Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two

4 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two - Page 32 Empty The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two

Post by Starrnico Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Now we can find something for kids." Dawn said and moved to look around the place.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two - Page 32 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two

Post by Kooshie Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:39 am

"You suggested using Inari as a terrorist device," Tala said. "It is sensible, although I most certainly do not approve." She looked around at the room, "I suggest the followers be contained before the Family carry out their plan and slaughter Inari."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two - Page 32 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Two

Post by Quinn The Fox Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:03 pm

"Well, I can see why one wouldn't approve," Ares snickered deceptively, "It is a terror tactic."

The Inquisitors considered Tala's suggestion. "It is sensible, but... It's cold." Spinner said unhappily.

Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Tala flicked her ears at Spinner's concern. "I have no doubt you could find some way to soften the situation for the foxes. If you do not place them in labor camps, that would be a most excellent start. But what matters most is the protection of all the refugees here, not the sensitivities of a few."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Esk stared at the anamcara as she reeled off her observations, then started to laugh. "Observant aren't you?" He glanced back to the peacekeeper and decided he wasn't going to get anything else useful out of him.
"Esk." He told her flatly. "And you're wrong about one thing. I don't mind crowds, as long as they aren't bothering me." He didn't really mind sitting and people watching, on the outside looking in was where he was most comfortable. He smirked at the peacekeeper. "Watch you back." He started to walk, fully accepting the dog girl would probably follow him. These types always did.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:26 pm

"There's always something." Loyalty muttered. "Alright then, what are you out here for now, since you are walking?" She asked him casually, indeed following him as she absentmindedly telekenetically opened a book and began to study on the go. Her book had an image of the four elemental symbols used in her school with Entropic runes as the title.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:28 pm

"That is true." Spinner nodded, relaxing a little, "But it's unkind to put them in cells."

"Perhaps there's somewhere else more... outdoors-y for them to stay at." Ragnarok suggested, causing the others to go into thought again.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Esk snorted. Yep, figured. "To find my companion. " He paused and looked at Loyalty sternly. "Shit may be about to hit the fan and if she can't convince your oh so generous leaders to deal with the threat, a lot of people are going to die. Stupidly and pointlessly." He started walking again. "and given the caliber of their peacekeepers and the very real possibility someone on the inside is trying to cause a civil war among them anyway, well, yeah, it's gonna be messy. Funnily enough, I don't particularly like that level of chaos. It interferes with my important sitting around doing fuck all time." He smirked at her and picked up his pace.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:45 pm

"The Minotaur that went inside?" Looks like Esk and Tala had been watched before. "Our leaders are reasonable, if soft-hearted. I think the worst to happen is someone is going to complain about inhospitality. Though for someone that enjoys just doing 'fuck all'..." She suddenly floated in front of him and turned to face him, floating backwards as he walked. She studied his face, "Why do you care? Why don't you just board your ship and fly off?"
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Quinn The Fox wrote:"That is true." Spinner nodded, relaxing a little, "But it's unkind to put them in cells."

"Perhaps there's somewhere else more... outdoors-y for them to stay at." Ragnarok suggested, causing the others to go into thought again.
Tala shrugged. "I do not care where they go as long as they are not a risk to us. I am a soldier, not a babysitter."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:03 pm

He stopped walking again, and shrugged. "I'm a soldier, even a dishonorable discharge doesn't change that. " He told her. "We have loyalty drilled into us, and I made a promise with myself to keep my crew safe." And Acus had offered him a job doing precisely that. "Annoyingly, that means allying ourselves with the only people who might be able to help fight against the Family. If we just fly away, they'll find us, and when they're done enslaving and burning the galaxy, they'll come for the guild. " He shook his head. "I don't want those assholes to win. And I sure as hell have no intention of getting down on my knees and licking their boots or calling them gods. We're not hiding, we're here for two reasons. One to drop of the civilians on board who can't fight, sort of ruins that plan if they then get murdered just for being here doesn't it? and two, there's a hope we can convince the guild to start taking preemptive action. Maybe we'll get lucky and the family will strike here first, and give the guild a real reason to retaliate." He moved to walk around her now. "Soft hearted is exactly what i'm worried about. Too kind and gentle to do what actually has to be done to keep those they've agreed to give refuge to safe. The greater good has no time for sentiment and i'm pretty sure nobody's going to praise their kind hearts and good will while they're having their throats ripped out by insane unstable refugees who shouldn't have been walking free in the first place."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:46 am

"Perhaps so, but let's try to look from their perspective for a moment, Minotaur." Spinner began to explain gently.

"Imagine your kinsmen and home world. Imagine you have just been recently driven off and seek asylum at another's doorsteps. However because there's the idea because of your strength and culture that you could be dangerous, you are sent to more confined and less viable spaces.

"Now I understand they are vastly different, as the Followers pose a much greater, and much more real threat, but the idea remains the same. What good will it be to block them off if it will only breed resentment, which might prove more consequential than the initial fear? The Followers are strained at this moment. We must find a way to do this carefully rather than just force relocation upon them."

~~~~~~

"Huh..." Loyalty raised her eyebrows slightly, a change of expression from her otherwise bored and calculating one. "Not bad..."

She seemed to think on this for a moment. "I agree. And I also know you spoke to the Peacekeeper about our political allegiances... If you had to choose, which one do you think you would be?"
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:51 am

Tala shrugged. "If we were a risk, we would consent to be contained without argument." She really wasn't much good at empathy, and it showed. "Do as you see fit. If you would rather leave them free, my crew shall make an exodus from this land ourselves."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:55 am

"Minotaurs be minotaurs." Ares muttered, looking unimpressed with her level of empathy, or lack thereof, which earned him a glare from all of the Inquisitors in unison, because he had little room to speak.

"We do have intentions of relocating them. This is a very serious matter." Animus assured, "It's just the idea of where we have difficulty with..."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:58 am

Tala nodded. "Good. I do not believe I can assist in relocation, as I know little of the Guild's territory myself, and cannot offer meaningful suggestions." She ignored Ares' remark. She'd heard people say as much before, and it didn't bother her any more now than it had then.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:02 am

Esk shrugged. "I try to stay out of politics." He told her flatly.

---

Swarm formed near Tala, tilting their head at the inquisitors. "Is there anywhere only accessible by portal? Could evacuate, give over to followers. A Temporary home till the threat passes." "A prison is still a prison though?" "But if it is pleasant enough and it is explained, what does it matter they can't leave?" "would they consent?" "are they reasonable?" "what's more important, their freedom, or the safety of the other refugees the guild granted safe asylum to?" "Both surely can be accommodated? Would they wish to dwell within the city when they are more accustomed to the wilderness of Inari's realm?" They argued with themselves.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:27 am

"Everyone sensible usually does," Loyalty nodded sagely at Esk, "but I'm curious as to who you agree with."

~~~~~~

"We have many portals. It's just a problem of using up space..." Ragnarok thought out loud.

"We could request the Smiths and the Naturae Flora classes to terraform a chosen rock on the asteroid belt..."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:30 am

Tala wiggled her ears. "They would be delighted with such arrangements, no doubt." She looked at the Inquisitors, "If they have seen one of their own go insane, they would know the risks, and know well to consent to this until Inari is recovered or dies."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:31 am

Esk stared at her. "Why? So you can tell me how i'm wrong or that your view is better? I have no interest in a debate, especially not one about politics i'd rather not get involved in. The Guild's problems aren't my problem, all I care about is keeping my crew safe and removing the threat of the family right now."

---

Swarm nodded. "That could work. Create a habitat much like home, perhaps they won't want to leave." "what if they do?" "that could be problematic." "Can we keep them contained without resentment?" "We think honesty is the best option here, if they are told why they need to be contained perhaps they will be reasonable and realize it is a necessary precaution." "there is no reason to be cruel to them just because they are dangerous after all." "Maybe they should be involved in this discussion?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:49 am

"Not at all." Loyalty sounded almost bored. She began floating away, Esk suddenly being less and less interesting. "I just like reading through outside sources. Though I suppose you'd be a biased source. A shame..."

~~~~~~

"I believe Terraformation is the best option." The woman said, "We could start right away as someone goesnto inform the head of the Followers, Inari's Guardian. Minotaur, Swarm." She looked down at either of them, smiling, "I believe you have a Naturae Flora-User in your group, according to the transcripts. Perhaps she would like to join this expedition? It'd be a wonderful learning experience for her."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:56 am

"everyone's biased in some way." Esk reasoned dully. "you want my opinion? Declaring war on the universe and trying to force your moral code onto other societies will make you as bad, if not worse, than all those other fake gods out there. And you'll pay the price for interfering, either by being responsible for the slaughter of billions of people just for disagreeing with you, or by enraging the wrong group and aligning the universe against you. As soon as you step in and start throwing your weight around, others will retaliate. You'd throw the universe into war, and while it might unite a lot of races, it'll be uniting them against you. It'd be fucking moronic, and it would turn you all into hypocrites." He shrugged. "That what you wanted to hear?"
---

"Naurae flora-user, more commonly referred to as plant mages." Swarm nodded. "Yes, we do." "shall we go get her?" "where do you think she is?" "with the half Kevali." "But where is he?" They started to babble to one another, voices talking over each other. Finally they nodded. "We will find her. Where should we tell her to go?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:59 am

Tala looked mildly amused. "I believe my work here is done," she said. "Have a most excellent time."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:03 am

"Yes in some way, but who is more biased than others?" Loyalty pondered. She gave Esk another calculating stare as she stopped in her tracks, "Putting it that way does make it seem highly unethical. But I ask you: do you condone slavery?"

~~~~~~

"If she finds Arya, who is usually stationed on Asteroid Manifest, she can be addressed by the expedition from there." Animus suggested.

"May the Leylines guide your way." Ragnarok told Tala as the other bid her farewell.

"May time slow for you." Ares said boredly as he also waved Tala off, as if he were accustomed to doing empty polite gestures of farewell.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:05 am

"I'm Hexenfolke, what do YOU think?" Esk snorted.

---

"We do not trust him." Swarm indicated Ares. "Be wary." They nodded and scattered. Some going to find Ellie.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:06 am

Tala stood and bowed her head politely to the inquisitors and Ares, then headed out. She didn't seem to notice Ares' boredom.

~~
Ellie was with Matt looking at the trinket shop. They had picked up some great stuff to give Starr, yay.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:19 am

Swarm had scattered to search for Ellie and Matt. Some returned to Vestia to ask if they'd returned.
The rest explored the city.

--

Matt had managed to NOT steal any shiny dragon figurines yay!
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:21 am

Ellie grinned up at Matt. "Well this went well. New mom presents, and window shopping for lingerie! What do we do now?" She had been keeping an eye on him just in case. She hadn't seen him take a thing!
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:26 am

Matt shrugged. "I dunno, I have itchy fingers." He admitted. It was HARD not to pick things up and forget to put them down again. Bah. It was only the fear of what sort of punishments this place might dish out that made him think twice. And the last time he got arrested was still pretty fresh in his memory. Oops.
"you need any accessories for the festival? "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next