Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror: Vestia

3 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Mirror: Vestia Empty The Mirror: Vestia

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:09 pm

Asher nodded. "I'll be careful. Stay safe, and don't let anyone be too stupid." He'd head for the bridge.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

The Mirror: Vestia Empty Re: The Mirror: Vestia

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Kay looked bemused by that. [I think it's already too late for Matt.] He nodded and headed for the lab to make sure everyone was okay and were following the advice of staying together.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:27 pm

Once Asher reached the bridge, he logged into one of the control consoles and started typing busily, trying to find the configuration settings for the plumbing. This might take a bit, he hadn't modified plumbing settings before, and of course water didn't travel instantly from place to place.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Starr was on the bridge, waiting on word of what to do to get Vestia taken care of properly or if she would be able to keep the poor ship herself. Her Shane was standing guard over her.

Prime Starr was in the lab, she and Shane headed for the floor Web was on with some of the guards.

Andre, Rigel and Dawn headed to stay with Starr and Shane while Skye and Shawna stayed in the lab.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:46 pm

Asher glanced up at mirror Starr and Shane. "If anyone teleports in here, can you shield me?" he asked, "We have a teleporting fire elemental loose on the ship."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:48 pm

"Yes, do we need to move the ship to prevent teleporting?" Mirror Starr asked, looking away from the monitors. "He is melting the cameras."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:52 pm

"That might be wise," Asher said with a nod, eyes fixed on the computer screen as he worked. "Vestia, can you tell the crew so Matt will know not to teleport?"

"Leaving orbit, teleporting creatures should not use their powers at this time," Vestia declared to the passengers as her course was adjusted by someone and she left orbit.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:09 am

Matt would get to Web first, and froze at the sight of his twin brother's mad grin. Wierd, he didn't think he'd ever actually SEEN his brother smile like that before. It was creepy.

"AHAH!" Web's eyes lit up as he saw Matt.

Kaliyani cringed.

"Kaliyani! are you okay? He hasn't hurt you right?" Matt asked.

Web moved to block her from view, eyes narrowing and smile dying on his lips. "She is not your responsibility any longer Mattias. She is MINE."

"She's a person not property you psycho!" Matt protested.

"She serves me, as she should. " Web told him flatly. "Are you going to surrender and die with dignity this time?" he tilted his head.

Matt raised both hands defensively. "I'm not your brother."

Web laughed. "That doesn't even make sense."

"No, I mean it. Your twin ran off after getting shot a few times. I'm not him, it's complicated. "

"You really expect me to believe that Mattias? You can do better than this." Web raised his hands as well.

"Kaliyani get outta here!" Matt told her.

Kaliyani shook her head. "I must serve my Lord." She told him grimly.

Web looked smug. "My people are loyal brother, your attempts to turn her against me have failed."

Matt frowned. "Okay.. fine. you want me? Come get me!" He took off at a run, trying to lead the Ishvara back to the stairwells and lifts where no doubt backup would enter this floor from.

Web tutted and hurled a smokeless fireball after him lazily. "Come" He gestured to Kaliyani. "You hold him still, this should not take long." He stumbled a little as the ship began to move and hissed in annoyance.

Matt ran, feeling the searing heat of flame at his heels as he ducked around a corner. "Come on you bastard, set off the fire suppression systems...." He muttered to himself.

The Ishvara did not run, he strolled languidly down the corridor after Matt, Kaliyani trailing behind him. "I am getting bored Mattias. You are only prolonging the inevitable."

"That's what i'm good at right? Wasting your time! Come on, you can move faster than that!" Matt peeked around the corner.

He waited till Web was close, then started to run again.

Web just sighed and continued his slow pursuit. "This is tiresome brother. Why call me here if you wish only to run and hide like a rat?"

"Why should I make this easy for you?" Matt countered. He reached the lifts and waited, hoping some guards, anyone would show up to act as defense here.
He wasn't totally convinced he could hold Web off on his own.

"come on come on..." He hopped from foot to foot, feeling rather too exposed now.

The Ishvara rounded the corner and paused, a sedate smile on his face. "You are doomed brother, this is predestined, written in the stars. You shall die here, and i shall return to my courts free of your annoying presence."

"Yeah well i've never held much stock in Fate and Destiny." Matt glared. "There's one of you, and a whole ship of us. Armed to the teeth."

Web laughed and gestured to Kaliyani.

She nodded and raised one hand, focusing.

"Kaliyani no!" Matt yelled as vines sprouted from the ground and started to wind themselves around Matt's feet and ankles.
He struggled and kicked at them.
"I don't want to hurt you!"

"Forgive me..." Kaliyani murmured. "I must obey."

(this seems a good time for the cavalry to arrive don't you think? lol)

The guards would arrive at about this point.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:18 am

Starr and her guards showed up. She looked to Matt then made a blade to cut him free of the vines as the dragons formed a wall between them and Web "Stop this and listen, this Matt is from a mirror universe, he is not your brother here." Starr said quickly.

"Yeah, your brother in this universe ran away after I shot him for trying to escape us." Shane added then shifted to his dragon form
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:38 am

Asher got the plumbing to start working at around this point, shutting off water to places where it wasn't needed so that most of it could be sent toward where Matt was.

"Burst the pipes if you need water, it's okay," Vestia said quietly to Matt, "You should have some water available immediately and a lot more pretty soon."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:06 am

Web looked annoyed. "You have your minions lying for you as well Mattias? this is a new low."

Kaliyani continued to focus on the vines, which would try to wind around anyone attempting to cut them as well.

"For goodness sake Webster, STOP IT you lunatic. I'm not him and I don't want your damn throne! Think about it for just a second, who in their right damn mind wants to sit in a dark cave all day and rule over a dying race of people while a god rams visions into their skull!? COME ON" Matt snapped.

The Ishvara frowned, then shook his head rapidly. <<You're trying to confuse me Mattias, it won't work!>> He yelled in Satare.

<<Please just sit down, shut up and listen>> Matt pleaded back.

Webster glared, flames licking across both hands as he raised them. "You will not die with dignity, then you will die a coward, hiding behind your servants."

Kaliyani looked terrified, but she kept fighting back with those vines as she'd been instructed to.

Matt nodded to Vestia and outstretched one hand

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:17 am

"Minions?" Starr asked, turning to glare at Web "I am no one's servant or minion, I am the Princess of the Star Dragons and you will not refer to me as anyone's servant" Starr stated angrily, letting one of the other dragons take over cutting Matt free and any new plants that were growing "You will listen to the truth if I have to knock you out and put you in anti-magic cuffs to do so. We are not from this universe, we are from it's mirror counterpart. I can take you to see my mirror self to prove that if it is really needed to be proven beyond my word"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:30 am

"S.. starr.... I don't think he's really very uh.. sane. " Matt whispered. "And I don't think he's gonna listen to us."

"Aligned yourself with the Starr Dragons? You really think they can protect you brother?" Web tilted his head, looking at the line of guards.

"I dunno, but i'm pretty sure they can overpower you." Matt told his mirror's brother.

"Oh they can try." He smiled to Starr. "Princess, I outrank you. I shall refer to you as whatever I damn well please."
He straightened himself to his full height. "I am bored of this brother. "
He raised his hands and threw forth a gout of flames.

Matt wriggled free of the vines, hand still outstretched to pull the water from the pipes and direct it into the Ishvara.

Web was hit with the high pressure water, as was Kaliyani, both were thrown against the wall opposite which stopped both of their elemental abilities.

The plants stopped moving and just lay still.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:46 am

"Insane or not, he is still acting like an idiot" Starr said and shook her head then looked to Web and authorized the guards to shoot tranquilizers at him.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:47 am

Having her pipes burst open hurt, and Vestia had to shut off her audio to prevent herself from whimpering. Still, better than having this guy melt all her cameras. She didn't want him running all over her decks hurting her and her passengers.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:27 am

Matt would have felt bad had he known that actually hurt Vestia, but thankfully he remained oblivious.

Web let out a howl of annoyance as he scrambled to his feet, his glasses had been knocked off so he glared blindly in the vuage direction of his brother and hurled fire indiscriminately as they opened fire on him.

Matt countered this with a wall of ice to defend anyone in the path. freezing the water as it burst from the pipes. Which probably got in the way of the guards tranqs, oops? Still better than risking their fireproofness right?

Kaliyani screamed and crawled away, trying to take cover from all this.

"KALIYANI VIVEK" Web yelled. <<Get back here and BIND THEM!>>

She whimpered and obeyed, concentrating again on binding anyone she could.

<<Give up, maybe they'll go easy on you.>> Matt called in Satare.

<<So this was your plan? To draw me into your trap? I will succeed Mattias, I have Fate's blessing!>>

<<You're outnumbered and outgunned Ishvara, surrender!>> Matt continued.

<<Not until you're dead brother!>>

Damn lunatic, he was so convinced he had the protection of a god, he had absolutely no sense of self preservation left.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:46 am

"Stop" Starr called out then switched to Satare <<This is not helping anyone, he is not your brother from this universe.>>

Shane growled and slipped away, going around to tranq Kaliyani from behind to stop her helping and get her away from this lunatic.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:48 am

Asher hadn't realized that he might actually cause Vestia pain when he had thought of this idea. Had he not still been thoroughly disoriented from his prolonged makeout session with Kay, he might have thought of it and asked the ship whether she was okay with this idea of his. But no, a mixture of intoxicating emotional feedback that hadn't entirely faded, overwhelming worry for Matt's safety, and the fact that Vestia almost never showed any sign of pain at all and therefore it wasn't something he often considered, had kept him from even thinking of the idea.
He was definitely going to have some regrets once he had a few moments to realize what he had done.

~~
Vestia, pain quickly forgotten in the chaos, watched the fight through whichever cameras were still working, pretty fascinated by the magic she was witnessing.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:50 am

Kaliyani put up no fight, she was too distracted to notice Shane and fell easily into his arms as he tranquilized her.

<<Stop trying to confuse me!>> Web screamed, clutching at his head.

Matt let the ice melt and tried to keep the water from the pipes from continuing to gush everywhere.
"Please Webster... " He pleaded.

Web growled, noticing the sound behind him. "Do not touch my subjects!" He yelled, sending a gout of flame at Shane and Kaliyani in blind rage.

He was exposed now, an easy target.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:02 am

Shane quickly moved, going into the closest room to get the girl away from the flames. He might not have too much of a problem with fire, but she was not fireproof at all. He also made a bubble around them to keep them safe since he had to be in human form to carry her and that wasn't as safe for him.

Starr shook her head and grabbed one of the guards guns to shoot this Web. "He isn't your Web, he is this universe's Web.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:10 am

"I'm aware of that Starr!" Matt protested.

Esk showed up, took a quick stock of the situation and raised his gun.

Web whirled around in time to be shot by Starr.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:14 am

Starr watched Web, starting towards him once he was down, but being stopped by the guards so they could move forward to secure him first. She sighed and looked to Matt "You keep talking to him like he is your brother from our universe."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:21 am

"You don't have siblings do you Starr?" Matt huffed. "I don't expect you to understand."
He barged past the guards and took the cuffs, he'd do this himself thanks.

He stared at his brother's duplicate's face sadly. "I keep hoping there's part of HIM in there somewhere. And I know that's stupid, but I can't help it. "

Esk nodded and holstered his gun. "What do we do with him now?" He asked flatly.

"I dunno. I think.. I think we might have just inadvertently started a war." Matt sighed.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:23 am

"No, your mirror started a war by sending him here" Starr countered and came closer.

Shane stuck his head out of the room to check on things "We really need to find a safe place for this girl if he's wanting her." He said quietly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:41 am

"yeah good luck convincing anyone else of that." Matt shook his head and looked up at Shane. "Her name is Kaliyani, and I don't think he gives a damn about her. My double on the other hand... either way, keep her guarded. Please.. "
Matt stood up. "Esk's right, what do we do with him now?"

"If you send him home he'll just track you down." Esk pointed out.

"And he now thinks the Star Dragons and my duplicate are working together to usurp him. " Matt shook his head. "My double said he's already tried to convince him he doesn't want his throne, he's absolutely convinced he's lying. He won't believe a word we tell him. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next