Upon Defiant: Chapter One

Page 36 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Upon Defiant: Chapter One

Post by Kooshie on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Meetup place for all sorts of families! Also a good therapist is here.

Last edited by Kooshie on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Bianca, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon Defiant: Chapter One

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:34 pm

The minotaur watched them both warily, grunting a response as Asher handed over the form. "It'll do."
It wasn't a small fine either.

Asher might notice as the minotaur came over to grab the forms that the guy's eyes were eerily familiar. a rusty red colour, with double pupils.

The security chief moved to stamp the form and file it, then snapped his fingers. Two security guards came in.

"Get him outta here, and get this stuff into evidence." The way he said evidence really sounded like it meant something else entirely.

Matt rapidly gathered up the small pile of stuff he DID own and looked forlornly at his glorious pile of crap as the guards opened the door and one manhandled him out, uncuffed him and thrust him toward Asher.

"If you try this shit again, we won't be so lenient." The chief assured him gruffly. "In fact, we'll break your hands. Understand?"

Matt gulped and nodded.

"Good, now get out of my sight before my good mood goes." The minotaur snorted and went back to his position at his desk, feet up, hat pulled down over his eyes.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:41 pm

Asher did notice the minotaur's unusual eyes, and looked at him for a few long moments, trying to decide if he should ask. But no, he couldn't risk outstaying their 'welcome' and getting Matt's hands broken, so he instead headed for the door with Matt. "Thank you, sir," he said, "We'll make sure this doesn't happen again."
He'd tell Kay when he got back to Vestia. Kay would definitely want to know about this.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:47 pm

"You better not" The minotaur called after him.

Matt hurried away with Asher, looking a bit wary.
"So... someone called you guys yeah? why'd you come instead of Kay? is he planning some elaborate punishment? oh man, please tell me he's not planning some elborate punishment!"
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:00 pm

Asher patted Matt's arm reassuringly. "Kay's just distracted at the moment, so I offered to come get you instead. He says we'll be withholding painkillers from you as punishment, but I don't think he has anything else planned." He sighed, "I know you don't intend to steal things, and it's not my job to chew you out anyway. But please be careful. I'd rather not see you get in any more trouble for this."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Matt frowned, somehow Asher's understanding non lectures were even more irritating than getting chewed out. "You're way too nice." He told Asher. "and oh man, you guys are gonna need to be dishing out the painkillers come morning. Ellie's as drunk as I am and Merith and Vanessa were waaaasted last we saw em." He laughed. "Did you know Merith can sing? and makes a damn hot girl? "
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Asher blinked, instantly distracted from his quiet attempts to guilt trip Matt. "Why was Vanessa drinking?" Merith, he could easily imagine getting wasted. Vanessa though? She was so very controlled, it hardly seemed possible.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:12 pm

"Oh uh.. something about the guild of scribes wanting em dead? Like.. they did some stuff they didn't wanna elaborate on, more than just that one planet I guess, and if they go back they'll be put on trial. I mean I said the guild would be stupid to execute em on the spot, they're warriors and we need all the magic using powerhouse warriors we can get to take on the family but they were being all depressing and not listening to reason. The guild's not gonna be that dumb right? Merith doesn't wanna run and hide either, I totally suggested that, he's dumb."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:18 pm

Asher's mind flashed back to the first time he had seen Vanessa, when she was holding a knife to an unconscious Merith's throat, preparing to take him back to the Guild of Scribes so they could face justice. That time, he had been able to talk Vanessa into giving Merith more time, for Syren's sake. But now? Syren was gone, and there wasn't much to stop them from facing whatever justice the Guild was planning.
"Oh no," he said softly, wondering why he hadn't figured out what was happening sooner. "They've decided to turn themselves in?"
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:21 pm

Matt nodded. "Yeah, they're DUMB." He put an arm around Asher's shoulders, he was still pretty drunk after all. "But but... apparently we might be able to like.. stand up for them? I dunno, i'm gonna rant at em till they see sense. I mean it's just stupid to kill your soldiers before a war."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:26 pm

Asher let Matt lean on him, which went much better than it had for Ellie earlier, because he was slightly closer in size to Matt, and considerably stronger than Ellie. "We'll be able to defend them? Well that's something at least." He wanted to talk to them both right now, and get all the details. Of course, that would be stupid since they were completely drunk right now.
For the moment, he'd just have to focus on getting Matt home.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Matt nodded. "Yeah.. we totally are gonna defend the hell outta those guys. I mean, yeaaah Merith did some terrible things but.. but he's also saved people and his kids need a dad... and death is just.. just so final right? They're immortal, lock em up for a few decades and then let em go atone or something right? AFTER the family is dealt with. Not much point doing anything till they're gone."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:39 pm

"They'd have had to do something really spectacularly bad for us to not stand up for them at this point," Asher agreed. "It's pretty clear that they've changed over the years. And the Family should definitely take priority," he added, eyes hardening. After all they had done, they needed to be brought to justice. There was no doubt that that was the highest priority.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:41 pm

Matt nodded. "We're a big dysfunctional family man, and family stick together, no matter how fucking crazy they are." He shrugged. "Did you get to meet Stellan?" He said he'd seen Kay right?
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:46 pm

"Yes I did. He was... memorable." Asher shook his head, "My family is dysfunctional, but yours takes dysfunction to a whole new level. Kay was a bit shaken, but he's all right."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:52 pm

Matt nodded. "Memorable... " He laughed. "that's one way to put it. Poor kid." He shook his head. "Kay'll be fine, I don't think Stellan will actually hurt him. They just have... issues. " He shrugged. "It's complicated. But then, it always is right? i'd kinda hoped time would mellow him out a bit" He groaned. "Man.. I need to sleep. too much excitement for one day... and too much beer... and whatever else. "
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:04 pm

"He could have killed Kay if he wanted to, but he didn't. I'm not too worried," Asher said softly, guiding Matt toward the shuttle. "If you need painkillers tomorrow, ask Vestia to find me."
Kay would roll his eyes when he found out. But Matt was too nice, and didn't deserve to suffer, in Asher's opinion. He couldn't help being Good Cop, okay?
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Matt chuckled. "waaay too nice man." He let himself be guided though.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:25 pm

After the group dispersed from the bar, Vanessa and Merith began to walk again, trying to sober themselves back up to be publicly decent. They did so quite well, walking a ways a drinking water until they came to the more recreational part of the station. It was then, they spotted the ice rink.

It took some time, but eventually Merith gently took Vanessa hands and rented two pairs of ice skates. They tentatively put them on together and walked into the icy cold room, Merith summoning a trench coat, a red scarf and a pair of ruby gloves. Vanessa summoned a similar attire, except instead of a black trenchcoat, it was a shimmering blue with sky azure accessories. Both of them carefully stepped onto the ice.

Merith showed Vanessa, and practically awed everyone also there at the time, what being immortal gave you time to practice. With effortless ease he skated across the rink, backwards, forwards and around. Compared to his determination to gain as much speed as possible, Vanessa gracefully dipped around the circle of ice, only to yelp and laugh out loud when Merith caught her by the hand and they spun around together. then man grinning and holding her close so she wouldn't fall as the spin tightened and rolled faster.
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:29 pm

Shane looked to Ellie then started to get her to the shuttles again "We should go back home and let you sober up and rest."
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:34 pm

"Yeah, leave the Rescue of Matt to someone who isn't completely wasted," Ellie agreed. She paused, "Man, why do you even tolerate us? We're, like, always drunk and stuff."

~~
Asher laughed. "I'll try to be nastier next time." He saw the shuttle up ahead, with Ellie and Shane approaching it, and waved in greeting.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:46 pm

"Ellie! Shane! Asher totally bailed me out and didn't lecture me or anything! " Matt still had his arm around the android as he grinned and waved.
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:49 pm

Shane chuckled softly and waved to Asher and Matt "You are my friends, even drunk" He answered Ellie
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:53 pm

"You're a sweetie," Ellie said, hugging Shane awkwardly. She gave Matt and Asher a suspicious look. "Why didn't he lecture you?"

Asher looked at Ellie warily. Not again.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:55 pm

"Um, maybe because lecturing when drunk doesn't work well?" Shane pointed out then smiled
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:57 pm

"Because he's totally awesome and not all cranky and bitchy like my brother the cactus?" Matt laughed, oblivious to Ellie's suspicious look.
"Also.. also.. like.. like.. the security guy threatened to break my hands so yeah... and i'm not allowed painkillers but he's totally sneaking me painkillers yay! told you he was a good dude!"
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:01 pm

"The security guy threatened you? Ohmygosh," Ellie said. "Police brutality!"
She looked at Matt and Asher again. "I really hope you guys aren't a thing now," she said sternly, "That would be mean to Kay."

Asher winced. "It really isn't like that," he said.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Matt stared at Ellie, then burst into laughter and let go of Asher. "that... no offense Asher but.. ew. Nonono no no no.. Not making moves on my brother's boyfriend, that's like.. almost incest or something right? even if he's not really my brother and... yeah.. still ew. And Thalia would castrate me with a spoon, you know it." He snickered. "She's so violently angry, it's so hot."
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum