looked slightly wary.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Mandeep seemed to narrow his eyes at Kasi at his question, before nodding quietly. "Yes..."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Kasi Bowed his head quickly. "you have found the Kanistha too then. Do you not find it strange that of all the places in the universe we would all end up here?"

Matt shrugged. "Not that weird, it's a haven for lost people right?"

"True. " Kasi smiled. "I like it here." He looked back to Mandeep. "How long have you been here? do you like the Guild? I've found everyone to be most polite, and there is so much to see"

Matt leaned over to Mandeep to whisper "He's a bit over enthusiastic about everything."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Mandeep seemed to nod slightly in agreement to Matt as he calmly, and suspiciously, answered Kasi's questions one after another. "I suppose. I do not understand how the kitsune found the Guild, but they have helped me very much. I've only been here... A few weeks I believe, but I've been bedridden. I have yet to see much outside of where I've walked. A friend of mine tells me it can be rather overwhelming."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Kasi nodded. "Very much so. When I first started to travel I thought I would never get used to all these strange people with their strange cultures and magics, but now? " He grinned broadly. "Your chair is very strange, is it magical? Can you not walk? what happened to you?"

Matt took a step back. Hmm, maybe this wasn't such a great idea. Kasi was pretty full on.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:24 pm

Mandeep's eyes narrowed more but he still seemed to hold his composure with dignity. His hands clenched into fists for a second as they wavered over his knees, like he was trying to hide their weak, knobby look. "... I got sick." He said curtly.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:26 pm

Kasi's smile faltered. "I am sorry to hear that. Are you better now?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:27 pm

"Better is subjective." Mandeep replied back calmly, his voice beginning to calm down again. The man appeared to be quick to reign in his emotions.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:33 pm

Kasi looked confused. He shrugged and smiled again. "you are up, mostly... and you do not look sick."

"Kasi? Why are you still here?" Matt asked suddenly.

"you mean here in the archive or the guild?" Kasi asked.

"the guild. You haven't found your crew?"

"They have not returned. The insects are keeping me company while we wait." Kasi sounded cheerful.

Matt glanced back at where the swarm had been. Mmm, explained why they were in such a mood.
"So you're just going to stay here until they get back?"

Kasi shrugged. "I will see what comes. I hear a lot of talk of trouble on the horizon, I do not think I wish to go back out there while there is some great horror lurking in the stars. Here is safe, or so the locals claim." His expression faltered. " I do hope the crew are alright out there."

"im sure they're fine." Matt tried to sound reassuring.

Kasi looked back at Mandeep, he looked like he desperately wanted to ask something but was trying to figure out the words.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:40 pm

Mandeep seemed to narrow his eyes into a cool glare again. "I have had difficulty walking on... on my own." His words caught in his throat, looking away in a sort of shameful anger.

He suddenly frowned, "How long have you been waiting for them?" He glanced at Mattias, giving him a look of confused contemplation, as if to say, You don't think...

That's when Mandeep noticed KAsi's look, and raised an eyebrow. "Yes?"

Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:48 pm

"I do not know, I lose track of time easily here. " Kasi admitted. " a few weeks?" He tilted his head at Mandeep again. "I have always wondered, what exactly do the outcasts actually DO to earn such punishment? What blasphemy did you commit?"

Matt frowned and shook his head. "You don't have to answer that."

Kasi frowned a little. "I do.. I do not mean to sound accusatory. I am merely curious. The Ishvara would not tell me when i asked, he told me it was not something I need concern myself with. I believe he feared that if he refused my request, I may seek to force the issue by provoking the Elders. " He smiled oddly. "I am not QUITE that mad."

Matt laughed. "yeah, not a good plan to piss those guys off. " he looked a bit guilty.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:52 pm

Mandeep's glare only grew more cold and more curt, his fists clenching up again. There was a small squeal as nearby fronds suddenly froze into crisps of frozen sea leaves, startling the woman who had been studying them at the time, staring.

"I questioned their validity." He repeated again, not wanting to go into details.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Kasi turned to look at the fronds, blinking. He nodded. "What did the Ishvara say?" He had no fear apparently.

Matt looked tense. "Knowing my brother, probably not a heck of a lot. He doesn't have nearly as much power as everyone thinks he does."

"The Elders had many years to grow accustomed to unopposed rule" Kasi pointed out. "they have grown used to getting their own way."

Matt's frown deepened.

"Of course, the Kalvair never really acknowledged the Elder's right to rule in the first place. As the story goes, the Elders themselves tried to stop the rebels from leaving all those centuries ago, but the Ishvara supported them and told them Fate would guide them. She did, and so we recognize her chosen vessel, but we do not believe the Elders are what they claim they are. Of course, to accept the rule of the Ishvara we must accept the say of the Elders as well, thankfully they mostly stay out of Kalvair affairs. They have spent so long underground, they do not understand our ways. it suits us well." Kasi shrugged.

"you talk about them as if you're still part of the community." Matt remarked softly.

Kasi smiled serenely. "I will always be Kalvair, a brand on my hand does not change that. The Kalvair were born of rebellion, what better way to honor that than through rebellion of my own?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:23 pm

«The elders are arrogant fools...» Mandeep muttered to himself as he went back to brooding thought by himself for a moment.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next