Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

4 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 39 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kay always tried so hard to be sensible and pragmatic. Asher had always loved that about him, and he loved it just as much now. He smiled softly. "No, you're definitely not alone in this."
He wasn't going to leave Kay to look after this little dragon alone. He'd gotten the guy into this situation, so now it was his job to do everything he could to help. Did that make him the other father here? Maybe. This was thoroughly confusing and he was going to need to think it over at some point. "If it wasn't already obvious, I'm here for you. Both of you," he said.

~~
Tala snorted weakly. "I do not like that butterfly well." She let Shane help her.

Last edited by Kooshie on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 39 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Kay hesitated, then knocked on the door.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen - Page 39 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Seventeen

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Starr woke, blinking at the door before calling out for them to come in. She wasn't going to move unless she had to right then, laying in her dragon form around the two babies

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:34 pm

Kay opened the door and bowed his head politely to Starr. [Sorry, did we wake you?] He looked apologetic.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:44 pm

Starr dipped her head a little "It has been a long day" She replied softly "How is Danika?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:52 pm

Asher smiled softly. "She's all right. Oiling her wing wasn't her favorite thing, but she seems to have forgiven us and is taking a nap now. Did bath time go okay?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:53 pm

[Sleeping.] He nodded We've decided it's probably better she keeps her wing unbound, so that she gets used to using it and holding it up. I'm hoping that given the rate at which they're growing, she will heal within a few days and it won't hurt anymore. of course, I don't really know. We just have to keep an eye on her and let her guide us on that front. He looked down at the little dragon fondly.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Starr chuckled and nodded "Yeah, they enjoyed it. I had to shift to not stay soaked for long" She looked fondly down at the two "They really liked splashing in the water, then swimming. Swimming is remarkably good exercise for their wings at this age." She said then looked to Kay as he spoke, nodding. "Yes, they do grow fast, so it wouldn't be a great stretch to think that they heal just as quickly."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:15 pm

Kay nodded. [If you wish to rest, we will leave you be. But I believe Danika would be better in your care this evening. She should spend time with her clutch mates, and with you.] He still felt a little guilty for depriving Starr of her child. Sure Starr seemed okay with it, but even so. She'd brought all three eggs across and prepared for three infants to care for, she'd had time to come to terms with the idea. There had to be at least a little disappointment to know she had missed one of their hatchings. Right?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Starr tilted her head then nodded and moved a leg to give him room to add the infant to the others. "Alright, You should get some rest too Kay." It couldn't be easy on him to have a daughter all of a sudden and have it be so close to the full moon here.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Kay nodded. I know. He gently extracted Danika from his pocket and hopefully could set her down without waking her.
I hope they let you get a decent amount of sleep. If you need anything, just call alright?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:25 pm

"If you need a babysitter, I'm on the list," Asher told Starr, smiling slightly at her. "You need your rest too."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Starr smiled at them, settling then laying a wing over the babies to keep them warm "I will call you or one of the others if I need a 'time out' for myself" She said with a soft chuckle. "Hopefully we can all get some rest.
Yeah, all three babies were sleeping deeply right now.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Kay smiled and nodded. Starr was a natural at this, it was beautiful.
Rest well Starr. And Kerr, Vela and Danika he thought.
He'd leave her to sleep. He needed to get some food, and then crash into bed himself. Man, what a day.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:37 pm

"Good night, Starr," Asher told her quietly.
He totally was going to follow Kay unless Kay shooed him off. He was still worried about the guy, oh my gosh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Kay didn't mind the company, though after carrying Danika around all day his shirt pocket felt oddly empty. What a weird feeling. He headed to the kitchens to make a sandwich and get a nice warm drink to wash it down with.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Starr watched them leave then curled up to sleep as long as she could with the three babies under her wing.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Asher even went with Kay to the kitchens despite the fact that that was so not somewhere he usually went. He kind of stayed out of the way and found some crumbs to clean up while Kay worked of finding food.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:53 pm

Kay smiled softly to Asher. [You really don't have to watch me eat if you'd rather not.] I mean, it was a bit awkward right?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:58 pm

Asher looked amused. "I can leave you alone if you want, but otherwise I'll stick around and be mildly annoying. I promise to not just stare at you though, regardless."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Kay looked amused. [Alright. I'll try not to eat obnoxiously or... something.] He put the tablet away, took his sandwich and his mug of cocoa and headed for one of the rec rooms because they had sofas he could collapse into okay?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:05 pm

"Then we have a deal," Asher said with a laugh. He mused as they headed to the rec room, hmm, he had some paper in his pocket. Maybe he should try to figure out how to draw dragons so he could teach the babies. That was better than staring awkwardly at Kay at least.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:14 pm

Kay settled down and actually didn't much seem to mind if Asher stared at him.
He hissed a little as he finally took the weight off his feet. Ow, he was going to feel all that walking in the morning for sure.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Asher glanced over worriedly at the sound. Poor Kay, foot pain was no joke. He'd be all right though. Foot pain wasn't usually more than a temporary inconvenience.
Asher sat down near him and focused on trying to find the pen and paper in his pocket. He really needed to clear his pockets out someday, if only all this stuff wasn't so useful!
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Kay ate quickly, he hadn't really fully appreciated how ravenously hungry he actually was.
He licked his fingers clean, picked up his mug and leaned into Asher to see what he was drawing.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:27 pm

Asher was fiddling with the piece of paper, trying to draw something that resembled a dragon. It looked... pretty much like a dragon, but he wasn't entirely sure how to figure out which lines were necessary and which were unnecessary, and he couldn't really draw except by directly copying from his memory either. So it looked... kinda weirdly line-y and not quite right. He glanced up at Kay and smiled sheepishly. "Not something I usually do, but the dragons seemed so interested in drawings," he explained.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:34 pm

Kay smiled and took out his tablet. [That's sweet. ] Asher was really getting into this wasn't he? [I'm sure they'll love it.] He rested his head on Asher's shoulder.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:42 pm

"I hope so," Asher looked amused. "Maybe I can teach them enough so that they'll get the idea, and then they can make art for us instead." He rested his head against Kay's, looking at his drawing with a small smile.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next