Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vavaren

4 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Vavaren - Page 4 Empty Vavaren

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Vavaren - Page 4 Carboniferous_1

Vavaren is a richly forested planet with large bodies of water. It's cold, not cold enough for snow but cold enough for frost to form overnight. The oxygen levels are high.

There are no mammals, only lizards, insects, arachnids and some birds. Everything is huge.
Their oceans are populated by giant squids, immense fish and various other enormous and terrifying creatures of the deep.

The Vavare have built large webbed communes in the trees.

Visitors are not common, Vavare tend to do most of their business off world but those who visit are welcomed warmly.

Ships will dock at a small simple space port which is surrounded by their capital "city", if you can call it that.
It looks more like a vast marketplace.

Visitors are advised to wear rebreathers when leaving their ship, dress warm and to avoid any flames, sparks or static buildup.

Enjoy your stay honored friends, welcome to Vavaren.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Vavaren - Page 4 Empty Re: Vavaren

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:39 pm

Armin chuckled. "Indeed. You two are fortunate you have no need to breathe, it looks to make life substantially simpler."

Kay nodded.

---

Mourn wasn't going out there, he was a little distracted by his upcoming surgery anyway, and knowing he wouldn't be able to communicate properly with his friends if they were all wearing masks just made him less inclined to leave the nice safe ship.
Besides, he'd found some craft paper and supplies to sleep on.

--

Esk wandered around the market, looking at things and mostly ignoring the polite storekeepers who asked him if he needed anything. He'd just shake his head and move on to the next.

He found somewhere to sit and watched the busker for a while, pulling out some paper and a pencil to sketch the scenery. This place was weird, the people were strange, but nobody seemed to want to bother him which was nice.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:47 pm

"So much simpler. No jackets needed, either!" James flapped his arms to demonstrate his freedom. "Oh hey, can you recommend any things I should see for Swarm, since they can't come out here safely?"

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:51 pm

"The Swarm?" Armin tilted his head, he hadn't actually encountered the swarm properly yet. "What sort of things would they find interesting?"

[From what we understand of it, quite literally everything]

"Then perhaps a full tour of the city is in order? I would suggest the temple as your first stop, it is the center of the city, the heart if you will. It is a shame we are not here for the solstice, there is quite the show."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:55 pm

"That sounds good, even if it isn't solstice," James said cheerfully. "Yes, let's see the sights!"

Asher looked at Kay, wondering if there were many bridges on this tour.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Kay nodded to Asher, recognizing that expression [I'll be fine. Nobody will let me fall and... and they say that facing your fears is an important step toward overcoming them.] He looked a little pale.

"Come friends." Armin lead the way on a grand tour of the city, talking them through the sights as much as he could remember.
It only involved two bridges to get to the temple, Armin bowed his head to the silver robed priests as they passed.

"Those who seek guidance can find it here, the priests are always there to help and the Weaver will listen to any who pray to her. "

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Sonata had been exploring the area as well, after the painting was said and done, and she and John had went their separate ways, the man still a bit fatigued from the odd air quality and work effort combined with his recent recovery. It was then, she saw, a rather reclusive figure. One she had only seen in passing on the ship. Quickly, she bought two portions worth of aphid milk, finding it a disgusting but entertaining thought, and with a bit of courage, ventured over to the quiet Esk. "You draw?"
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:27 pm

Esk looked up, startled by the sudden appearance of the terran. He set the paper down face down so she couldn't see what he was drawing. "Nothing much else to do when everyone's scared of you." He told her flatly.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:29 pm

"I think drawing is a fine hobby." Sonata continued, stretching out a small bottle of the aphid milk in Esk's direction. "John still has a personal painting back when he was friends with Van Gogh. I was rather jealous. I do draw a bit myself, though, when I have the time. Lately, I've been doing nothing but sewing the kids new stuffies." She smiled suddenly, "I've seen you before, but I do not think we've properly met."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:31 pm

He tentatively took the bottle and stared at it, putting it down beside him. "Esk." He told her in his dull bored tone. He had no idea who Van Gogh was, or who John was either really. He didn't keep track of the random people on the ship's names because he didn't really care. "What's in the bottle?" He asked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:33 pm

"A pleasure, Esk." The Terran nodded slightly, "I am Sonata. And..." she looked down at her open but unsipped bottle, swirling its contents around slightly. "They call it aphid milk. It is a drink common here, apparently. I have yet to try it."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:38 pm

He stayed sitting where he was, just staring at her. "Aphids can be milked?" He picked up the bottle again and looked at it. Hmm. Yeah he was curious. It was either going to be the most disgusting thing ever, or it would be fine. Either way, it was unlikely to be dangerous. He tentatively opened it and sniffed it. "it smells sweet." He told her.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:40 pm

"Apparently so, on this planet... Does it?" Sonata asked softly, also bringing the opening to her nose and making a soft sniff. She smiled, "So it does." With that, she hesitated only a second before carefully tipping the container back to try it.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:46 pm

He watched her, waiting for a reaction. Yeah he wasn't gonna take the first sip. If she doubled over clutching her gut, then he knew it wasn't drinkable.

It tasted a little like honey, slightly less sweet perhaps, but still wonderfully sugary.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:53 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Kay nodded to Asher, recognizing that expression [I'll be fine. Nobody will let me fall and... and they say that facing your fears is an important step toward overcoming them.] He looked a little pale.

"Come friends." Armin lead the way on a grand tour of the city, talking them through the sights as much as he could remember.
It only involved two bridges to get to the temple, Armin bowed his head to the silver robed priests as they passed.

"Those who seek guidance can find it here, the priests are always there to help and the Weaver will listen to any who pray to her. "

Asher smiled at Kay. He could respect that sentiment, it was a good one.

James listened attentively to everything Armin said, staying near him as he looked at everything they passed. "The Weaver sounds nice," he commented.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:57 pm

"She protects us." Armin smiled. "She is mother to all things."

Kay looked as grateful as he could with a mask over most of his face.

Armin looked up. "There is an observation point above us... if you would like to climb up and see over the trees."

Kay looked horrified.

"you do not have to come friend." Armin smiled softly to Kay.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:13 pm

"I'd love to see it," James said delightedly. He looked at Armin curiously, "What does the Weaver think of nonbelievers?"

"I'm happy to stay here with you if you want," Asher told Kay.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Kay nodded gratefully. [Thank you.]

"Yes, you remain with your mate, we will not be long." Armin told them.

Kay blushed and looked away.

Armin frowned. "Appologies, I did not mean to cause offense."

Kay shook his head. [It's fine.]

Armin bowed his head and looked to James. "I do not believe she has any ill will toward them, we are taught to respect and honor the beliefs and cultures of others, even if we ourselves do not share them. Why do you ask?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Asher looked half embarrassed, half amused. Ah, the complexities that occurred when cultures mixed.

James snickered at Asher and Kay's reactions, then returned his attention to the conversation. "Curiosity, mostly. Religions are fascinating things, you know? And they can tell you a lot about a culture. An Exterminationist Humanist tried to attack our space station once, and it made me curious about this stuff." He smiled.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:42 pm

"Vavare are predominantly traders, we would not do so well if we were attacking other species. Our world is hostile enough without bickering with one another or outside species. " Armin smiled and lead James up to the observation point. It was quite a long climb. "We believe the Great Weaver is mother to all, not only the Vavare, and not only that which lives upon this world. We see other races as our brothers and our sisters, partners, not enemies. We are a peaceful people and it has served us well." He shook his head. "I have encountered such vicious humanoids who will attack you for being alien. That is how I met the crew of Vestia. The silent medic and the one who calls herself Starr saved my life. I have no doubt the Weaver brought our paths together, though I still do not know for what purpose. Still, I trust my goddess to show me the way and I walk that path unafraid. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:52 pm

James nodded, following Armin easily. "Being hostile and judgemental would be a bad trait for traders. Still, it must be hard sometimes, being around species who think you're terrifying. I know I hate people who are jerks to me for my species sometimes," he admitted.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Armin nodded. "It is difficult, part of the reason we usually travel in groups, for our own safety. We are well aware of how vulnerable we are out there, but also how unreasonably scared some species can be toward us. We try to be as polite, calm and understanding as possible, to set our partners at ease but... I admit, it is not always easy when they are screaming and threatening you." He sighed. "Berit always had the least patience for such things, which is one of the reasons she never worked with the customers directly. " He looked back to James. "Why do androids encounter such hostility? You look like so many other races, one would think you would fit right in."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:07 pm

"Man, that must be frustrating when you're just trying to do your job. I guess you learn to handle it, but I'm sure that doesn't always help much. Must be worse for Berit, since she's so tall," James said.
"How we're treated is... Weird," he said thoughtfully, "I think it's that they still think of laptops and cheap service bots when they think about us, because we have computer brains too. And we're easily identified," here tapped his badge, "So they can hate us more for taking their jobs. Or something. I'm not entirely sure myself."
"You said that Starr and Kay rescuing you must be for the Weaver's purpose. I'd think that'd be pretty scary," he asked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Sonata tested the drink, returning the bottle to its upright position and savoring it for a moment with closed eyes, before opening them. They had a glimmer to them as she smiled in satisfaction. "It's surprisingly delectable. Honeyed milk..."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:19 pm

"The androids on the station tended to keep away from everyone when they could, but I have spoken to a few. They seemed civilized and polite people. I fail to see what possible threat you could pose to anyone. " He shook his head. Nope, he didn't get it.  "Scary? In what way?" He asked. They reached the top of the stairs and out onto the platform above the canopy.

--

"Are you sure it's actually milk?" Esk looked at it suspiciously. Nope, it looked like dirty, sticky water. He took a tentative sip. Hmm, it did actually taste pretty good though. "I bet it's crushed up insects or something else equally weird."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:28 pm

Starr looked at the kids as Sonata brought over the bugs then grinned and shook her head, going over to get enough of the milk to wash the bugs down with. She had heard about it before somewhere. She took it to a table to be able to let everyone have a seat for the experiment
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:32 pm

James nodded. "Most androids wouldn't hurt anyone, even if they could. They just happen to be a type of creature the universe usually doesn't see, so they're considered to be unnatural, or inferior. Which is an excuse to attack them, apparently."
"Scary, as in you don't know what your future holds, and you could end up anywhere. Also the whole 'being attacked being part of the plan' thing." Yeah, that was a freaky idea. Some mighty god letting people attack you to get you where you needed to go? Eeesh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Armin nodded. "The bipeds fear arachnids. Our biology is so different. I believe it is easy to detatch from what you are doing when your victim does not bleed the same as you. " He shook his head. "But nobody knows what their future holds, unless you are a seer the future is as dark and uncertain as the deepest night." Armin reasoned. "I am not certain the being attacked part was the plan, more the being rescued. But gods work in mysterous ways and on planes of reasoning we cannot begin to comprehend. We must simply trust that it will all work out for the best in the long run. Such belief has helped me through great hardship, knowing that the Weaver will protect me. She guided our friends to me when I needed them, just as she guided a man and his crew to our captors and freed us from our chains. Now she has guided us home." He looked uncertain as he gazed out at the distant mountains. "I am... not sure I wish to remain however..."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next